Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 01:58 PM

8 posts, read 33,246 times

Advertisements

These questions are geared towards places in or around the Tampa area. If you are not familar with Tampa prices, I still value your input. Just let me know the area you are speaking about.

What's the current price or average price for regular gas?

I'm 31, excellent driving record, what would be the average cost of full coverage car insurance on a 2001 Honda Accord? (Not looking for a quote, just trying to get a feel for cost of living)

How much is renter's insurance for a 2 bed apartment? I'm just a little nervous about the hurricanes. I want to get insurance for a piece of mind.

What's the cost of weekly child care? (All day care, 9 to 10 hrs, at a good educational based or learning center)

What's the going rate for a good 24 hour child care center?

What's the cost of of latchkey? (Both before and after school)

What's the average cost of school lunch for an elementary/middle school?

What's the going rate for cable? (don't really need movie channels just something more than public TV)

How much are cigarettes, milk, and movie theater tickets?

There are so many questions that I have about the little stuff, the everyday things. I'm planning a trip to Florida next month. I just want to get a jump on my research.

I hope that other parents, especially single parents, can understand why I'm asking. The cost of living in my book goes way beyond the electric bill and rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 09:38 PM

28 posts, read 91,663 times
What's the current price or average price for regular gas? 3.00 per gallon

I'm 31, excellent driving record, what would be the average cost of full coverage car insurance on a 2001 Honda Accord? (Not looking for a quote, just trying to get a feel for cost of living) I pay 220 for full coverage on 3 vehicles

How much is renter's insurance for a 2 bed apartment? I'm just a little nervous about the hurricanes. I want to get insurance for a piece of mind.I pay 400 per year

What's the cost of weekly child care? (All day care, 9 to 10 hrs, at a good educational based or learning center) 100-150 per week

What's the cost of of latchkey? (Both before and after school)100 per week

What's the average cost of school lunch for an elementary/middle school? 250 per day

What's the going rate for cable? (don't really need movie channels just something more than public TV) 100 for basic cable, internet and phone

How much are cigarettes, milk, and movie theater tickets? smokes are 375 per pack, milk 4.00 per gallon, 7.00 for movie tickets

There are so many questions that I have about the little stuff, the everyday things. I'm planning a trip to Florida next month. I just want to get a jump on my research.

I hope that other parents, especially single parents, can understand why I'm asking. The cost of living in my book goes way beyond the electric bill and rent.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:00 PM

5 posts, read 24,815 times
What's the current price or average price for regular gas? 3.00 per gallon Yup

I'm 31, excellent driving record, what would be the average cost of full coverage car insurance on a 2001 Honda Accord? (Not looking for a quote, just trying to get a feel for cost of living) I pay 220 for full coverage on 3 vehicles (Sounds about right)

How much is renter's insurance for a 2 bed apartment? I'm just a little nervous about the hurricanes. I want to get insurance for a piece of mind. I pay $336 per year for a townhome.

What's the cost of weekly child care? (All day care, 9 to 10 hrs, at a good educational based or learning center) 100-150 per week If you find a home daycare it could be cheaper

What's the going rate for a good 24 hour child care center? I'm not sure if we have those but I'm here if you ever need me :-)

What's the cost of of latchkey? (Both before and after school)100 per week

What's the average cost of school lunch for an elementary/middle school? 2.50 per day This is correct if you don't qualify for reduced lunch. Reduced is .30 for breakfast and .40 for lunch. You'll qualify so don't worry.

What's the going rate for cable? (don't really need movie channels just something more than public TV) 100 for basic cable, internet and phone Brighthouse cable is the boms when it comes to bundle packages

How much are cigarettes, milk, and movie theater tickets? smokes are 3.75 per pack, milk 4.00 per gallon, 7.00 for movie tickets. I get milk for about 3.50 a gallon

Most places are gas free so you'll just have to worry about water and electricity. Apartments tend to be alot cheaper when it comes to the electric bill.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:43 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,246,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR307 View Post
These questions are geared towards places in or around the Tampa area. If you are not familar with Tampa prices, I still value your input. Just let me know the area you are speaking about.

What's the current price or average price for regular gas?

I'm 31, excellent driving record, what would be the average cost of full coverage car insurance on a 2001 Honda Accord? (Not looking for a quote, just trying to get a feel for cost of living)

How much is renter's insurance for a 2 bed apartment? I'm just a little nervous about the hurricanes. I want to get insurance for a piece of mind.

What's the cost of weekly child care? (All day care, 9 to 10 hrs, at a good educational based or learning center)

What's the cost of of latchkey? (Both before and after school)

What's the average cost of school lunch for an elementary/middle school?

What's the going rate for cable? (don't really need movie channels just something more than public TV)

How much are cigarettes, milk, and movie theater tickets?

Gas is about $3/gallon
I have renters insurance on a 2 bedroom. It's about $250 for the year.
Theater tickets, about $9
My cable/internet combo is slightly over $100

Old 01-24-2008, 06:05 PM

548 posts, read 540,743 times
None of my business, but I can't resist.....if the cigarettes are for you and you are a single parent, do whatever it takes to stop. Seriously, whatever it takes.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:21 PM

192 posts, read 1,164,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post
None of my business, but I can't resist.....if the cigarettes are for you and you are a single parent, do whatever it takes to stop. Seriously, whatever it takes.
I probably wouldn't have spoken up without the benefit of the post from CJFlorida, but I completely agree about the cigarettes........children learn mostly from example and it's a good likelyhood that your child will pick up the habit. Not trying to lay a guilt trip on you but it's obvious that you care for enough about him/her do this research, so if you can quit smoking it will be a plus for both of you. Just throw the damn things out.....I did it 9 years ago and tens of thousands of others have too.....just do it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: