Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 08:20 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times

Advertisements

meh, It wears off. At least for me, the heat got to me.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:27 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,798 times
From what I can gather, the OP says there is sun on rainy days, the foilage is....green, there's blue skies on cloudy days, and they like humidity, palm trees and snakes. Sounds delirious to me. Might be heat stroke?

Old 07-18-2015, 08:36 PM

109 posts, read 162,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
From what I can gather, the OP says there is sun on rainy days, the foilage is....green, there's blue skies on cloudy days, and they like humidity, palm trees and snakes. Sounds delirious to me. Might be heat stroke?
OP is one of those people that from that youtube video of moving to FL cant be told you are wrong. Even if its not the right fit for them they will not be told NO lol

Old 07-18-2015, 08:54 PM

472 posts, read 547,716 times
Been here 3 yrs now so I’ll add a few more to your list:

- have you seen the beach up and down the coasts? It’s annoyingly beautiful
- those horribly colorful sunsets makes my eyes hurt
- fish are always biting, drives me nuts
- when winter comes, everything is still green - i have to mow the lawn in my shorts instead of bundling up to shovel snow
- there’s no frozen snow and blistering cold weather and fender benders and scraping ice, you’ll miss it a lot -- but you can minimize it by riding your bikes up and down the beach during winter and greet the snowbirds

Btw, just a tip that I've learn to tone down my enthusiasm being here after a while...it really annoys people. You get a newbie pass being a newcomer but that kind of happy go lucky behavior touting how great FL is is best left to the tourism dept. Welcome and enjoy. PS: Don't mind the negative posters...the people who likes it here are busy outdoor enjoying it.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:03 PM

109 posts, read 162,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiepoke View Post

- when winter comes, everything is still green - i have to mow the lawn in my shorts instead of bundling up to shovel snow
- there’s no frozen snow and blistering cold weather and fender benders and scraping ice, you’ll miss it a lot -- but you can minimize it by riding your bikes up and down the beach during winter and greet the snowbirds

Btw, just a tip that I've learn to tone down my enthusiasm being here after a while...it really annoys people. You get a newbie pass being a newcomer but that kind of happy go lucky behavior touting how great FL is is best left to the tourism dept. Welcome and enjoy. PS: Don't mind the negative posters...the people who likes it here are busy outdoor enjoying it.
you must have come from a real ****hole to think FL is "paradise"...serious

Old 07-18-2015, 09:12 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiepoke View Post

- when winter comes, everything is still green - i have to mow the lawn in my shorts instead of bundling up
to shovel snow
- there’s no frozen snow and blistering cold weather and fender benders and scraping ice, you’ll miss it a lot - but you can minimize it by riding your bikes up and down the beach during winter and greet the snowbirds

We've been here a little over four years now and we are still loving it. Yes, it's hot and sunny, but for some of us those are good things and just what we were seeking. I still feel blessed to live here. Each and every day I discover something new to be thankful for or admire. I wish everyone could find a place that brings them as much joy as Florida brings me.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:22 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
With all the complaining here from folks that live there, I'm surprised that Florida isn't empty!
LOL!!!

We just got back from a 10 day tour of your state and while I didn't like everything I saw (the worst was the garbage on the beaches) it doesn't seem like you all have that much to complain about.

My wife loved the hot humid weather. For me, it wasn't perfect but would have been if the thermostat was turned down about 5 degrees, maybe 10 depending on the day, where we were and if there was a breeze or not.
However, it sure wasn't awful!

So, to all the complainers, why do you stay in Florida?

Old 07-18-2015, 09:23 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
I have only lived in Florida for a week but here is the list so far.
  • The constant sunshine, even while its raining.
  • Always seeing blue skies even when its cloudy.
  • How the rains cools down a hot day.
  • The continual warm humid breezes.
  • The never ending palm trees.
  • The abundant wildlife, birds, lizards, frogs, snakes, etc, etc, etc....
  • The foliage is so green.

Not to mention everyone is always saying "Have a wonderful day"
[*]The constant sunshine, even while its raining.
I am usually too busy trying to see the end of the hood of my own car, trying to figure out what the pick up truck with hanging chrome testicles in front of me is trying to do because his blinkers are on, while hoping the next guy speeding behind me with a salt life sticker on, doesn't end up in my backseat. to notice the sunshine
[*]Always seeing blue skies even when its cloudy.
How? you mean blue clouds perhaps you are talking about what people would call partly cloudy? At any rate your easily amused
[*]How the rains cools down a hot day.
I think it goes unbearable humidity followed by a monsoon, I guess it cools down for about five minutes before the heat goes back on full
[*]The continual warm humid breezes.
nothing with the word humid in it is good unless you are in a sauna
[*]The never ending palm trees.
Sure, if you are into that sort of thing
[*]The abundant wildlife, birds, lizards, frogs, snakes, etc, etc, etc....
Really frogs and snakes. Are the mosquitos, flesh eating bacteria and palmetto bugs in your etc etc
[*]The foliage is so green.
Foliage tends to be green, people go to New England in the fall to see the foliage and different colors, but green is the standard color of foliage, what else do you like striped zebras? transparent glass?

Old 07-18-2015, 10:01 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Does "reverse westerly wind flow" and "I never get any rain" sound familiar to you?
Heh,heh,heh - hammer,nail,head.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:37 AM

472 posts, read 547,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez8 View Post
you must have come from a real ****hole to think FL is "paradise"...serious
I wouldn't call FL "paradise", and I wouldn't call previous cities I've lived in (VA/DC and Dallas) ****hole either...serious. I just like it a whole lot more than those other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay