U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 06:07 AM

734 posts, read 729,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
"Low density"? You've got to be kidding me.There are 20 million people living in Florida! Are you time traveling writing this from 1818? When was the last time you drove through Atlanta or DC? Or Tampa for that matter? Last time we drove through DC it was a disaster, and even though it was rush hour, that HOV lane blocked by barriers wasn't even open! So, I am not really sure why was it there in the first place.
The HOV lanes on 395 open in either direction depending on time of day.

I'm assuming you were driving up in the afternoon or evening, in which case it was closed to northbound traffic because it was either preparing to open for southbound traffic or was already open for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Tampa traffic is a cakewalk compared to many other cities.
It really is. Rush hour is still an hour down here and is a joke compared to the northeast. Rush hour in DC can last 3-4 hours on an average day, assuming few to no accidents and/or inclement weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 06:34 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,779,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
When I lived in Brooklyn NY, I drove over the Verrazano Bridge the first day it opened in 1964. The toll was 50 cents round trip. We were told the toll would be gone when the bonds were paid. [51 years ago]
Been over that bridge lately? It cost $13 of which a portion goes to the MTA to subsidize low cost subway rides.
Tolls never go away and always increase.
This isn't always true. There were 3 tolls on I95 in Richmond, VA years ago that were removed. I assume they were removed after the road was paid in full.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:50 AM

3,002 posts, read 1,656,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
13 dollars to go over a bridge? that's actually kind of comical
That's why you have Escape From NY lol. Ehen they redo the Tapanzee bridge they are talking $15 to get across. Its criminal!

Old 01-30-2015, 11:07 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,428,111 times
Quote:
Tolls never go away and always increase.
The GA-400 toll in Atlanta was removed last year. When I heard about that I began preparing for the Apocalypse because surely that is one of the 7 signs.

Quote:
Been over that bridge lately? It cost $13 of which a portion goes to the MTA to subsidize low cost subway rides.
Keep that in mind when people tell you about how efficient public transit (and dense urban living) is.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:11 PM

2,708 posts, read 4,385,434 times
And the mass obviously won't be able to pay $10/day.......

From the article..

Quote:
As it stands, the plan is to "build from within," officials said, and borrow space from the current lanes to create one express lane for each direction. Existing interstate lanes are 12 feet, officials said, meaning some lanes will shrink to 10 or 11 feet to accommodate the express lanes.
really? $9B to just shrink existing lanes? . Somebody is making serious money on this!

Old 01-31-2015, 07:05 PM

25,784 posts, read 38,999,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Sunpass works with Epass.
People making $100 an hour don't live an hour from where they work especially not in Tampa. In general terms of course.
If that is true why don't they mention that on the signs to make that clear. If you hardly ever drive there it doesn't show that you can use either one of them.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:04 PM

4,813 posts, read 3,462,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If that is true why don't they mention that on the signs to make that clear. If you hardly ever drive there it doesn't show that you can use either one of them.
https://www.sunpass.com/roadsAndBridges

It also works in GA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay