Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 09:31 AM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times

Advertisements

Homes priced under 50k are still sitting in my area. No one will buy them with the flood Ins mess unless they go bare like i do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 09:33 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Don't worry - Pres Obama and Co will take care of you if your home gets wiped out by a storm. Just ask Obama-Phone-Lady. This is not a politically inflammatory post -just a matter of fact on how the gov't works nowadays.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:09 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Don't worry - Pres Obama and Co will take care of you if your home gets wiped out by a storm. Just ask Obama-Phone-Lady. This is not a politically inflammatory post -just a matter of fact on how the gov't works nowadays.
Or ask Hillary how to give away other peoples money while she is raking in money without disclosing how many millions go to her own bank account and how her server is gone and she claims to have dementia about that part.

But then again, she was poor coming out of the White House!

Old 06-13-2015, 10:14 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Or ask Hillary how to give away other peoples money while she is raking in money without disclosing how many millions go to her own bank account and how her server is gone and she claims to have dementia about that part.

But then again, she was poor coming out of the White House!

Actually it was Frank/Dodd who made the housing market change to everyone should be able to buy and zero down was the result and we all need to be "grateful" for that.

That cost most of us our home values to go down and paying for other people who stopped paying.

Isn't it time to stop this and have people buy who can afford it and that means people with lower income can still buy but accordingly to what they have saved and that means a lower value home.

Some people with higher income don't even wish to buy and rather rent and buying or renting can be great for many reasons and depending on each individual situation it should be determined what is best and what they want in their life BUT buyer's who are now getting approved and don't have saving for anything that breaks down as we see this already happening again is worrisome.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:08 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
I Mod Edit make 2 much $.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 06-13-2015 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: I am sure you know why I need to delete this part.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:18 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,223,411 times
Quote:
You must be talking about my tax dollars that subsidize flood insurance for the million dollar homes along Bayshore, Clearwater Beach and other enclaves of the elite. Talk about moochers.

As far as your not so subtle Mod Edit rant about Obama Phones...read up on the history;

The Obama Phone?

More like George Bush The First Phones.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 06-14-2015 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: Uncalled for comment removed.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:00 PM

35,062 posts, read 31,284,584 times
From my cursory research on moving to the area, home prices seem pretty in line with here around Indianapolis. Are the flood/sinkhole insurances and property taxes the real rub?

Old 06-14-2015, 02:25 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
From my cursory research on moving to the area, home prices seem pretty in line with here around Indianapolis. Are the flood/sinkhole insurances and property taxes the real rub?
Yes and no...if living near the coast or other flood prone areas insurance will be high...not so in lower risk zones...property taxes again some areas have a much higher rate but usually schools and services are better...so you have to do research and prioritize what you are willing to pay for...

Old 06-14-2015, 02:45 PM

35,062 posts, read 31,284,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Yes and no...if living near the coast or other flood prone areas insurance will be high...not so in lower risk zones...property taxes again some areas have a much higher rate but usually schools and services are better...so you have to do research and prioritize what you are willing to pay for...
I was a finalist for a position in Lakeland next month. While that's not in the metro, it's close enough to be a commutable option going against traffic. Homes there were dirt cheap. The crime was a little high, but nothing compared to the core of Indianapolis. With Florida's low taxes, at least compared to Indiana, it looks like I could come out just as well there. I spent about a week in Tampa, St. Pete, and Sarasota back in January and it was one of only three places I really liked as soon as I got there, with Greenville, SC and the Maine coast.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:40 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I was a finalist for a position in Lakeland next month. While that's not in the metro, it's close enough to be a commutable option going against traffic. Homes there were dirt cheap. The crime was a little high, but nothing compared to the core of Indianapolis. With Florida's low taxes, at least compared to Indiana, it looks like I could come out just as well there. I spent about a week in Tampa, St. Pete, and Sarasota back in January and it was one of only three places I really liked as soon as I got there, with Greenville, SC and the Maine coast.
Just remember January is our prime time...best weather...Maine is a winter nightmare...SC is beautiful and Tampa/St.Pete is great for 6 months a year...you really just have to do the math...taxes/schools...and amenities...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay