U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 03:47 PM

25,814 posts, read 39,028,478 times

Advertisements

I just spoke with an employee from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Flroida who told me we can keep our plan till July 2015 but than the Affordable Heath care act doesn't allow our plan to be in place any longer but for now we are grandfathered in...!!!

I asked her about the ER issue in the OP post and she stated that is also applicable in our case and we need to be careful but after July2015 it doesn't matter and all in network and out of network doctors at n ER are covered if the hospital is covered.

So far this may be one of the few benefits of aobamacare for the rest it seems to be a disaster!

Old 11-11-2014, 08:07 AM

2,263 posts, read 1,557,749 times
Obumer care is such a disaster that it's not even fully implemented yet. Obumer has delayed the worst parts till he is out of office. Still waiting for my 2500.00 premium discount.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:27 AM

114 posts, read 118,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Obumer care is such a disaster that it's not even fully implemented yet. Obumer has delayed the worst parts till he is out of office. Still waiting for my 2500.00 premium discount.
Discounts are given to those who qualify, based on household size and income. Why are you 'waiting' on a discount and have you re-contacted the website to find out what the problem is.

Everyone I know who went from 'no insurance' to the Affordable Care Act are very happy....most are people between 55 and 65 who wanted to retire, but could not afford private health insurance (some had pre-existing conditions and basically couldn't get any insurance). Many of these friends have been able to retire now that Obamacare allows them to get a policy; those who had policies prior to the Affordable Care Act have told me their premiums are far less now.

Guess it all depends on your particular circumstances.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:33 AM

25,814 posts, read 39,028,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franniejacks View Post
Discounts are given to those who qualify, based on household size and income. Why are you 'waiting' on a discount and have you re-contacted the website to find out what the problem is.

Everyone I know who went from 'no insurance' to the Affordable Care Act are very happy....most are people between 55 and 65 who wanted to retire, but could not afford private health insurance (some had pre-existing conditions and basically couldn't get any insurance). Many of these friends have been able to retire now that Obamacare allows them to get a policy; those who had policies prior to the Affordable Care Act have told me their premiums are far less now.

Guess it all depends on your particular circumstances.
I guess people are happy who never had insurance and now have others basically pay for them and their huge amount of medical bills since that is what it will end up being.

I'm not even looking into what plan to choose for when July is the deadline since I hope many items will be changed by than or that we CAN KEEP OUR PLAN as Obama promised and clearly was a LIE!

Old 11-11-2014, 09:57 AM

8,706 posts, read 8,786,534 times
This thread has run its course, as now it has become about national politics....which do not belong here.

The Rules ~ Infractions & Deletions ~ Who's the moderator? ~ FAQ ~ Personal Attacks ~ Trolling ~ Copyrighted Material
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay