Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:47 AM

7 posts, read 6,553 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the Tampa area and my husband will be working in Riverview. We are considering buying in Carrollwood. Can anyone estimate or know what the morning/evening commute would be like to Riverview? How long would it take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 11:01 AM

819 posts, read 1,399,591 times
I drive from old Carrollwood (around Lake Carroll area) to Sabal Park (just north of the Brandon exit, and two north of Riverview), and it takes me a solid 30 minutes in rush hour. However, I don't get any benefit from the Crosstown aka Selmon Expressway. If he doesn't mind the tolls, he can take the Expressway on the way to work which will probably make that commute about 35 to 40 minutes of easy driving depending on how far into Riverview he needs to go. Unfortunately on the way home, the Expressway won't help him because it dumps you off on Interestate 4 just before the junction with I275 and that area is an absolute parking lot in the afternoon rush hour. I usually go home up 75 to Fowler or Fletcher and then over to Carrollwood, and that's probably going to be 40 to 60 minutes for him.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:52 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,569,918 times
Good info from spbbound. I guess it depends on the start and end addresses but just to be safe, I would budget an hour each way. That way, if it's less, you will have planned for it. I do several weekly new construction site inspections in Riverview and I live just north of Carrollwood Village. The drive takes 45 minutes each way for me on good days.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:30 PM

7 posts, read 6,553 times
Thanks! That's what I wasn't hoping for. Why can't Carrollwood be Riverview's neighbor!?! We'd like to keep the commute 30 min on a bad day.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:46 PM

4 posts, read 9,253 times
If he is going to work in Riverview, I would live much closer than Carrollwood. I commute over 60 miles une way , but not during rush hour and from a house that I inherited. While ther is no snow here, traffic varies day to day based on construction, snowbird/tourist traffic... And in some areas, the red lights can tack on a lot of time. I lived near the office for a while and it took me 45 minutes to go ten miles because of long red lights.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:17 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,589,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnonek View Post
Thanks! That's what I wasn't hoping for. Why can't Carrollwood be Riverview's neighbor!?! We'd like to keep the commute 30 min on a bad day.
....because there is a big land mass in between!

You could live in Brandon or Riverview itself....and have a much better commute.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:28 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,987,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
You could live in Brandon or Riverview itself....and have a much better commute.
And have to live in Brandon or Riverview.

That said, I drove with my brother to a job he was doing out in Riverview. Met him at my parent's house just west of Dale Mabry and Fletcher and drove out to Riverview. It was at night and it still took about an hour to get there. Not going to say this is the norm, as I have no idea where Riverview starts or ends, but it was a pretty long drive.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:28 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,009,841 times
Yeah, that'll be a long drive, especially in traffic. Definitely more than a half an hour. The toll roads that connect rich neighborhoods with downtown don't go to Carrollwood.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:52 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,642,507 times
That will be a longer commute than I'd want to deal with on a daily basis, about 45 minutes. Commuting here is no fun and the less you have to drive the better. I'd suggest looking at some of the nice neighborhoods in Riverview, Brandon, or Valrico. You might be pleasantly surprised at what this area has to offer.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:29 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,226,771 times
I drive from land o lakes to riverview and it takes me 40 minutes each way. Id imagine that carrollwood would take a bit longer as there is less of a direct route (half of my time it spent getting to the interstate, the other half is using the interstate). Coming from carrollwood (depending where of course) i would image it being closer to an hour. (im making the assumption of coming from the carrollwood village area)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay