Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 10:06 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,835,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I think so. Orlando is more touristy and family oriented with the whole theme park deal. Miami-Dade/Broward is more flashy with the beaches and money. Sadly, Tampa has done nothing to put itself on the map nationally and has only relied on word of mouth really.

Jacksonville is just South Georgia. Nobody really cares about it.

That is ridiculous. Jax is what FL really is. Most other large cities in FL are filled with transplants with no identity or sense of community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Perhaps I should have been more specific.

Nobody in Florida outside of Jacksonville cares about Jacksonville. Please, annex that crap hole out of our state.

Why is it a crap hole? Have you been to Miami? I guarantee Miami would get annexed WAAAAY before Jax would if up to FL residents!

Old 03-05-2015, 10:31 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,975,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Why is it a crap hole? Have you been to Miami? I guarantee Miami would get annexed WAAAAY before Jax would if up to FL residents!
Lets see which city brings in more money and then we'll put it to a vote.

Quote:
That is ridiculous. Jax is what FL really is. Most other large cities in FL are filled with transplants with no identity or sense of community.
Yeah! When I think "Florida," I think Jacksonville. Nothing screams "Florida" quite like Jacksonville. Thankfully Tampa has no sense of identity. It would be really awkward if we had something like Ybor City or West Tampa. It'd be even more awkward if there was a piece of land in Tampa that was owned by the Cuban government. I can't even imagine what would happen if there were people here who are descendants to the original Cubans who populated this city. Imagine what Tampa would be like if we invented the Cuban sandwich.

Thankfully we have a city as rich in culture as Jacksonville to tie this state together.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Lets see which city brings in more money and then we'll put it to a vote.

Yeah! When I think "Florida," I think Jacksonville. Nothing screams "Florida" quite like Jacksonville. Thankfully Tampa has no sense of identity. It would be really awkward if we had something like Ybor City or West Tampa. It'd be even more awkward if there was a piece of land in Tampa that was owned by the Cuban government. I can't even imagine what would happen if there were people here who are descendants to the original Cubans who populated this city. Imagine what Tampa would be like if we invented the Cuban sandwich.

Thankfully we have a city as rich in culture as Jacksonville to tie this state together.
Brings in more money? Is this via jobs and economy or is this mortgage and insurance fraud? Or is it illegal/drug money? Is that how we have decide which is more like FL? Would you honestly suggest someone make a move to Miami?

When does culture make a place great or better? Ybor City and West Tampa? I dont think I've ever heard anyone even mention West Tampa. Is that like on the opposite side of East Tampa?

Oh wait, Cuban sandwiches... you got me... Tampa wins this debate, easily.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:48 PM

What city do you think of when you think of FL?

Old 03-06-2015, 10:52 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,975,559 times
Quote:
Oh wait, Cuban sandwiches... you got me... Tampa wins this debate, easily.
Outside of having consistently one of the worst sports teams in America, what is Jacksonville known for?

Old 03-06-2015, 11:04 PM

having a slightly better winning percentage than Tampa sports teams?

guns, conservatives and lifted trucks. can i get an Amen?

Old 05-21-2015, 02:27 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,234,143 times
Los Angeles possibility as 2020 Super Bowl host

I know that many don't consider Tampa worthy of the "city" label, but the NFL does - thinking about bring the Super Bowl back again. Tampa is a finalist.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:57 PM

745 posts, read 1,574,740 times
I would never even think of visiting Jacksonville. I just don't care about it, never have, and I'm with the other guy who said most people don't care about it either. Florida is Orlando, Tampa Bay, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and Key West. I'd even put Naples and Fort Myers ahead of Jacksonville.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:48 AM

161 posts, read 272,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Los Angeles possibility as 2020 Super Bowl host

I know that many don't consider Tampa worthy of the "city" label, but the NFL does - thinking about bring the Super Bowl back again. Tampa is a finalist.
Tampa is a finalist ONLY because it is a warm weather city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay