Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 02:53 PM

429 posts, read 1,100,558 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, , can you guys point me in the direction of towns/areas in the Tampa area that would be good to consider if we moved there? When we do visit, we'd take a drive around and do research. We know we'll move from our current house within a few years, but want to choose the right location.

I currently work remote but travel about once a month, so i'll need to be near an airport.
We have an 18 month old and likely will have another kid in the future, so schools are important

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 10:00 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,983,014 times
Tampa.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:06 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,351,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Tampa.
Specifically...

Old 05-22-2015, 10:14 AM

85 posts, read 100,782 times
hey there, I live in the Dunedin we are West of Tampa along the inter-coastal waterway. There are not a lot of what you would call towns in Florida as you look, if that is important to you. But we found this one just north of Clearwater and has a good school system ( k-12), It is about 20-30 min from Tampa airport pending the time of day you go. It is one you should look into with beaches nearby and all kinds of things for the children growing up. You can also try Palm Harbor area bigger school system and is north of Dunedin.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:27 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,983,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Specifically...
South Tampa would provide one with close access to an airport, decent schools, decent communities, decent houses, and keep you close to amenities.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:49 PM

10 posts, read 16,826 times
I've been asking similar questions, and I was pointed toward Wesley Chapel. It looks like it's fairly centrally located (about 45min/1hr from the beach; less for travel to the Airport), and the schools are well-rated. Not that I live there (yet) or anything, but it seems to have alot to offer... My $0.02

Old 05-22-2015, 01:55 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,351,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhubs View Post
I've been asking similar questions, and I was pointed toward Wesley Chapel. It looks like it's fairly centrally located (about 45min/1hr from the beach; less for travel to the Airport), and the schools are well-rated. Not that I live there (yet) or anything, but it seems to have alot to offer... My $0.02
It's a very growing area. I live there. The beach estimates are spot on, and it takes me about 30 minutes to get to the airport. It's family-friendly and has many restaurants and other things opening up all the time. There's also New Tampa, which is right next to Wesley Chapel and frequently gets lumped in with it.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:02 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,585,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunedin View Post
hey there, I live in the Dunedin we are West of Tampa along the inter-coastal waterway. There are not a lot of what you would call towns in Florida as you look, if that is important to you. But we found this one just north of Clearwater and has a good school system ( k-12), It is about 20-30 min from Tampa airport pending the time of day you go. It is one you should look into with beaches nearby and all kinds of things for the children growing up. You can also try Palm Harbor area bigger school system and is north of Dunedin.
Nowhere near the airport. Quit promoting Dunedin on every post.

Westchase or South Tampa.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:36 PM

90 posts, read 121,388 times
Hey PhotoproIp,

Very lame thing to say to steve dunedin....The forum is an information exchange...I've noticed just about everyone on this forum is "promoting" something. There's a ton of Safety Harbor people, Palm Harbor people, St. Pete people, Gulfport and Westchase people..etc Why not Dunedin?.. IMHO, I don't think it's "promoted" enough on this forum...Being positive about the place where you live is expected and a good thing. especially when it doesn't involve trashing other places. I'd rather here from positive posters than the large negative crew on here.

Old 05-24-2015, 04:56 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,871,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Nowhere near the airport. Quit promoting Dunedin on every post.

Westchase or South Tampa.
Who died and made you the Grand Poobah of this Forum??? You've told me the same thing when I talk glowingly about my hometown of Gulfport.

I am genuinely sorry that you are so unhappy and resentful of those who have found their bit of paradise and are happy to share our positive experiences with others.

The OP says they need the airport ONCE a MONTH. Having lived part of one winter in downtown Dunedin (we considered buying a home there as well as Safety Harbor, before deciding on Gulfport), the non-rush trip from Dunedin to TPA was just under 30 minutes (we made that drive 4 times). From our Gulfport home, we can get to TPA in exactly 22 minutes, non-rush.

Last edited by dothetwist; 05-24-2015 at 05:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay