Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 12:43 AM

4 posts, read 4,457 times

Advertisements

I live up in northwest Ohio, and even though winter has barely begun, it's actually very mild at the moment. But typically our winter weather is from Dec-Mar. It snowed a few weeks back, but the snow is all gone.

Since this is my last winter up here, I'm hoping that it won't last long. Also, if we don't get snow by the time February arrives, then it's smooth sailing from there on out. I have lived in Clearwater before, and I miss it. I will be bringing my family, and they are getting excited for the move.

Our move date will be in August 2017, and I can't wait to eat a Publix sub once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 07:30 AM

64 posts, read 160,358 times
Best of luck on your move. I cannot wait to get down that way myself....(unfortunately it won't be until 2027). We hope to end up in the Indian Shores / Indian Rocks Beach area.

Old 01-01-2017, 12:44 PM

181 posts, read 493,690 times
Good luck and I hope you're very happy there. I have two years until retirement when I can leave the snow and ice behind in the DC area and join you down there. Will be on vacation in Clearwater in about six weeks and so looking forward to it.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:01 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Been no winter here the last 6 years.

Old 01-01-2017, 02:51 PM

350 posts, read 333,418 times
Best wishes to all the potential Floridians....come on down, weather is PERFECT on the first day of 2017... Lunched at Frenchy's on Clearwater Beach...swimmers, jet boaters, sunbathers, volley ball players..... We moved here from Indiana 8.5 years ago and we could not be happier!!!

Old 01-02-2017, 09:24 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
It's all about how u choose to feel inside your head.
For me, when I moved to FL in 2002, I was in my glory for about 10 years. Loved the sun and the surf, the mild winters, the beautful beaches, etc....

However, I've changed in the past several years. I've begun to grow to hate the summer heat. It's long and brutal TBH. I'm a runner and I struggle to run for at least 7 months out of the year simply because it's just sooooo hot. Also, I feel like a lot of FL has no real character. It's all so "strip mally"..... with palm trees propped up by wodden planks and half of them look kinda dead because of the poor soil. . . Again, it's all about how u feel personally. I'm looking to move to a more "moderate" climate, but if u hate winter, FL is def the place to be. 82 and party cloudy here in Miami on Jan 2nd. ....That's summer time weather in Ohio/

Old 01-02-2017, 11:29 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
It's all about how u choose to feel inside your head.
For me, when I moved to FL in 2002, I was in my glory for about 10 years. Loved the sun and the surf, the mild winters, the beautful beaches, etc....

However, I've changed in the past several years. I've begun to grow to hate the summer heat. It's long and brutal TBH. I'm a runner and I struggle to run for at least 7 months out of the year simply because it's just sooooo hot. Also, I feel like a lot of FL has no real character. It's all so "strip mally"..... with palm trees propped up by wodden planks and half of them look kinda dead because of the poor soil. . . Again, it's all about how u feel personally. I'm looking to move to a more "moderate" climate, but if u hate winter, FL is def the place to be. 82 and party cloudy here in Miami on Jan 2nd. ....That's summer time weather in Ohio/
Excellent points. I guess it all depends on why one comes to Florida. If warm weather is all you're after, then you're golden. If you're looking for something else, then good luck.

Old 01-03-2017, 02:38 PM

4 posts, read 4,457 times
Well I have lived in Clearwater before for sometime in the past. 1st time back in 1995-2002, and then from 2003-2009. I've live in Illinois, and also in Ohio where I reside in. I have lived long enough to know where I want to be. Out of the 3 states that I have lived in my life, I can confidently say that I prefer Clearwater Florida. This year I will call Clearwater home once again, and for good.

Last edited by movingonward; 01-03-2017 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 01-03-2017, 02:55 PM

163 posts, read 183,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterK View Post
Just where are we supposed to put all these transplants? It's crazy overcrowded already. Go to another county in Florida, please.
There's development all over Northeast St. Petersburg. I hope people keep coming down so that our house holds its value when we're ready to sell. I would love it if a few more flagship corporations relocated to this area to attract more full-time younger professionals.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:32 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indytoflgirl View Post
Best wishes to all the potential Floridians....come on down, weather is PERFECT on the first day of 2017... Lunched at Frenchy's on Clearwater Beach...swimmers, jet boaters, sunbathers, volley ball players..... We moved here from Indiana 8.5 years ago and we could not be happier!!!
Its posts like this one that really get northerners interested in moving to Florida, while people up north are shoveling snow and being subjected to cold weather the temptation to move to this described paradise becomes a strong motivator for them to relocate to Florida,we are all moving down to be your neighbors indytoflgir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay