U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 10:39 PM

3 posts, read 2,073 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I currently live in WA state and we're planning a wedding in the Tampa Bay area around August 2015. We're looking for a venue that can do the ceremony and reception at a reasonable price. Our budget is around $4500-6000 and would prefer a venue that also caters. We'd of course prefer a lot of things like outdoor on the beach, lake view, in a garden, all-inclusive, etc but recognize that we have to be realistic with our budget. The empress tea room is the only place I've found so far that seems to be in our budget but we're trying to find some other options to choose from including hotels. I know our budget isn't the highest but any help you can give on affordable venues in the area would be a great help.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 04:50 AM

114 posts, read 118,966 times
How many guests do you intend to cover within your budget???

Old 11-13-2014, 07:17 AM

3,313 posts, read 4,308,067 times
Within this budget it might be better to split ceremony and reception. You can get a nice ceremony on the beach for cheap.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:38 AM

8,706 posts, read 8,815,886 times
Our son and fiancé are getting married next year and are using the Safety Harbor Spa & Resort. You need to always negotiate, as their stated prices can easily be brought down. They are paying much less than originally quoted. It fits within your budget and is gorgeous, of course it depends on how many people will be at the reception.

Safety Harbor Resort and Spa - Safety Harbor, FL - United States

Old 11-13-2014, 10:26 AM

673 posts, read 1,039,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreausj View Post
Hi everyone,

My fiance and I currently live in WA state and we're planning a wedding in the Tampa Bay area around August 2015. We're looking for a venue that can do the ceremony and reception at a reasonable price. Our budget is around $4500-6000 and would prefer a venue that also caters. We'd of course prefer a lot of things like outdoor on the beach, lake view, in a garden, all-inclusive, etc but recognize that we have to be realistic with our budget. The empress tea room is the only place I've found so far that seems to be in our budget but we're trying to find some other options to choose from including hotels. I know our budget isn't the highest but any help you can give on affordable venues in the area would be a great help.

Thanks,
Have a look at:

Florida Beach Wedding Packages - 727-475-2272

They are located about 20 miles south of Tampa on the Bay, I think you could do it with your budget.

Congratulations.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:04 PM

OP....do you have someone in the TB area you can rely on to make these plans for you? Or will you be able to come out and work out the details in person before committing money to this big event?

I'd worry about doing everything long distance for such a momentous occasion.

FYI: We eloped 40 years ago and never regretted it. All my girlfriends back then had big weddings that caused so much family issues, so much stress, so much money!

Old 11-13-2014, 01:53 PM

3 posts, read 2,073 times
You all are awesome for responding so quickly! The guest list would be no more than 50, but since it's out of state for both of our families I think around 25-30 people is more likely. We will actually be moving to the Tampa Bay area soon because my fiancé will start attending USF in January, but since we're planning the wedding in August next year we are trying to get a head start on finding a place. So thankfully we will eventually be able to visit the venues. EngGirl, I would love a beach ceremony but I am worried that the weather will not be ideal in August to have it out because it's the rainy season. We did visit Tampa in June before we decided to move there, so maybe a late morning/early afternoon ceremony might work. What do you all think?

Old 11-13-2014, 03:07 PM

673 posts, read 1,039,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreausj View Post
You all are awesome for responding so quickly! The guest list would be no more than 50, but since it's out of state for both of our families I think around 25-30 people is more likely. We will actually be moving to the Tampa Bay area soon because my fiancé will start attending USF in January, but since we're planning the wedding in August next year we are trying to get a head start on finding a place. So thankfully we will eventually be able to visit the venues. EngGirl, I would love a beach ceremony but I am worried that the weather will not be ideal in August to have it out because it's the rainy season. We did visit Tampa in June before we decided to move there, so maybe a late morning/early afternoon ceremony might work. What do you all think?
I say go for the outdoor beach wedding. When it rains it is short lived. If necessary, I'll bet the service can be moved inside.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:07 PM

819 posts, read 1,011,442 times
Check into Grand Plaza on St Pete Beach. They have beach weddings all the time; my wife and I are often there on Saturdays at the bar so we see weddings constantly. They are actually pretty decent as far as food goes and the rooms are some of the nicer ones on St Pete Beach since they're tile instead of worn out carpet like most of the other hotels. You can do the reception at nearly ground level in a ball room, or they also have one 12 stories up with 360 degree views.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloBeachRetiree View Post
Have a look at:

Florida Beach Wedding Packages - 727-475-2272

They are located about 20 miles south of Tampa on the Bay, I think you could do it with your budget.

Congratulations.
Nice ....maybe I can talk DH into a vow renewal??? The various beach options are great, everything from Pass A Grille to Lido Beach. Thanks for the link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or