U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:36 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,841,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
I own both a free standing house and a condo.

My non HOA free standing house Yep we have zoning laws, building codes, rules over if you run a business out of house, rules that prohibit fireworks, farm animals, commercial vehicles parked in driveways and no non-registered cars visible from street. AKA the up on blocks cars.

What house exists where there are zero town laws. Crack houses, brothels etc would be all over if no zoning laws
Yes every city has laws but this guy had his business in a garage that was not attached and in a neighborhood developed in the 1940"s. Maybe it was not legal but that was on him the city never came out to inspest because all my neighbors were not bussybodys. What someone did on their own property was no ones business except his. But what i have seen here everyone wants to butt in on other peoples business. This neighbor did not bother anyone and he was making a good living making furniture. So I have no problem with what other people do on their own property. Also look around there could be a crack house by you, tell me what dose a crack house look like? or what dose a brothel house look like? Not all crack houses and brothels look like a dump. Remember that show breaking bad did Walts house look like a crack house? No but he made crack right. I can go down a street in Clearwater by gulf to bay and see a nice house than a shack then a couple more nice houses then another dump. So are all these dumps crack houses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 10:00 AM

4,539 posts, read 4,811,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Yes every city has laws but this guy had his business in a garage that was not attached and in a neighborhood developed in the 1940"s. Maybe it was not legal but that was on him the city never came out to inspest because all my neighbors were not bussybodys. What someone did on their own property was no ones business except his. But what i have seen here everyone wants to butt in on other peoples business. This neighbor did not bother anyone and he was making a good living making furniture. So I have no problem with what other people do on their own property. Also look around there could be a crack house by you, tell me what dose a crack house look like? or what dose a brothel house look like? Not all crack houses and brothels look like a dump. Remember that show breaking bad did Walts house look like a crack house? No but he made crack right. I can go down a street in Clearwater by gulf to bay and see a nice house than a shack then a couple more nice houses then another dump. So are all these dumps crack houses?
I lived a few doors down from a crack house and a few SROs and brothels in the early 90s. A neighbor a few doors down rushing to train got to close to a sleeping crack head who jumped up and stabbed him in back. You sleep on street in NYC back in 1992 you better be doing it with a gun in your hand.

Also back in 1989 I went to Bed Stuy for a charity project. The gunfire was every few minutes the three hours I was there and we were doing a xmas party for poor little kids in a day care center. It had bullet proof glass and there was slugs stuck in window all over.

I also lived in the Bronx back in the day when the Bronx was burning.The crack heads would stripped the coo per out of building while you slept and you wake up with no hear or hot water.

Yea you dont enforce laws it is crazy. My sister's old neighborhood you locked yourself in every night. Once night at around 8pm some women is running through halls yelling he is going to kill me and banging on doors. My brother in law tells his wife go in bedroom and hide behind matress. He looks out peephole just as women bangs on his door and sees her face to face as she gets a bullet in her back and he called 911 and they removed the body.

Walter Whites of the world are in hiding today. With no zoning rules the RV is cooking in driveway and drug deals being down in neighborhood.

It will go back to my old neighborhoods where the Pimps settle up with Hos right on street and cars lined up block of folks getting BJs. Condoms and Needles all over. It was pretty yicky. I aint going back. Manhattan, Brooklyn and even the Bronx are all nice as folks enforce the laws and zoning rules

Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,141,486 times
HOAs, if fees are high enough, are good insurance for keeping the riff-raff out of the neighborhood......

Just sayin'.......

Old 02-18-2015, 10:54 AM

25,851 posts, read 39,055,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
HOAs, if fees are high enough, are good insurance for keeping the riff-raff out of the neighborhood......

Just sayin'.......
During the housing boom and the way mortgages were handled almost everyone without a dime could get a zero down mortgage (ARM) and that caused a lot of people to live above their means and no money to upkeep their properties and actually living where they didn't belong.

Due to all that there have now been proud home owners buying some of these properties aside from investors and most communities have seen changes and depending on how good the HOA is managing will determine how good the community is kept up.

Many HOA's have been fired and replaced since some didn't care too much or were handled by property managers who had the wrong intentions.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
I lived a few doors down from a crack house and a few SROs and brothels in the early 90s. A neighbor a few doors down rushing to train got to close to a sleeping crack head who jumped up and stabbed him in back. You sleep on street in NYC back in 1992 you better be doing it with a gun in your hand.

Also back in 1989 I went to Bed Stuy for a charity project. The gunfire was every few minutes the three hours I was there and we were doing a xmas party for poor little kids in a day care center. It had bullet proof glass and there was slugs stuck in window all over.

I also lived in the Bronx back in the day when the Bronx was burning.The crack heads would stripped the coo per out of building while you slept and you wake up with no hear or hot water.

Yea you dont enforce laws it is crazy. My sister's old neighborhood you locked yourself in every night. Once night at around 8pm some women is running through halls yelling he is going to kill me and banging on doors. My brother in law tells his wife go in bedroom and hide behind matress. He looks out peephole just as women bangs on his door and sees her face to face as she gets a bullet in her back and he called 911 and they removed the body.

Walter Whites of the world are in hiding today. With no zoning rules the RV is cooking in driveway and drug deals being down in neighborhood.

It will go back to my old neighborhoods where the Pimps settle up with Hos right on street and cars lined up block of folks getting BJs. Condoms and Needles all over. It was pretty yicky. I aint going back. Manhattan, Brooklyn and even the Bronx are all nice as folks enforce the laws and zoning rules
I grew up in the Detroit area I know were you are comming from, Detroit use to be called murder city. But my point is you will never know were a crackhouse or a brothel house is nowadays. Hell there are suburban prostitutes working out of their home that are married and have kids.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:48 PM

3,313 posts, read 4,297,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Just sayin'.......
Unfortunately not always the case. HOA can put a lien for unpaid HOA balance, but if people have a mortgage there is very little HOA can do. We see it happening in our community when people live basically for free and there is nothing HOA can do about it...

Old 02-19-2015, 11:02 AM

25,851 posts, read 39,055,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Unfortunately not always the case. HOA can put a lien for unpaid HOA balance, but if people have a mortgage there is very little HOA can do. We see it happening in our community when people live basically for free and there is nothing HOA can do about it...
It is who files for foreclosure the first...HOA's can have been foreclosing on home owners with a mortgage as well. The lien has to be $ 1000 or higher to be able to do so.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is who files for foreclosure the first...HOA's can have been foreclosing on home owners with a mortgage as well. The lien has to be $ 1000 or higher to be able to do so.
How can a HOA file for a foreclosure on a home that a bank holds the mortgage. The bank is the only one who can file a forclosure since they own the house. Man these HOA 'S here think they are god and can do what in the hell they want.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:23 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,611,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
How can a HOA file for a foreclosure on a home that a bank holds the mortgage. The bank is the only one who can file a forclosure since they own the house. Man these HOA 'S here think they are god and can do what in the hell they want.
You have no idea how much power they give themselves....

Old 02-19-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
You have no idea how much power they give themselves....
I guess they think they are above the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay