Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2015, 09:17 AM

30 posts, read 90,308 times

Advertisements

Hi all. We are planning to move to Tampa Bay area from NH and like what we saw about Fishhawk Ranch. It is more expensive compare to other areas. But I think with its great school system, it would be perfect neighborhood for us as we have school age kids (10 & 6). And both my wife and I can work from home. I'm doing some planing and cost analysis and would greatly appreciate any info and comment you provide
  1. Home insurance - How much it would cost to insure a $300K house (new or existing house less than 10-year old, ~2200-2800sqf) in Fishhawk Ranch. I know there are many factors and hard to get the exact accurate number, but can some one give me the ball park or let me know what are you paying for your house.
  2. Fishhawk Amenities - Are all amenities provided to all residents as part of CDD fee. Is there any extra or hidden cost to access any part of the facilities?
  3. Looks like owners from phase 1 & 2 are paying about $1200/year in CDD while phase 3 paying $2200-2800/year. What's in phase 3? why it's much more expensive?
  4. Am I correct to assume property tax is ~$5000/year on a $300K house?
  5. What's the everage yearly utility cost (electric/gas/water/sewer/trash) for a 4br , ~2500sqf house ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 10:11 AM

369 posts, read 840,288 times
Default Homes

If you have some addresses of the homes for sale that you like, you can check out what their property taxes are online. Also, check and see if the homes require flood insurance. You can call an agent and see what the homeowners insurance cost is too.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:47 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,578,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkn View Post
Hi all. We are planning to move to Tampa Bay area from NH and like what we saw about Fishhawk Ranch. It is more expensive compare to other areas. But I think with its great school system, it would be perfect neighborhood for us as we have school age kids (10 & 6). And both my wife and I can work from home. I'm doing some planing and cost analysis and would greatly appreciate any info and comment you provide
  1. Home insurance - How much it would cost to insure a $300K house (new or existing house less than 10-year old, ~2200-2800sqf) in Fishhawk Ranch. I know there are many factors and hard to get the exact accurate number, but can some one give me the ball park or let me know what are you paying for your house.
  2. Fishhawk Amenities - Are all amenities provided to all residents as part of CDD fee. Is there any extra or hidden cost to access any part of the facilities?
  3. Looks like owners from phase 1 & 2 are paying about $1200/year in CDD while phase 3 paying $2200-2800/year. What's in phase 3? why it's much more expensive?
  5. What's the everage yearly utility cost (electric/gas/water/sewer/trash) for a 4br , ~2500sqf house ?
The more expensive part of the CDD could be a golf course. The membership to a country club is also extra. There is an HOA most likely there as well. Extra fee.

To calculate how much utilities cost is hard because you may want to keep the AC on 70 degrees which will cost more than if you kept it at 78...we don't know how many showers and baths you like to take either...watering your lawn there could be the same water as your faucet which means a much higher water bill if you water often. The AGE of the AC unit is also a factor in your electric bill along with how many electronics and appliances you have.

As far as taxes, you can check online if you already saw a property you like. You can see what was paid before, or last in taxes. That depends on the sale price too.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:30 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,225,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkn View Post
a lot of your questions have been addressed on this forum in other threads over the years (ie utilities) - might find the information you're looking for using search.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:31 AM

5,904 posts, read 7,234,537 times
You need to speak to a realtor if you're looking at a home in FHR or go to the Welcome Center where they can explain the different areas and which one has access to the various amenities.

It's pretty convoluted from what I've seen, and there seems to be a bit of angst over who gets to do what and where.

Understand that while FHR is a very nice area, there is a definitive caste system that reflects what area you live in. It's especially visible in the schools, where kids will refer to those who live in the oldest section as being "ghetto".

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay