Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 12:34 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,839,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
It seems some of the responses here have gone more the way of talking about Florida in general, which is OK, but I think people can be happy in different areas of the state. Someone can hate living in Tampa even though they love Florida, but be completely happy in another big city in the state.
Excellent point. Miami is no Tampa and Tampa is no Miami.....and many in each area are happy about that.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:46 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,072,904 times
Unfortunately some people are never happy where they live until they move away. They move away and come back and love it and then realize all the things they disliked before are still the same. Is it the place or the person?

Tampa has a lot of good things if you just look. I always found people nice and we had lots of fun no matter where we were.

Enjoy the beach, the food, the shows and all the fun things you can do in Tampa. Don't expect other people to make you happy..

Old 05-25-2015, 02:28 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,033,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Unfortunately some people are never happy where they live until they move away. They move away and come back and love it and then realize all the things they disliked before are still the same. Is it the place or the person?

Tampa has a lot of good things if you just look. I always found people nice and we had lots of fun no matter where we were.

Enjoy the beach, the food, the shows and all the fun things you can do in Tampa. Don't expect other people to make you happy..
I've yet to find that Tampa beach.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:49 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,979,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Your obsession of trying to define the technical boundaries of Tampa in every thread is mind boggling. As long as people aren't talking about places like Spring Hill when they refer to Tampa, adjoining suburbs are ok for me. let it go man!
Why should one define "Tampa" using Wesley Chapel, Brandon, Westchase, Carrollwood, etc? Especially given that none of those places come remotely close to living in Tampa. Comparing the city of Tampa by using a suburb is what's mind boggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I've yet to find that Tampa beach.
https://youtu.be/qDlguw_LO6M

Old 05-25-2015, 04:29 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,344,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Why should one define "Tampa" using Wesley Chapel, Brandon, Westchase, Carrollwood, etc? Especially given that none of those places come remotely close to living in Tampa. Comparing the city of Tampa by using a suburb is what's mind boggling.
Who's doing that? Or are you just assuming?

Old 05-25-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post

And what happens if you've looked and looked? Some people have been there done that and still haven't found anything exciting in Tampa. It's OK for people to think Tampa is great, but then to be blind to its faults is another thing.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:36 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,979,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Who's doing that? Or are you just assuming?
No assuming necessary. I want to say it was a year or so ago when myself and at least one other poster started asking where the naysayers lived. Surprise! It wasn't in Tampa. Much like you and your living in Wesley Chapel. Have you ever actually lived in the city?

Old 05-25-2015, 04:38 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,839,459 times
Let's set the facts straight, according to some.

http://youtu.be/ad5paRXNWVg

Old 05-25-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
No assuming necessary. I want to say it was a year or so ago when myself and at least one other poster started asking where the naysayers lived. Surprise! It wasn't in Tampa. Much like you and your living in Wesley Chapel. Have you ever actually lived in the city?
Yup. I have lived in actual Tampa and am judging Tampa based on the actual city of Tampa. I wouldn't even begin to judge it on suburbs such as WC. But if someone has done so, I believe it but it's also a little silly.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:54 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,033,635 times
Quote:
Ya got me there but people of St Pete would laugh at Tampas beach offerings, this is St Petes idea of beaches =
https://www.google.ca/search?q=pass+...t+pete+beaches

Last edited by jambo101; 05-25-2015 at 05:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay