Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 06:56 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson View Post
^ We can see through ignorance as well...
Exactly and many people don't want to deal with reality and just want think they over pay. The great thing is they don't need to hire a realtor and do it themselves and I wish them good luck as many properties on the market and pending right now will be a shock to some buyers and some will know upfront that they are buying a house that is overpriced with defects and that is fine... I'm just sad for the ones who are buying and then find out the REO is a sinkhole home and there are plenty that I'm following to see what will happen.

Like in every field... people are free to take a risk but don't whine afterwards if it isn't as you expect.

The court rooms are filled with dumb people suing for cars they bought on Craigslist to save money and then dealing with a lemon without any warranty and believing a judge will give their money back and blaming others for the bad thing that happened to them instead of paying more for a car with warranty at a place that has a better reputation but you pay more.

We never bought a car from a private person since we know we don't have the experience to judge if the car is good other then to look and drive it and judge it by the cover so to say.

Therefore we probably pay a little bit more and go to a dealer to buy a car with warranty (never bought a new car) since we don't want to be stupid and end up losing money and pay a little bit more for expert help and some kind of guarantee to deal with experts.

As I said... free country and people can choose to do it themselves and I hope they get a great deal and a property in the condition they expect it to be

Old 04-14-2015, 07:09 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,201,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Exactly and many people don't want to deal with reality and just want think they over pay. The great thing is they don't need to hire a realtor and do it themselves and I wish them good luck as many properties on the market and pending right now will be a shock to some buyers and some will know upfront that they are buying a house that is overpriced with defects and that is fine... I'm just sad for the ones who are buying and then find out the REO is a sinkhole home and there are plenty that I'm following to see what will happen.

Like in every field... people are free to take a risk but don't whine afterwards if it isn't as you expect.

The court rooms are filled with dumb people suing for cars they bought on Craigslist to save money and then dealing with a lemon without any warranty and believing a judge will give their money back and blaming others for the bad thing that happened to them instead of paying more for a car with warranty at a place that has a better reputation but you pay more.

We never bought a car from a private person since we know we don't have the experience to judge if the car is good other then to look and drive it and judge it by the cover so to say.

Therefore we probably pay a little bit more and go to a dealer to buy a car with warranty (never bought a new car) since we don't want to be stupid and end up losing money and pay a little bit more for expert help and some kind of guarantee to deal with experts.

As I said... free country and people can choose to do it themselves and I hope they get a great deal and a property in the condition they expect it to be
I think you are arguing the wrong argument. You claimed that you had several housing transition by yourself and then decided to be a realtor. The point you are missing is that there are people like you () who could actually get a license and be a realtor just like you, if they want to. But they are just doing their transaction. No problem with that. There are a few people that are capable of doing this. No question about it. There are lot more people who would benefit from realtor. There are quite lousy realtors too probably most people can do without. So, I don't see why you are working overtime trying to defend the whole profession. If a realtor is great, people will come in. Just chilax!

Old 04-14-2015, 07:14 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quick question: selling home from one family member to another. Cash deal. Home paid for clear and clear. Who/what is the best/most reliable agency to get this done at least expensive manner? Can you just go to a title company and get it done? Will a real estate agent want his/her full commission without doing any kind of listing/work typical of a sale. Does a real estate atty complete the transaction documentation?

Where to go? Trying to get this done without the added 6% commission.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:50 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Quick question: selling home from one family member to another. Cash deal. Home paid for clear and clear. Who/what is the best/most reliable agency to get this done at least expensive manner? Can you just go to a title company and get it done? Will a real estate agent want his/her full commission without doing any kind of listing/work typical of a sale. Does a real estate atty complete the transaction documentation?

It could be done with title agency with or without real estate attorney (they want around $500 for contact). Just call and tell them you basically want to do FSBO transaction. Don't even get involved with a realtor in your case, it's like flashing your money. Call title agency instead and they will guide you through the process and you will not spend a penny on any commissions.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:53 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
Your statement is ridiculous. I've not the time to go into it now but I will respond in depth later.
Are you trying to argue what current market reminds ME personally? Good luck with that!

Old 04-14-2015, 08:32 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,332,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Are you trying to argue what current market reminds ME personally? Good luck with that!
You had stated that

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
^^^
This is actually a mirror of 2005-2006 time frame and great example why not to buy now!
Your statement was wrong. I showed you why your statement was incorrect. That you would now try to pass off what you previously said as being "actually a mirror of 2005-2006 time frame" into "what the current market reminds me personally" is nothing but subterfuge typical of a pathological liar. Say hi to Algia.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:27 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,399 times
Quote:

There are real estate attorneys that have close relationships with title companies, sometimes their offices are in the same building complex.

We used one in St. Pete when we bought FSBO and it went super smooth.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:35 AM

Quote:

Hire an attorney.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
There are real estate attorneys that have close relationships with title companies, sometimes their offices are in the same building complex.

We used one in St. Pete when we bought FSBO and it went super smooth.
As far as I'm aware all title companies are owned or have a real estate lawyer in charge.

But check out the bar association for issues with a layer as there are the ones who have been reprimanded. They have a list of names and some are not disclosing the full relationship.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
I think you are arguing the wrong argument. You claimed that you had several housing transition by yourself and then decided to be a realtor. The point you are missing is that there are people like you () who could actually get a license and be a realtor just like you, if they want to. But they are just doing their transaction. No problem with that. There are a few people that are capable of doing this. No question about it. There are lot more people who would benefit from realtor. There are quite lousy realtors too probably most people can do without. So, I don't see why you are working overtime trying to defend the whole profession. If a realtor is great, people will come in. Just chilax!
I didn't get my license to do my own transactions and agents doing so have to buy and sell a lot to make it worth it.

We got into the business since we felt we could whine and complain or step in and see if we can make a little tiny change and we feel we did as we let go of some of the agents at the office that were more a liability and bad for business and most of them don't have a license now which btw has nothing to do with us.

Most agents who are not doing much have their license with offices that only care about a monthly fee and they don't care if the agents sell or not since the monthly fee will come in. When an agent like that is trying to help a client they are nothing other then a licensed person without experience.

Many new agents with support are very good and better then the ones who were in the business and just wrote a contract when homes were selling so fast and nothing else was needed than write up an offer.

In today's business it is not like that anymore and agents who get deals done have to work hard to get it done.

Of course there are offices where one agent gets the listing and then the next person in the office handles the next step , etc.... we all handle it from start to finish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay