Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 04:04 AM

30,290 posts, read 21,058,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
The same place as you.
Then you have no rain in 2 weeks since you live in the same place i do. Same place would mean you are living in my house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 08:46 PM

7,728 posts, read 6,409,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
as a florida native, it gets old.

I would love to get the seasons but at the same time, our winter is nearly perfect weather most of the time. It rarely gets "too cold" during those few months and is usually quite pleasant. The summers can be pretty brutal but it also opens up the doors for more swimming/beach time which is a big reason a lot of people like FL

Here's the thing about Florida "winters." Most places already experience "Florida winters." Here in Texas we experience them in October and in April and May. In truth, it's only 3 or 4 months in Florida where people actually claim that the weather is "amazing." People who don't like the cold, no matter where they live, only have to deal with it for 4 and a half month, tops. I love snow so living in Minnesota isn't an issue for me (where I plan to move after university) but even if I didn't, it's only late November to mid March where snow is going to last, and the rest is pleasant temperatures with the occasional heatwave that lasts a few days. I really feel Florida's "mild weather" is overstated. It's mild from November to March, the rest is really muggy and hot. It's survivable, but in my opinion it gets older than 3 months of snow ever can get.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:07 PM

7,728 posts, read 6,409,840 times
I replied in a post you mentioned about moving somewhere similar to NJ about how my jack-o-lantern's melted in Miami lol

I'm practically a Miami native. My family came to America from Cuba in the mid 90s. I lived in S. Florida for 18 years. 18 years of no real seasons except summer and a few cold days in winter. Spring and fall still feel like summer, the difference is it's slightly cooler than Florida's summer. (S. Florida at least, Tampa and Orlando have more seasonal variety)

I now live in Texas, and north enough to still get snow. I'll be living in Denton in late August, going to UNT. It's almost as far north as Oklahoma so it gets more seasonal variety than Austin or Houston. I love the seasons here, they actually exist! Winter is still pretty mild but we get plenty of icy mornings. The leaves are bare from the trees and there's still the possibility of snow, and this February we got plenty of it too! Spring is beautiful. The leaves come back in the end of March and it's really green. Late spring can bring severe weather, and I find tornadoes exciting.

Summer has also been great. This year's been milder than most summers. We haven't hit 100 yet but are due to next week Friday. (The Sunday after I will begin a road trip to Miami so I'll miss part of the first Texas heatwave) It's a lot drier here in the summer. It feels better and cools off a bit more at night.

I can't imagine moving to anywhere with less seasonal variety than here. I actually still want colder winters. We got a week and a half of snow, and I still wanted more, but March had already arrived and I was excited to see a new season. If you love the NJ seasons, even if you don't like winter so much, but like spring and fall, and still the occasional snow day, then Florida's weather will definitely not be up your alley. Like I said, I can not move back to Florida and be happy, and not just cuz of weather too, I haven't even mentioned how friendlier people are here lol

Old 07-03-2015, 09:12 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,394,315 times
Florida! Endless summers, baby! Yeah!

Although average daytime highs, Tampa area, December and January, of about 70 degrees means some days hit 60 and some hit 80. And it can get colder.

Different strokes for different folks. I got tired of northern "real" winters, and love Florida weather. It is a free country, you can hate what I love and I can hate what you love, it is OK.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:12 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,071,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Florida! Endless summers, baby! Yeah!...............snip

The only way to live!

Old 07-05-2015, 11:29 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,873,225 times
as a native, i love seasons.

check out NC/Upstate SC/TN for close to perfect, mild 4 seasons.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:38 AM

30,290 posts, read 21,058,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
as a native, i love seasons.

check out NC/Upstate SC/TN for close to perfect, mild 4 seasons.
Mild to you maybe. No way i wanna deal with a winter north of FL.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:47 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,873,225 times
how do you think the heat and humidity is going to feel tho? trust me, take a little bit of both. you will get tired of either if its just constant.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:54 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,376,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Mild to you maybe. No way i wanna deal with a winter north of FL.
Places only a few states north of FL don't have extreme winters.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:55 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,071,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
how do you think the heat and humidity is going to feel tho? trust me, take a little bit of both. you will get tired of either if its just constant.
27 years. Love the constant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay