U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 10:06 AM

34 posts, read 86,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post

The only way to avoid this kind of neighbors is to live in more expensive areas, but be aware you will be surrounded by Indians (and enjoy their specific smell of curry 24/7), middle easterners.
I live in New Tampa and the apartment complex I live in has alot Indians and I have NO ISSUES with them. No crime, no loud music. And truth is I don't smell curry. They are good hard working people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 10:10 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,607,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo555 View Post
I live in New Tampa and the apartment complex I live in has alot Indians and I have NO ISSUES with them. No crime, no loud music. And truth is I don't smell curry. They are good hard working people.
"Indians" from India are rarely a problem; they are amongst the most polite individuals living here.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:31 AM

4,091 posts, read 4,674,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo555 View Post
You're missing the obvious racial stereotypes in this thread. The point was to upset people. Instead of doing that, certain posters simply joined in.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:53 AM

734 posts, read 729,249 times
Indians are great to have as neighbors, as are Ethiopians like I had up north. Nice people. Never bother anyone. Certainly better than the hood trash in some parts of Tampa.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:43 PM

5,177 posts, read 3,452,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
Indians are great to have as neighbors, as are Ethiopians like I had up north. Nice people. Never bother anyone. Certainly better than the hood trash in some parts of Tampa.
I have both in my neighborhood in Atlanta. They are some of the best neighbors (and friends) you could ever ask for.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:55 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,139,084 times
Its sad some people can be so snobby on this forum with their noses so high up their noses and not this forum but a lot of state forums. I understand you want good neighbors that can take care of themselves but you guys act like section 8 people are like gutter trash that needs to be disposed like gosh have a heart.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:57 PM

3,010 posts, read 1,657,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Its sad some people can be so snobby on this forum with their noses so high up their noses and not this forum but a lot of state forums. I understand you want good neighbors that can take care of themselves but you guys act like section 8 people are like gutter trash that needs to be disposed like gosh have a heart.
It has nothing to do with being snobby. When you spend a few hundred thousand dollars on a house you want you neighborhood to keep up with your investment. I have been to numerous section 8 jobs and I have know people that rent them out. Fact is that most residents could give a sh1t less about the property and community that they live. Its not being a snob. Its being a realist!!! Sorry if the truth hurts but its the truth and we shouldn't be shamed into not saying it!!!! So I will say it! Section 8 brings down a community!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Its being a realist!!! Sorry if the truth hurts but its the truth and we shouldn't be shamed into not saying it!!!! So I will say it! Section 8 brings down a community!!!!!!!!
Or is it that bad communities attract section 8? I can't imagine someone would spend a couple of hundred thousand on a house to rent it out to the people you have described.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:37 PM

3,010 posts, read 1,657,737 times
Section 8: Destroying Home Values, Driving Up Rents? | THELAW.TV

Old 02-08-2015, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
"Cash investors are buying up luxury bank-owned properties and flipping them into Section 8 rentals for the guaranteed, at- or above-market rent checks issued by the government."

Call me crazy, but I doubt there are many nice neighborhoods with a flood of luxury, bank-owned properties. If there are that many bank owned properties, chances are the neighborhood has been in decline for a while. Which leads to my original question: Is it that section 8 brings down a community, or does a bad community attract section 8?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or