Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:58 AM

14 posts, read 43,798 times

Advertisements

I decided to visit Tampa this weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, to attend the Best of Tampa Bay at the Straz. I've got recommendations to try out Frenchy's, Brocato's, Siesta Keys Beach, and Ybor City.

Can anyone else give me a list of places to go at night? Lounges, clubs, restaurants, whatever. I'm a single female in my early 30's so I would prefer places that cater to the 30-40 year olds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 10:15 AM

229 posts, read 244,657 times
Think you might be disappointed with Ybor and that nightclub scene. Frenchy's is nice. There is a place called The Fox, which is a jazz club which I think is nice. Hamburger Mary's in ybor is a drag show.

There's lots of bars, what are you looking to get out of your visit? Are you in any sort of relationship? you looking to see what the singles scene is like? What is your ethnicity? (yes, it does matter)

Old 04-09-2015, 01:04 PM

I'm a 31 yr old black female, from Houston. Really I just want to have fun. I wouldn't mind going to a drag show performance if that's what you're talking about. It wouldn't hurt to be somewhere in the area of single straight males either.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:06 PM

Which night should I check out The Fox?

Old 04-09-2015, 01:29 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh6...5x2iGa8rLqVuwA

Old 04-09-2015, 01:43 PM

Given the additional info, you might actually like Ybor...

Fox on Fridays and Saturdays.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:49 PM

I prefer the older crowds; 35-40 aged. Professionals. Advanced degree-minded. Any spots that will house those type in Ybor?

Old 04-09-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thexy View Post
I prefer the older crowds; 35-40 aged. Professionals. Advanced degree-minded. Any spots that will house those type in Ybor?
Mostly 20 and 30 somethings.

I have no idea what a "professional" is... I hear the term and it's thrown around all the time here on city-data, but I don't see many people who fit that.

I envision a bunch of well off, educated, enlighted people discussing world topics in an upscale environment...

Yeah... we don't have that here.

It's a bunch of young people getting wasted and hitting on each other in some places, and older rich guys hitting on chicks half their age in other places.

Try Jackson's on Harbor Island, or Malio's in downtown Tampa, maybe Bern's Steakhouse too, all of these are higher end places

I love it here, but the local economy is mostly lower end service jobs, so you the term "professionals" really does not tell me much, nor does it probably mean the same thing it does in other places

Old 04-09-2015, 03:08 PM

You're right, professional can mean many things. When I say professional I mean people that have an advanced education and probably a certification/license or 2. Someone that would like to have fun, but in a safe place, and not compromise their career or license.

I'm not a fan of the 20-something crowd. I went to 6th Street in Austin, had fun, but it was a very young crowd. I'm all with getting "wasted", but control your liquor. I don't like the snootie crew either. I don't want to talk about what companies are merging and my opinion on the oil and gas industry.

I want to go somewhere that will play a mixture of alternative/contemporary (soft rock, country, blues, jazz, rap) and drink a nice whisky or sparkling champagne. I love to talk about home projects, music, and non-political/religious topics with strangers. Actually, I'll talk about anything with a stranger.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:36 AM

The fox will be nice, also Jacksons like I mentioned.

Some other options are Blue Martini and Ocean Prime in the International Plaza area. Most of the other places I can think of tend to skew younger and more hook-up oriented joints
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: