Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 03:04 PM

30 posts, read 54,599 times

Advertisements

Hi all! So I was here on the boards about this time last year looking for places to move in the area from out of state. We ended up in Coutryside area of Clearwater which is a nice area, but a few things have changed and so now we are looking to move to the LOL/Wesley Chapel area (and potentially Riverview). We're not familiar with the area and still aren't financially capable of buying anyway right now since we're still a young family so we plan to continue renting. I am familiar with apartments but not really with renting houses. Apartments tend to be pretty similar and straight forward with many things (sewer, trash, water, pest control) being inclusive but I wasn't sure how it was with houses. My main concern was if we were responsible for HOA/CDD fees wherever we rent and what the range is for them in those areas. We like Wilderness Lake Preserve but have heard CDD fees were high there. We have a backup plan for an apartment in Seven Oaks if a house doesn't work so if anyone happens to know about Windsor Club at Seven Oaks I'd like to hear how it is. Just getting started into looking into the Riverview area. I have an 8 year old daughter who is an only child so playmates/recreation/community is something we would really like. Any input would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 10:41 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,762,894 times
If you rent the house, you are not responsible to HOA/CDD - you pay your rent and it's on home owner to take care of HOA/CDD fees. I would suggest to look elsewhere instead of Wesley Chapel and Seven Oaks area specifically. These schools are seriously overcrowded. String from Seven Oaks elementary and ending with Wiregrass High. More homes and apartments are getting build, so it will get even worse soon.
Check out Lutz area as well as FishHawk both have highly rated schools and not as overcrowded as Wesley Chapel schools. Just my opinion who got stocked with Wesley Chapel schools and knows about overcrowding problems first hand.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:49 PM

49 posts, read 104,939 times
I have to agree about the overcrowding. We successfully relocated and ended up in Wesley Chapel, FL. Our daughter started and completed Kindergarten this past year at Seven Oaks Elementary School. There were a total of 29 students in her Kindergarten class which went up to 30-31 by the tail end of the school year. Most people hear that and their eyes widen or their jaws drop as most kindergarten classes are half of that size. SOES already has trailer classrooms, and there is nothing being done at this time to accommodate beyond fiddling around with the boundaries. At the rate building is going only those within the gates will probably be able to attend. I overheard my daughter's kindergarten teacher saying that she may only stay at SOES for only another year due to the amount of growth and overcrowding on top of her lengthy commute; which is a shame because she is one of the best.

It's very concerning the amount of building that is going on in that neighborhood alone but no new school has been built at neighboring Northwood as promised and there are no plans for construction to expand SOES. A very large scale luxury complex went up though that is sending nearby residents of aging Northwood fleeing. There are many homes up for sale in that community between that complex going up and the building of the Outlet Mall one traffic light down. The amount of building going on given the current capacity has my husband and I very concerned about our decision to possibly purchase here, right now we rent at Colonial Grand at Seven Oaks. It is a really nice complex, its a younger complex than Windsor. It's still a part of Seven Oaks and connected by trail but outside of the gates; you are still given the option to be a member of the Seven Oaks Clubhouse. And your daughter will still be able to attend SOES.

If you are unbothered and still trying to get in, I would suggest within the next 1-2 years as in the next 3-5 it will more than likely be quite expensive to live in the W.C. Seven Oaks corridor. New build prices are going up and up, only things staying quite low are the older builds from some of the original communities in the area in aging neighborhoods.

Don't get me wrong, we have fallen in love with the area, and we had a very good school year and experience overall despite the overcrowding. There are always events held at the school for the whole family to enjoy. The clubhouse at Seven Oaks is like a resort, we went to a pool party that our daughter's teachers threw as an end of the year party for the kids and their families. There are also alot of activities held at the Seven Oaks clubhouse on a regular basis. People are always outside jogging, riding bikes, taking their babies for a stroll etc. Wiregrass Mall also has a Kids' Club and there are always things going on at the mall from Carnivals, to Car Shows, to Farmer's Market, Christmas Lights Show, other Holiday themed events. Your daughter will probably have no problems with being bored or making friends. Again we really love it here our only concern is the monumental growth that is taking place in this growing city and how they will accommodate the growth.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:55 PM

144 posts, read 322,833 times
The landlord will factor in HOA fee's with your total rent price. WC is absolutely fantastic and im sure you'll love it.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
If you rent the house, you are not responsible to HOA/CDD - you pay your rent and it's on home owner to take care of HOA/CDD fees.
I must take it back. Partially. I recently saw an HOA rules where it states if property owner is behind on its HOA payments, HOA can go after people who rent this property meaning they will get payment first until the balance is paid off, and then homeowner will see $$ from people who are renting again.
If homeowner is not paying HOA, people who rent can lose access to community amenities too. Something to consider.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post
I have to agree about the overcrowding. We successfully relocated and ended up in Wesley Chapel, FL. Our daughter started and completed Kindergarten this past year at Seven Oaks Elementary School. There were a total of 29 students in her Kindergarten class which went up to 30-31 by the tail end of the school year. Most people hear that and their eyes widen or their jaws drop as most kindergarten classes are half of that size. SOES already has trailer classrooms, and there is nothing being done at this time to accommodate beyond fiddling around with the boundaries. At the rate building is going only those within the gates will probably be able to attend. I overheard my daughter's kindergarten teacher saying that she may only stay at SOES for only another year due to the amount of growth and overcrowding on top of her lengthy commute; which is a shame because she is one of the best.

It's very concerning the amount of building that is going on in that neighborhood alone but no new school has been built at neighboring Northwood as promised and there are no plans for construction to expand SOES. A very large scale luxury complex went up though that is sending nearby residents of aging Northwood fleeing. There are many homes up for sale in that community between that complex going up and the building of the Outlet Mall one traffic light down. The amount of building going on given the current capacity has my husband and I very concerned about our decision to possibly purchase here, right now we rent at Colonial Grand at Seven Oaks. It is a really nice complex, its a younger complex than Windsor. It's still a part of Seven Oaks and connected by trail but outside of the gates; you are still given the option to be a member of the Seven Oaks Clubhouse. And your daughter will still be able to attend SOES.
One of my kids also went to SOES this year to K and we had only 23 students in our class (it was ranging from 21 to 24 through the year). They had 8 K classes where 4 classes were within the same block with 4 separate teaches for each (total of 8 teachers + teacher assistants).

But it's true, school is seriously overcrowded. All 5th graders are at these temp trailers and they expect to add more to fit all students.

As for the new school at Northwood, I don't see it current 5 year plan, so it's not going to be build any time soon. All new builds that could be added to SOES are limited to this new apartments and Arbor Woods community as well as north part of Seven Oaks community itself (townhouses). This is it, no more room to build to be zoned to Seven Oaks.

There is one elementary school planned by Wiregrass High and Dr John Long middle, Wiregrass elementary, but I am not sure if communities south of SR 56 will be going there. I see Meadow Pointe residents as well as new Estancia and the Ridge (by GL Homes that are still not released) residents going there.

Mixed middle and high off Old Pasco Rd is on track to be open in 2017 (2017-18 school year). Rezoning will be interesting to see as well as grade changes for current John Long Middle and Wiregrass High.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:48 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,771,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post

If you are unbothered and still trying to get in, I would suggest within the next 1-2 years as in the next 3-5 it will more than likely be quite expensive to live in the W.C. Seven Oaks corridor. New build prices are going up and up, only things staying quite low are the older builds from some of the original communities in the area in aging neighborhoods.

Don't get me wrong, we have fallen in love with the area, and we had a very good school year and experience overall despite the overcrowding. There are always events held at the school for the whole family to enjoy. The clubhouse at Seven Oaks is like a resort, we went to a pool party that our daughter's teachers threw as an end of the year party for the kids and their families. There are also alot of activities held at the Seven Oaks clubhouse on a regular basis. People are always outside jogging, riding bikes, taking their babies for a stroll etc. Wiregrass Mall also has a Kids' Club and there are always things going on at the mall from Carnivals, to Car Shows, to Farmer's Market, Christmas Lights Show, other Holiday themed events. Your daughter will probably have no problems with being bored or making friends. Again we really love it here our only concern is the monumental growth that is taking place in this growing city and how they will accommodate the growth.
I'm surprised even with all the new construction and growth some of the schools are under enrolled. So according this Tampa Bay times article a lot of the middle schools are not even over capacity which means a lot of elementary age as well as high school age kids are in these new communities. So zoning will hopefully help even things out however a new high school is needed.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
One of my kids also went to SOES this year to K and we had only 23 students in our class (it was ranging from 21 to 24 through the year). They had 8 K classes where 4 classes were within the same block with 4 separate teaches for each (total of 8 teachers + teacher assistants).
I was thinking about something else when I wrote my previous post because our K class at SOES had 18 kids at the most, and only 15 past month. Yes, they still had 8 kindergarten classes and 8 teaches.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
I'm surprised even with all the new construction and growth some of the schools are under enrolled. So according this Tampa Bay times article a lot of the middle schools are not even over capacity which means a lot of elementary age as well as high school age kids are in these new communities. So zoning will hopefully help even things out however a new high school is needed.
It's so hard to believe A-rated (or any good rated middle and high) are below its capacity.
I am not 100% sure about Hillsborough, but at Pasco all good rated schools are overcrowded. I heard about a part of the reason, but had a chance to witness it myself when I stayed and worked from home. Cars from who knows where were coming 15 minutes before bus time to our community and were leaving with kids who knows where. I asked one of high school students who babysit for us on occasions if she knew these kids who were picked and she said yes, even though they are going to Wiregrass High, they don't live in Wesley Chapel... I heard about this problem, and I heard it's really bad.

Old 06-03-2015, 01:21 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,771,804 times
Quote:
It's so hard to believe A-rated (or any good rated middle and high) are below its capacity.
I am not 100% sure about Hillsborough, but at Pasco all good rated schools are overcrowded. I heard about a part of the reason, but had a chance to witness it myself when I stayed and worked from home. Cars from who knows where were coming 15 minutes before bus time to our community and were leaving with kids who knows where. I asked one of high school students who babysit for us on occasions if she knew these kids who were picked and she said yes, even though they are going to Wiregrass High, they don't live in Wesley Chapel... I heard about this problem, and I heard it's really bad.
Here is the article Pasco County schools keep growing | Tampa Bay Times .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay