U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 05:17 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,107,165 times

Advertisements

Hospitals are required to do emergency mascal and other types of emergency training annually. Very good time now to get in front of the ebola training before being embarrassed in front of the world by Faux News.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:30 PM

8,706 posts, read 8,778,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post
Nice......just attempt to spread unsubstantiated rumors and stir up a little hysteria.
It is a local incident and it is on our local news.

Here is the news link:

Few answers on Ebola scare in Largo - WFLA News Channel 8

The Rules ~ Infractions & Deletions ~ Who's the moderator? ~ FAQ ~ Personal Attacks ~ Trolling ~ Copyrighted Material

Old 10-17-2014, 05:32 PM

5,556 posts, read 5,025,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
....learn how the virus is transmitted.......
Excellent advice...for the head of the CDC. Oh, wait, the lawyer/lobbyist who is the newly created "Ebola Czar" will tell us.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:37 PM

2,708 posts, read 4,385,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
shut down travel to the US from the affected countries, for starters. sheesh. I'm getting just a tad tired of hearing about people announcing their arrival from West Africa followed by a technicolor yawn.
You mean we should block flight out of Texas? So far we got more infection out of Dallas than Africa.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
You mean we should block flight out of Texas? So far we got more infection out of Dallas than Africa.
Remind me how the infection arrived in Dallas in the first place? Right through the front door, with the perpetrator announcing his place of origin. "Hi, I'm from Liberia and I don't feel so good", accompanied by technicolor yawns from both ends.

And here's the governor of Takesass berating his own citizens. Someone oughta puke on his cowboy boots.

If I'm a healthcare worker right now, my resignation is on the administrator's desk.

I'm pissed, really pissed.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:28 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,107,165 times
Quote:
Excellent advice...for the head of the CDC. Oh, wait, the lawyer/lobbyist who is the newly created "Ebola Czar" will tell us.
We have enough healthcare experts ....the new czar will serve more as a coordinator - need someone familiar with a variety of gov't agencies, not necessarily a doc or scientist.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
They were probably just practicing. Perhaps there was a scare at a local hospital that turned out not to be Ebola but revealed the need for better training.
That is what I am hoping and I think it would be wise to do this locally. But not saying that is what it was, if it was, just causes concern and distrust. The news tonight said that if anything happens locally which may be Ebola related or just checked for Ebola, local authorities are NOT allowed to disclose any information on it. What the heck kind of policy is that for the local community? It just keeps everyone wondering and in some cases, scared.

The Rules ~ Infractions & Deletions ~ Who's the moderator? ~ FAQ ~ Personal Attacks ~ Trolling ~ Copyrighted Material

Old 10-17-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
We have enough healthcare experts ....the new czar will serve more as a coordinator - need someone familiar with a variety of gov't agencies, not necessarily a doc or scientist.
We have enough healthcare experts? I don't think so, not if the head of the CDC is so clueless.

I'm not confident, and certainly not confident with executive appointees, thus far in this administration. With the possible exception of James Comey at the FBI.

Anyway, I hope the Largo incident is much ado about nothing.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
That is what I am hoping and I think it would be wise to do this locally. But not saying that is what it was, if it was, just causes concern and distrust. The news tonight said that if anything happens locally which may be Ebola related or just checked for Ebola, local authorities are NOT allowed to disclose any information on it. What the heck kind of policy is that for the local community? It just keeps everyone wondering and in some cases, scared.
They must have been reading your mind.

Lack of information on Ebola spreading fear, mistrust locally | TBO.com, The Tampa Tribune and The Tampa Times

Old 10-17-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
That's it for sure. Thx for posting the informative link about the lack of information. It's a shame it is being handled this way, but if anyone can get it straightened out....it is WFLA 8 on your side.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or