U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 02:47 AM

350 posts, read 253,018 times

Advertisements

Posted on school district website...."Employment Updates... Apply Now before the March 16th Early Application Deadline to secure a contract for the 2015-16 school year. Hillsborough County Public Schools is hiring teachers in all subject areas and has a high need for special education, math and science teachers".

Last edited by indytoflgirl; 02-25-2015 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: wrong date given earlier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 08:59 AM

729 posts, read 1,300,772 times
I've already put in my application. I was told I'd have no problem getting a job since I am special education. My only concern is going to getting in early interviews since I am still in the DC area until the end of June.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:17 PM

350 posts, read 253,018 times
jzcrandall, you might want to call the employment office to talk with them about that...maybe a quick flight down???

Old 02-25-2015, 06:45 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
3,562 posts, read 3,668,473 times
The "Early Application Deadline" is most likely for applications to attend the hiring fair they conduct the first week of June. This is an invitation only event that is only open to those who have been pre-screened and are already processed and ready to hire.

I say that because despite the limited amount of information on the HR web site it's the way they've done it for years. It would typically work like this:

Hiring will be frozen after March 16th. In April and May there will be a transfer period open to current staff. This allows them to interview for openings and transfer to those openings at the beginning of the next school year.

The hiring fair is a two day event, sometimes more, divided up between disciplines and elementary/middle/high school and magnet schools (magnet has their own hiring process.) In past years there has been a day for Renaissance schools. Don't know what that is? Look it up on the District's web site. People who have gotten their applications in by the cutoff date (March 16th?) can interview and be hired on the spot at these events. No outsiders are allowed.

Hiring continues to be frozen until after the 20th day of the new school year, when enrollments are established and the District know how many "cheeks in the seats" they'll have for the year. At that point instructional units are adjusted. Openings are offered first to existing employees who were displaced by units being dropped or moved. Those who don't get a position go into the instructional pool and get dibs on openings at that point based on seniority. If they turn a position down, it's offered to the next person in the line.

Then, and only then, is outside hiring allowed.

Unless they have started a radical new process this year that's how it works. In other words, if you want to be assured of a job in the fall, you better get your application and supporting documentation in to HR BEFORE March 16th.

RM

Old 02-25-2015, 08:28 PM

180 posts, read 334,275 times
I never see anything for school nurses. Where on the site, or what catagory is it if I want to search for that?
Thanks

Old 02-25-2015, 08:40 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
3,562 posts, read 3,668,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didi768 View Post
I never see anything for school nurses. Where on the site, or what catagory is it if I want to search for that?
Thanks
You're not looking in the right place. Go to this web page:

https://www2.sdhc.k12.fl.us/employment/search/

Click on the "Support Postings" tab.

Go to the "Search by Support Job Title" and click on it to drop the selection list down. Scroll down the list then click on the nursing position you're interested in. Then click the "Go" button to the right of the "Position A-Z" selection.

I just looked and they have positions for Nurse-Staff, Nurse-Licensed Practical, and Nurse-Advanced Registered Practitioner.

A good friend used to be a nursing supervisor for the District and she was always trying to fill positions.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or