U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 12:51 PM

64 posts, read 58,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Just because someone speaks Spanish does not mean they are illegals.

If I had a biz I wouldnt risk thousands of dollars to save a few bucks on salary.

If I had a biz I wouldnt use incompetent workers. Why would I ruin my business?
100% true. I know that there is a serious situation about that going on now in this country (and yes, like everyone, I have my opinions for and against) but I can assure you that not every Spanish speaking individual is illegal. There are plenty of Hispanics that are American citizens, either from birth because they were born in the mainland US but raised to speak both English and Spanish at home, or because of where they were born ( ex: Puerto Rico, which is a Spanish speaking territory owned by the United States) or because they are now naturalized citizens having taken the citizenship test and pledged allegiance to the same flag that you and I pledge our loyalty to. Just so happens that in all three of those above mentioned situations, Spanish is their dominant language, especially if they came as adults. Those are murky waters that I do not want to wade into. Besides, that is not what my post is about. Thank you to all that have answered and have given me great information. This is a great forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 06:31 PM

2,262 posts, read 1,557,179 times
I read most of the post on this thread and I did not see anyone say that all Spanish speaking workers are illegal. I got to know many of the people I speak about. I was even at one time a partner in a business with one. Though he was legal he wasn't when he first came to this country. In the 80's with the Regan amnesty he became legal. He would once a year travel back home and bring with him 3-4 illegals to train in his business. He wasn't the only one doing it neither. He would go back and buy land back home for his family and stay2-3 months before coming back here to work the rest of the year. Good hard working people that I am proud to call friends. We both don't always agree on things but we enjoy talking about them. I have a bone to pick with our government more than anything. What's the point of laws when you can pick and choose the ones you want to enforce? Way too much gray areas now a days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or