Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 05:47 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,875,478 times

Advertisements

Housing Hot here in Gulfport, too.

from The Gulfport Gabber June 18, 2015
Gulfport Real Estate Market Heats Up By Helen J. Simon

Suzanne Kennedy, a two-time breast cancer survivor, has learned not to wait to do what she wants. So when she and her husband Larry found the house they wanted in Gulfport, they didn’t think twice. They plunked down their cash and bought it. The old cliché about sleeping on a decision doesn’t work in this market, Kennedy said, standing happily in her new house on Tuesday, June 16. “Sometimes if you sleep on stuff, it’s gone.” That could well be the best advice for buying real estate in Gulfport in these days: “You snooze, you lose.”

The other piece of advice: “Cash is king.” As the real estate market heats up again throughout Florida and Pinellas County, sales in Gulfport are heating up as well. If you’re trying to sell a house in Gulfport, you’re probably in great shape. But if you’re trying to buy, maybe not so much.

Kennedy, 63, said she and her husband, who have lived in a condo in Redington Shores for 11 years, wanted to buy a house where they could build a pool and Larry could garden when he retires in two years. She said her experience with cancer had taught her to do what she wants now instead of delaying. “I’m done postponing,” she said. The couple chose Gulfport because “it’s a nice, eclectic community” and they liked the “vibe.”

After four houses they were interested in were snapped up before they could even make an offer, they decided to sell their condo so they could be in a stronger negotiating position. They sold the condo at a profit in only 13 days. Armed with cash, they then bought the first house in Gulfport that fit their needs. The house, a 63-year old unassuming 1500-sq ft wood-frame bungalow on 27th Avenue S. and 50th Street, was listed for $239,900; they paid $229,000 and closed in mid-May. Kennedy is thrilled with the couple’s purchase and looking forward to renovating it in their own style. It was worth the wait, she said. “This is what we were looking for … I think we’re going to be happy here.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 08:47 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,183,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Housing Hot here in Gulfport, too.

from The Gulfport Gabber June 18, 2015
Gulfport Real Estate Market Heats Up By Helen J. Simon

Suzanne Kennedy, a two-time breast cancer survivor, has learned not to wait to do what she wants. So when she and her husband Larry found the house they wanted in Gulfport, they didn’t think twice. They plunked down their cash and bought it. The old cliché about sleeping on a decision doesn’t work in this market, Kennedy said, standing happily in her new house on Tuesday, June 16. “Sometimes if you sleep on stuff, it’s gone.” That could well be the best advice for buying real estate in Gulfport in these days: “You snooze, you lose.”

The other piece of advice: “Cash is king.” As the real estate market heats up again throughout Florida and Pinellas County, sales in Gulfport are heating up as well. If you’re trying to sell a house in Gulfport, you’re probably in great shape. But if you’re trying to buy, maybe not so much.

Kennedy, 63, said she and her husband, who have lived in a condo in Redington Shores for 11 years, wanted to buy a house where they could build a pool and Larry could garden when he retires in two years. She said her experience with cancer had taught her to do what she wants now instead of delaying. “I’m done postponing,” she said. The couple chose Gulfport because “it’s a nice, eclectic community” and they liked the “vibe.”

After four houses they were interested in were snapped up before they could even make an offer, they decided to sell their condo so they could be in a stronger negotiating position. They sold the condo at a profit in only 13 days. Armed with cash, they then bought the first house in Gulfport that fit their needs. The house, a 63-year old unassuming 1500-sq ft wood-frame bungalow on 27th Avenue S. and 50th Street, was listed for $239,900; they paid $229,000 and closed in mid-May. Kennedy is thrilled with the couple’s purchase and looking forward to renovating it in their own style. It was worth the wait, she said. “This is what we were looking for … I think we’re going to be happy here.”
So the writer is demonstrating that housing is hot based on what? one anecdotal story?

The title says "Gulf Port Real Estate Market Heats up" and nothing really to substantiate the claim. I am not saying the writer is wrong or right but come on, spend time and dig the data, provide some stat like number of sold house, year over year trend, number of days in market, you know those metrics that enables one to make a headline like that? Writing has become a joke, they are spending the least amount of time and write a story by talking to their neighbor ? .

Old 06-18-2015, 01:55 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,419,274 times
it sold under list

Old 06-18-2015, 02:47 PM

382 posts, read 630,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
great, mine is going on the market soon
Where are you headed?

Old 06-27-2015, 03:56 PM

14 posts, read 29,693 times
Quote:
Don't worry - Pres Obama and Co will take care of you if your home gets wiped out by a storm. Just ask Obama-Phone-Lady. This is not a politically inflammatory post -just a matter of fact on how the gov't works nowadays.
You're an idiot and need to educate yourself

The Obama Phone?

I hate people that just repost what they see ontheir friends facebook feed.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:38 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,136,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanfarlee View Post
You're an idiot and need to educate yourself

The Obama Phone?

I hate people that just repost what they see ontheir friends facebook feed.
Idiot, huh? Bwahahahaha! Guy has more knowledge of how the gov works than most could ever hope to have in three lifetimes. He doesn't need FB to tell him anything.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:58 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,136,834 times
Quote:
great, mine is going on the market soon
Very smart. The window is closing, though. I figure three more months of this, four tops.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:04 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,009,536 times
What window? And how do you know it's closing in 3-4 months?

Old 07-02-2015, 07:15 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,319,802 times

Old 07-02-2015, 07:30 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,009,536 times
Looks like a bad time to buy. I'll be keeping what I've got saved in the bank and continue renting, thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay