U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:26 PM

12 posts, read 107,340 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a rheumotologist and an allergist in pinellas county that will take medicaid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 10:19 AM

849 posts, read 3,199,903 times
Smile again

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs1 View Post
Anyone know of a rheumotologist and an allergist in pinellas county that will take medicaid?

call the Medicaid tel. I gave you and ask for specialty providers in the area. both those specialties are sub sets of Internal med. so if they don't list the specialty specifically, you can call the INTERNISTS on the list and see if they treat those things particularly. Best of luck depending on which Medicaid you have, many docs won't take new pts.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:57 PM

Thanks, however what did you mean with "which medicid you have". I have medi-pass, hopefully not the wrong one. Not suprised that most won't take medicaid , they don't get paid in a timely manner which sets medicaid pts. up for substandard care. In a perfect world money wouldn't matter.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:37 PM

Default I find it is

Quote:
Thanks, however what did you mean with "which medicid you have". I have medi-pass, hopefully not the wrong one. Not suprised that most won't take medicaid , they don't get paid in a timely manner which sets medicaid pts. up for substandard care. In a perfect world money wouldn't matter.
I'm dropping my Medipass. Can't get back to the doc I first had here. He won't take it anymore. This is the open enrollment period. You need to check out other plans fast. This doc who I actually like (but I moved to tampa for a year) suggested United. Said they'd take me back with it.
I think the other prob. with Medipass is their fees are lower and they won't bring them up to standard and usual for this area. This situation seems to have developed since I moved to FL 2 years ago. Medipass is giving me some alternative stuff like acupuncture thru Alternative Medicine Integration. Are you aware of that? They offer Acupuncture or Massage therapy. Since you mentioned a rheumatologist and allergist, I'd suggest before you change your from Medipass to contact AMI: 727-502-0100. See if you qualify for service. I have MS and slight asthma and the Acupuncture helps tremendously. If you want and get it, I can recommend his name thru a pm. let me know.
BTW, are you watching your diet? I know it's hard on a limited income but if you can eliminate beans and grains, maybe dairy, I think you'll see a big improvement. I can eat dairy but not the other 2. I eat fish but not shell fish or other scavengers for protein.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:41 PM

Smile medi pass

Hello,
Thank you for the information , especially about the acupuncture and massage. I have Lupus and asthma, fibromyalgia also. I'm new to the area of Tarpon Springs and medicaid in the state of Florida. I had it in Michigan, but that service was not allowed. I have have a lot of muscle and joint pain and think the massage would help. Who do you see? yes , please contact me however this may sound crazy but how can I give you a contact email or pm contact. I'm new to being on any boards like this.
I hope I'm ok on medipass , I saw my primary for the fist time recently since Ive been sick lately, and He seems ok so far. I do need to get a Rheumy though.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Hello,
Thank you for the information , especially about the acupuncture and massage. I have Lupus and asthma, fibromyalgia also. I'm new to the area of Tarpon Springs and medicaid in the state of Florida. I had it in Michigan, but that service was not allowed. I have have a lot of muscle and joint pain and think the massage would help. Who do you see? yes , please contact me however this may sound crazy but how can I give you a contact email or pm contact. I'm new to being on any boards like this.
I hope I'm ok on medipass , I saw my primary for the fist time recently since Ive been sick lately, and He seems ok so far. I do need to get a Rheumy though.
first, you click on the top where it says "direct messages" then look for "send message" you just type "jessiesma" in the "send to" line and type your message. Mine will show that I have rec'd one and I'll answer to your email.
We're in opposite ends of the county but I can ask my acupuncturist. Or go to: Home He does have an office in Clearwater, actually his wife does. They are Chinese docs, were professors in China. I don't think they do massage however. Alternative Medicine Integration can suggest someone and if you don't like them you can request a change. AIM uses nurse practitioner case workers so you'll have someone knowledgeable handling your situation.
Can't your primary recommend a rheumy? Ask him for some names and then call around to see if they take Medipass.
If you can't figure out how to DM me just post that here and I 'll try to walk you thru it.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:09 PM

76 posts, read 237,879 times
Default medicare?

not sure if this may help or not.. but... the MD in my office sees patients from all over the world. he actually has a book on fibromyalgia coming out next month, and has pioneered a food allergy test that is so sensitive and so different, it has its own patent.
there are many foods that we eat that add inflammation to our bodies.. this test can discover which foods have that affect. the problem is, most are delayed reaction and may not affect us for up to several days! i have seen some amazing results.
i do not want to leave his name or contact info here, with out his permission.. but if you have not found some one, you can email me.
i will talk to him and ask about being able to mention him on the forum..
the clinic is on the other side of the state, but you do not need to be at his office. i see people all over the country, using lab tests and the phone... its becoming more common in certain situations.
also, in the meantime, keep in mind there are many foods that raise inflammation in everybody, and there are ways you can adjust for that.
reduce your intake of sugar, watch your intake of meats, and omega 6, watch your stress levels, and increase your omega 3's.
while not a cure-all... these are good general guidelines to help reduce inflammation.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:19 AM

Default vegetarian = overweight 4 me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrick View Post
not sure if this may help or not.. but... the MD in my office sees patients from all over the world. he actually has a book on fibromyalgia coming out next month, and has pioneered a food allergy test that is so sensitive and so different, it has its own patent.
there are many foods that we eat that add inflammation to our bodies.. this test can discover which foods have that affect. the problem is, most are delayed reaction and may not affect us for up to several days! i have seen some amazing results.
i do not want to leave his name or contact info here, with out his permission.. but if you have not found some one, you can email me.
i will talk to him and ask about being able to mention him on the forum..
the clinic is on the other side of the state, but you do not need to be at his office. i see people all over the country, using lab tests and the phone... its becoming more common in certain situations.
also, in the meantime, keep in mind there are many foods that raise inflammation in everybody, and there are ways you can adjust for that.
reduce your intake of sugar, watch your intake of meats, and omega 6, watch your stress levels, and increase your omega 3's.
while not a cure-all... these are good general guidelines to help reduce inflammation.
Hi DrRick
I really have to say something here about making specific recommendations regarding sources of protein. I have MS and lots of allergy problems but I have eliminated most of them by reducing chemical exposure in my life. The only synthetic garment in my wardrobe is my bathing suit and if I could find a natural fiber one I would wear that. The food allergies have been eliminated by figuring out my "nutritional type."
I simply cannot derive protein from non animal sources. WE recently went thru a little financial difficulty and for about 10 days I couldn't afford meat or fish every day. I was eating more carbs, even high quality ones and [gasp] some legumes. Boy did I get sick. it's been a few weeks and I'm just coming around. So my point is that some of us are "protein types, and others are "carb types' while still others are mixed, as my husband seems to be. I absolutely need to eat meat or fish although I limit to fish for other reasons, every day. I know there is no scientific proof of this but patients know their bodies and I know how I feel. I have more energy and feel fuller, I also don't bloat and I keep my weight down on protein. Carbs, grains etc. are linked to worsening MS and it is the glycerides in them that contribute to high bad cholesterol, not eating fats. I gain weight on low protein diets. I was never overweight until I became a vegetarian.
I just get tired of hearing this "one way suits all" mantra from the medical establishment.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:48 AM

76 posts, read 237,879 times
Default i hear you but...

first.. i am sorry to hear about your situation, i know it can be tough to eat a specialized diet.
second... if you knew me you would know how funny it is to think that i would promote a one size fits all approach
no.. i am not saying that at all...
but this is the way everybody's body works.. in regard to the PGE1,2,3... the art of medicine is this...
that not everybody converts the omega 6 into pge2 (inflammatory).. there are many other factors that are involved.. but with out seeing the person, there is no way to be more specific... so these are just general guidelines.
i work more specifically in chinese medicine, and if you have seen a D.O.M. you know, the treatments are very individualized.
that being said... have you ever been tested for food allergies? not the intradermal tests, but more of a delayed food allergy test?
there are certain things that will cause healthy food to be used in a negative way, and vice versa...
i do not believe in a one size fits all approach, there are just too many other factors...
thats why i use a metabolic test.... and i do not offer it in "sections"... sometimes patients will ask for only one part to be tested... but with out the complete picture, you can't make an accurate diagnosis or recommendation.
going back to the animal proteins.... omega 6... this converts either to pge2 or, if there is enough omega 3 and not an excess amount of stress, or sugar.. then it converts to pge3(anti inflammatory)
well.. thats kind of basic, but i think you get it...
so with out knowing more about the person's diet, exercise, stresslevels, and situation, limiting omega 6, and meats is a good general rule.
sorry for the misunderstanding.
if you have a specific question, you can email me. i don't like to get to specific on the boards because some people may take it as fact, while ignoring other signs and symptoms..

Old 01-08-2008, 02:18 PM

13,495 posts, read 34,007,091 times
Here's an easier way to send someone a direct message. Click on their name and options will fall down. Just click on "Send a Direct Message to Jessie" or whomever you're trying to contact. Your letter will pop up and all you have to do is write and then click "Submit reply" just like on the boards.

And I'm sorry to hear about the health problems here. I have a few myself and it can make life a bit complicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay