U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 11:37 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,366,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
...I don't even feed birds but I do have water for them, nothing they require but it draws them down to the window and doesn't give them diabetes and also I plant vigorously for them including stuff that berries in the winter...
About an hour after writing that I was walking past window when I noticed this guy soaking his feet. Had camera right there so snapped this through the glass....

Old 03-22-2015, 12:10 PM

4,589 posts, read 3,654,731 times
Quote:
3,000 ft away from University Mall is the James A Haley Veteran's Hospital.
5,000 ft away is the Moffit Cancer Center
4,000 ft away is the Research and Innovation Park
2,800 ft away is the University of South Florida
9,500 ft away is MOSI
9,500 ft away is Florida Hospital
4,200 ft away is Shriner's Hospital for Children
New University Mall owner: Site has 'potential for everything' - Tampa Bay Business Journal
Jan 9, 2015
RD Management bought the mall in December, as the Tampa Bay Business Journal was first to report. Principal Richard Birdoff told TBBJ at closing that he envisions a mix of uses on the site. A conceptual site plan for the property shows office and student housing on the site as well as a fitness club and warehouse store.

Hirschhorn said the group is still in the planning stages of the redevelopment, but he said there will likely always be a mall component. It's the first enclosed mall RD Management has acquired in recent years, and while it's converted the others into open-air centers, Hirschhorn doesn't see that happening here.

He said retail, hospitality, restaurant and educational components as well as office space could be in the plan.

All these amenities mean nothing when surrounded by riff raff! Clean the darn riff raff, THEN expand.

It is both unfortunate and sad that all those institutions ended up being in such a bad area, and nobody cares to clean up that area.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:38 PM

How unsurprising that the short sighted often seem so small minded.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:31 PM

2,827 posts, read 2,539,577 times
Quote:
How unsurprising that the short sighted often seem so small minded.
Please... enlighten us on how you expect that plan for University Mall to come to fruition with that boondoggle of a neighborhood immediately surrounding them. Nobody with money to burn is going to want to put up with the type of people that walk or bike to that mall every day.

The truth hurts.

It's like putting that new biggest mall in the country that they are going to build in Miami smack dab in the middle of Liberty City. But oh, not building it there would be shortsighted. OK!

Old 03-22-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Please... enlighten us on how you expect that plan for University Mall to come to fruition with that boondoggle of a neighborhood immediately surrounding them. Nobody with money to burn is going to want to put up with the type of people that walk or bike to that mall every day.

The truth hurts.

It's like putting that new biggest mall in the country that they are going to build in Miami smack dab in the middle of Liberty City. But oh, not building it there would be shortsighted. OK!

I've actually been involved for many years with urban renewal and we were so successful that we went from an area with a reputation for being cracktown to getting a write up on the front page of the New York Times (below the fold but front page nonetheless) and we didn't start with nearly the resources that this area has.

I haven't done my homework on this particular site but then I'm not invested there. I'd imagine the owner Richard Birdoff who's reportedly invested some $30 million so far must have done his homework. Or maybe he merely consulted the rantings of random internet people before putting his money down. You should call him. I'm sure he'd be delighted to chat with you. His company owns or manages 18,000,000 square feet of retail space, but probably you know their business better than they do, so we all look forward to your reporting back to us the details of your meeting. Lots of luck with that.

RD Management LLC *|* About
RD Management has over 30 years experience, and is consistently ranked among the nation's largest privately held real estate development and management organizations.

RD Management's portfolio consists of over 200 premium properties. We attract high profile national tenants such as Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, TJ Maxx, Sams, Kmart, Sears and JC Penney.

RD Management maintains a diversified organization with in-house expertise in leasing, construction and development, operations/property management, finance, accounting, legal, marketing, retail analysis and information technology.

RD Management has a strong track record of continually enhancing the value of its properties through hands-on management, renovation, re-tenanting and expansion.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:24 AM

4,589 posts, read 3,654,731 times
Quote:
I've actually been involved for many years with urban renewal and we were so successful that we went from an area with a reputation for being cracktown to getting a write up on the front page of the New York Times (below the fold but front page nonetheless) and we didn't start with nearly the resources that this area has.

I haven't done my homework on this particular site but then I'm not invested there. I'd imagine the owner Richard Birdoff who's reportedly invested some $30 million so far must have done his homework. Or maybe he merely consulted the rantings of random internet people before putting his money down. You should call him. I'm sure he'd be delighted to chat with you. His company owns or manages 18,000,000 square feet of retail space, but probably you know their business better than they do, so we all look forward to your reporting back to us the details of your meeting. Lots of luck with that.

RD Management LLC *|* About
RD Management has over 30 years experience, and is consistently ranked among the nation's largest privately held real estate development and management organizations.

RD Management's portfolio consists of over 200 premium properties. We attract high profile national tenants such as Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, TJ Maxx, Sams, Kmart, Sears and JC Penney.

RD Management maintains a diversified organization with in-house expertise in leasing, construction and development, operations/property management, finance, accounting, legal, marketing, retail analysis and information technology.

RD Management has a strong track record of continually enhancing the value of its properties through hands-on management, renovation, re-tenanting and expansion.
Those "tenants" are those who cater to those who cannot afford anything else.
Have you walked into one of those stores? Have you walked around that area? We drove through it a few times and OMG..."Cracktown" is a compliment.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:23 AM

2,827 posts, read 2,539,577 times
Quote:
I don't need to meet with him. Perhaps his analysts should have done a better job of researching the demographic. Maybe I should just send these reviews to him?

University Mall - Shopping Centers

For anyone needing a laugh today, browse through the reviews. Pure comedy gold.

BUT HEY, maybe Wal*Mart and JC Penny will help clear up the area!

I eagerly await your rebuttle, housingcrashsurvivor.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I don't...research...
Yelp, huh? lol. What a joke! As we look forward to see where you put your spare $30 million.

Last edited by housingcrashsurvivor; 03-23-2015 at 10:58 AM..

Old 03-23-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
...We..."Cracktown"...
yawn

Old 03-23-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
University mall is so horrible, any white person is afraid to go around that mall... Cars are getting stolen from the parking lot (happened to us before, LOL)... And sadly I see more of these ghetto traveling to Wiregrass mall.... It's said. Good luck trying to bring University mall to life!

Oh, and back to main topic... Now people should stop complaining about ugly fences around ponds
Your statement couldn't be more blatantly racist. I'd love for you to say that directly to a black person instead of cowardly typing it from the safety of your keyboard. Oh, and when you call an African American "ghetto" to their face, please youtube that for us.

"Cars are getting stolen from the parking lot", huh? Do you enjoy being so wrong all the time to continually mischaracterize an entire race of people or an area of Tampa. What pleasure does being bigoted give you? Do you feel so lowly about yourself that the only way you have to create the illusion for yourself of some sort of feigned superiority is by trying to put others down. You haven't the standing to patronize. You've never exhibited the intelligence. You certainly haven't the heart to empathize. Just because you see your words on the internet doesn't mean they say anything. How pathetic are your fictional statements? Let's have a look at the facts as shown by the stats....

Here's current crime in general....

University Mall all crime all of 2015

Similar sized area of Greater Carrollwood (site randomly selected where town is labeled on map) all crime for all of 2015

Town & Country (same site selection criteria) all crime all of 2015

And to your AAA absolutely absurd auto theft comment, here's...

University Mall only thefts (county section probably includes auto theft though county doesn't specify) for all of 2014

Incorporated Tampa area near U Mall only auto theft crimes all of 2014

Hyde Park auto theft crimes all of 2014

South Tampa auto theft crimes all of 2014

Saint Petersburg auto theft crimes all of 2014

White St Pete auto theft crimes all of 2014

So according to the stats, the facts which do not seem to concur with your racist fiction, you should do all your shopping in St. Pete, the small white section where you'll be comfy. Only you might want to park your car first up at University Mall just to be safe. Don't forget to make your racist comments to all the black people you see. And please don't forget to youtube that for us. Everyone likes a good laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay