Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 07:50 PM

239 posts, read 326,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Originally Posted by InGateway

He makes a racial remark and he's still here posting?????????
You're more than likely racist also and last I checked we were in the USA, not a communist country. To forbid me of my right to speak is not very American you do know. Many people who think they aren't racist like you are the biggest ones... sadly. Look in the mirror before you judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post

The thing that a lot of people miss is that you dont know if race is an issue, if you are not of that particular race, you can have an idea but certainly no ground to say race is not an issue. What we have in Tampa is what you have in most places is economic segregation, income and race have the usual correlation which is what you see in upper middle class neighborhoods, to me you see the melting pot effect in places like Brandon which are lower middle class and you really have all races is those income brackets also lots of military which also helps the mix. I know a lot of white lower income people who live in places like NPR, Holiday who complain about an influx of black people in their neighborhood, which is an effect of the gentrification of ST Pete and rents going up in what use to be working class neighborhoods.
You're actually right retiredcop, most of this is a class war. I just think blacks have been reduced to where they are not at their best and are confined to ghettos so not many want to go around them, even me but I know you can just as easily go to Lealman and find a craphole too like on 54th Ave N or even find some slums in N St Pete near some of the nicer parts. I just think if people mean something a certain way they should say it.. its clear as day Family Dollars and beauty shops, cash checking centers are where blacks mostly go. I find this board has a lot of hidden racism.

But ya the issues at large are the ones I always talk about when I am being cynical. I talk about the economy, I talk about the yuppies moving in and whether its the long term place for me or not.. so ya not everything is a race issue. Just as many people in my own race make me upset too. If I leave St pete, it wouldnt be because of the blacks, I just say how if I see what "could" be thug blacks ya, I would cross the street or cross the court until its proven to me they arent or show me they arent out to make trouble. I have a recent story as well but wont say it all here. private message me.

You know of Uhuru? From what I hear many of the group members are better off than the average black or their videos can be found.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:09 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,839 times
There are people on here if you don't agree with them then they want to censor you. Like I said before you may say certain things differently but the point is still made. There have been plenty of times that I have disagreed with a viewpoint but never once did I ask to censor nor remove a member!!

Old 03-29-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
There are people on here if you don't agree with them then they want to censor you. Like I said before you may say certain things differently but the point is still made. There have been plenty of times that I have disagreed with a viewpoint but never once did I ask to censor nor remove a member!!
Ya and it shows some sort of character flaw about the person if they have to censor someone.

And its true thats how it should be. I never believed in removing anyone or all that nonsense!

Old 04-03-2015, 04:54 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,224,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InGateway View Post
You're more than likely racist also and last I checked we were in the USA, not a communist country. To forbid me of my right to speak is not very American you do know. Many people who think they aren't racist like you are the biggest ones... sadly. Look in the mirror before you judge.
Last time I checked, CD is privately owned and has the right to "censor" or delete any post they wish. The TOS is posted everywhere on the site - you'd have to be blind to miss it.

IMO, CD in general is very, very lenient about about allowing dog-whistle racial discussions. Some sub-section Mods will pull it immediately but some will allow it up up to the point where I wonder if I'm really on CD, but I think that's more of a reflection of the posters they're trying to moderate than the Mods themselves. They can't be everywhere at once.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:29 AM

Race is the third rail. You just cant touch it. However to use race as an overall context in a legitimate discussion on an issue I think is fair game. Then to have certain people complain because they cant handle the fact that an honest discussion is taking place is bringing pc to another level. Yeah saying a racial slur I totally understand it being pulled. Its sad that in todays world that people get offended by everything. Its also sad that if you have freedom of speech as long as you agree with someones ideology but the second you disagree then you are labeled and censored.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:02 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,224,561 times
Quote:
Race is the third rail. You just cant touch it. However to use race as an overall context in a legitimate discussion on an issue I think is fair game. Then to have certain people complain because they cant handle the fact that an honest discussion is taking place is bringing pc to another level. Yeah saying a racial slur I totally understand it being pulled. Its sad that in todays world that people get offended by everything. Its also sad that if you have freedom of speech as long as you agree with someones ideology but the second you disagree then you are labeled and censored.
What part of CD being privately owned don't you understand? There's nothing in the Constitution that states anyone has the right to freedom of speech on City Data. Their site, their rules. It's no different than someone going on some rah-rah cop website and breaking THEIR TOS by posting over and over and over that cops are in actuality nothing more than corporate owned, psychopathic goon squads. You don't think that person would be censored and banned?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
What part of CD being privately owned don't you understand? There's nothing in the Constitution that states anyone has the right to freedom of speech on City Data. Their site, their rules. It's no different than someone going on some rah-rah cop website and breaking THEIR TOS by posting over and over and over that cops are in actuality nothing more than corporate owned, psychopathic goon squads. You don't think that person would be censored and banned?
I actually 100% understand. So TY for your lecture. I now feel enlightened. Like you said there is not freedom of speech on citi data. PS go on some cop site and say whatever you like. Unlike yourself I have been called every messed up name in the book and had to take it. Why? Because I was there to protect your freedom of speech!!!

Old 04-03-2015, 05:01 PM

Ya its all a damn shame.. and while this is a private site you are aware vaughnwilliams that a lot of the sites are doing it now. Very few grant full freedom of speech. Its as if theres a conspiracy and those same people (oh wait should I keep quiet about it?) who run the world and major entertainment media outlets are behind many of the websites on the www... not all but its safe to say most of the sites are controlled by this very force. So I no longer call it private as nobody technically can do whatever they want and are all by the balls of this group controlling them all, and they have their willing moderators all so willing to go along and that is why they stay in business as well as this corrupt system we're in.

Now that I got that cleared up, how about we get back to the original topic? What is the easiest way to figure out where the bad areas of St Pete are? And for now my answer is drive around some and you'll figure it out as you go, just like I have done. Personally outside of the beach areas or some pockets of downtown, St Pete can be rather disappointing overall. Or lets just say its the best place to visit, not try to build something. You can try but how far will you get? you may need to know people with some clout in the area. St Pete I am beginning to think was a better city back in 2008 than it is now though or had a more undiscovered unique feel. Its as if Sundial didn't control the whole area and the little people did more so.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:30 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InGateway View Post
Ya its all a damn shame.. and while this is a private site you are aware vaughnwilliams that a lot of the sites are doing it now. Very few grant full freedom of speech. Its as if theres a conspiracy and those same people (oh wait should I keep quiet about it?) who run the world and major entertainment media outlets are behind many of the websites on the www... not all but its safe to say most of the sites are controlled by this very force. So I no longer call it private as nobody technically can do whatever they want and are all by the balls of this group controlling them all, and they have their willing moderators all so willing to go along and that is why they stay in business as well as this corrupt system we're in.

Now that I got that cleared up, how about we get back to the original topic? What is the easiest way to figure out where the bad areas of St Pete are? And for now my answer is drive around some and you'll figure it out as you go, just like I have done. Personally outside of the beach areas or some pockets of downtown, St Pete can be rather disappointing overall. Or lets just say its the best place to visit, not try to build something. You can try but how far will you get? you may need to know people with some clout in the area. St Pete I am beginning to think was a better city back in 2008 than it is now though or had a more undiscovered unique feel. Its as if Sundial didn't control the whole area and the little people did more so.
Is that that you struggle with the concept of rules? sites have rules, society has societal norms that define proper behavior for members of that society, thankfully in 2015 one of those norms is that we do not believe that all members of a race possess characteristics specific to that race (the definition of RACISM). So when you say "blacks are undesirable" you are acting outside of those norms, breaking the social contract sort of speak, it has nothing to do with free speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay