Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 01:12 PM

46 posts, read 171,420 times

Advertisements

Back again, looking at a possible rental in Seminole Heights. What are the best areas. I can spend up to $1,500 monthly but would love to spend less.

Need a 3 b.r. 2 bath and a little guest house would be worth the premium price.

We are relocating to Tampa to get in-state tuition for my USF daughter in a year, are sick of the cold here in Pa. and love the Tampa area. My hubby will telecommute and fly back and forth a lot.

Interested in any recommendations anyone has.

Thanks in advance,
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrenda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 07:05 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Stay west of FL ave. MLK over the bridge near N. Blvd has some houses that have guest cottages, but I can't tell you if they are for rent, but I have seen the cottages behind the houses. There are some nice houses in that area. Not a bad area.

If you find something you can post the general area and we might be able to help.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:38 AM

46 posts, read 171,420 times
Thanks. I have found a perfect one at 105 at West Crest Ave.
I think it will end up being rented before we are ready to move, but it is the
PERFECT setup for me.

Thanks for your help!
Brenda

Old 01-23-2008, 11:41 AM

2 posts, read 8,472 times
Brenda,

Keeper forgot to mention a quaint area of Seminole Heights that is East of Florida called Hampton Terrace. Most people don't even know about the area. There are a few homes for sale and for rent - including my own. A few perks of the area - there is a great lake (Lake Roberta) at one of the entrances that a number of residents walk with their families and/or pets to enjoy the great Tampa weather. We also have a Publix (grocery store) near the front entrance. I-275 is nearby which will lead your husband straight to the airport and your daughter up to USF.

[mod]advertising[/mod]

Last edited by Keeper; 01-23-2008 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: put in the classified section of the forum then direct poster there

Old 01-23-2008, 12:05 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,082,292 times
Good choice, I like that neighborhood.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:57 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
I have seen that area now that you mention it, and it is a nice area. Seminole Heights has a lot of nice areas, you will know the bad areas as they are pretty hard to miss. There is Central Ave that has some beautiful old homes near Hillsborough and 275.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:06 PM

192 posts, read 1,164,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjonczy View Post
Brenda,

Keeper forgot to mention a quaint area of Seminole Heights that is East of Florida called Hampton Terrace. Most people don't even know about the area. There are a few homes for sale and for rent - including my own. A few perks of the area - there is a great lake (Lake Roberta) at one of the entrances that a number of residents walk with their families and/or pets to enjoy the great Tampa weather. We also have a Publix (grocery store) near the front entrance. I-275 is nearby which will lead your husband straight to the airport and your daughter up to USF.

Moderator cut: advertising
I second that emotion.......the area surrounding Lake Roberta is an oasis. I was there today and noticed that the lake is being cleaned, presumably of foilage. For several blocks east, north, and south of the lake the neighborhoods look tidy and you often see people on the streets or on their lawn talking to neighbors.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:13 AM

3 posts, read 9,793 times
Is your house near Lake Roberta still available? If so, what can you tell me about it? Feel free to email me privately. kcgal1971@aol.com

Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 AM

2 posts, read 5,754 times
Default Rentals????

I came across this post and I am looking for a rental in the Seminole Heights area. I recently relocated back to the Tampa Bay area and I am staying with family in Brooksville until I find some place for myself. I am working in the Ybor area, so I believe this area will work well.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjonczy View Post
Brenda,

Moderator cut: advertising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay