Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 02:28 PM

62 posts, read 98,016 times

Advertisements

Hey folks,

The search continues for finding that perfect waterfront home that's still affordable. And I've just recently learned about the Rocky Point area. Is this a decent, safe area for a young single professional?

More specifically, these Marina Club townhouse condos (2424 W. Tampa Bay Blvd.) almost seem too good to be true!!!

Does anybody have any first hand knowledge??? Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 07:57 AM

440 posts, read 595,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL4ME View Post
Hey folks,

The search continues for finding that perfect waterfront home that's still affordable. And I've just recently learned about the Rocky Point area. Is this a decent, safe area for a young single professional?

More specifically, these Marina Club townhouse condos (2424 W. Tampa Bay Blvd.) almost seem too good to be true!!!

Does anybody have any first hand knowledge??? Thx!

Plugging that address into google maps is not leading me into Rocky Point. I live in Rocky Point and know the area. If you're looking to rent, try Post Rocky Point apartments, that's where i live and there are alot of single young good looking professionals making it easy to make friends. I am also a young single professional and i find it a very exciting and safe area to live in. Plus the property is located right on the bay making for beautiful sunsets and easy access to fishing, and they have their own docks if you have a boat.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:28 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
Beacher23 is correct. The Rocky Point area is very nice for the most part and convenient to the airport, shopping mall, downtown Tampa, easy access to Clearwater Beaches, etc.

The address you posted is on the Hillsborough River and it appears to be vacant and for sale.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...7_M55144-94034

Old 04-05-2015, 11:17 PM

Excellent info...thx! I'd prefer to buy, but that description of Post Rocky Point sounds perfect!!!

Old 04-05-2015, 11:20 PM

Just found this:

Post Bay/Post Post Point at Rocky Point Apts?

Serious bug problems @ Post Rocky Point...true or false?!

Old 04-06-2015, 09:07 AM

440 posts, read 595,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL4ME View Post
Just found this:

Post Bay/Post Post Point at Rocky Point Apts?

Serious bug problems @ Post Rocky Point...true or false?!
I wouldn't say serious bug problems. I live on the 3rd floor and occasionally get a palmetto bug or silverfish but that's about it. The maintenance isn't the best i've seen but they seem to be getting better, but management has been pretty bad. They just recently went thru some major management changes though in the past month and i have yet to hear anyone's opinions about them but hopefully it will be for the better because it was horrible before. The one thing that has been of some concern lately though is the property's disregard for mold. Alot of people have been reporting mold in their apartments and maintenance has failed to do anything about it other than to change the filters, lol.
On another note, i just found out last week that the rapper Flo Rida has just signed a lease there because he loves the location, still waiting to see him though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay