Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 7,864 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Tampa Bay area and I was hoping any locals might know of a really creative, fun, young, hip, ecentric, and liberal neighborhood for me to move to.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,348,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninapayan View Post
I am moving to the Tampa Bay area and I was hoping any locals might know of a really creative, fun, young, hip, ecentric, and liberal neighborhood for me to move to.
Thanks!
creative, fun, young, hip, ecentric and liberal...im not sure you can find all those in one neighborhood specifically, but you may try downtown St Pete; or channelside/ybor/soho areas near downtown Tampa. As the Downtown Tampa Core (where the skyscrapers are)becomes more residential, you may see what your looking for within the next 5 years.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:03 AM

849 posts, read 3,515,188 times
Default Sarasota???

no comment
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
creative, fun, young, hip, ecentric and liberal...im not sure you can find all those in one neighborhood specifically, but you may try downtown St Pete; or channelside/ybor/soho areas near downtown Tampa. As the Downtown Tampa Core (where the skyscrapers are)becomes more residential, you may see what your looking for within the next 5 years.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:19 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,874,166 times
I am in no way an expert, but I remember driving through downtown and across from one of the museums there was a modern looking building being built, that said "live in Tampa's art district". It seemed the condos were starting at a very reasonable price.
Also, typically in the areas around universities you may find young, liberal, artistic neighborhoods? You may want to see if this is the case in Tampa.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:06 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,348,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
I am in no way an expert, but I remember driving through downtown and across from one of the museums there was a modern looking building being built, that said "live in Tampa's art district". It seemed the condos were starting at a very reasonable price.
Also, typically in the areas around universities you may find young, liberal, artistic neighborhoods? You may want to see if this is the case in Tampa.
around USF..no, around University of Tampa, that would be downtown/Hyde Park area.
Skypoint is the new residential building downtown across from the Museum of Art and Curits Hixon Park, Element is the newest residential tower being built adjacent to Skypiont, and there are a few more(Art Center Lofts, Residences on Franklin, The Arlington...).

Check this site for more of downtown Tampa living, and the neighborhoods in downtown Tampa, in about 5 years it will be a totally different place.

Hi Life Tampa - Home

Old 01-11-2008, 11:30 AM

849 posts, read 3,515,188 times
Cool $$$$$$$

think Element is starting around 300K. into the mils. more yippie than artsy. around UT but beware da projects. some of the worst Tampa has to offer. Closer into Hyde Park is safer.
Lofts are selling a lifestyle to wannabes not authentic working artists.

Just thought about Gulfport, south of St. Pete but more small town than urban. Still st. Pete has the DAli museum and a more general art museum. Lots of arts festivals this side of the Bay. Good venues for artists to sell. Lots of galleries and an easy ride over the Sunshine Skyway to Sarasota which has tons of art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
around USF..no, around University of Tampa, that would be downtown/Hyde Park area.
Skypoint is the new residential building downtown across from the Museum of Art and Curits Hixon Park, Element is the newest residential tower being built adjacent to Skypiont, and there are a few more(Art Center Lofts, Residences on Franklin, The Arlington...).

Check this site for more of downtown Tampa living, and the neighborhoods in downtown Tampa, in about 5 years it will be a totally different place.

Hi Life Tampa - Home

Old 01-21-2008, 11:44 AM

20 posts, read 79,754 times
Hyde Park is the place your looking for!! Not Ybor! Downtown St. Pete is more laid back but has a vibrant younger scene also! Dunedin is artsy but laid back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay