Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2015, 03:42 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I live by...if you can make it in New York you can make it anywhere...we were successful in NY under very competitive circumstances...we came to Florida with guaranteed income and enjoyed a fantastic lifestyle...we were hurt when the bubble burst but that is not Florida's fault...but rather our own for not recognizing that it was not sustainable...we regrouped and when homes were at an all time low we bought smart and are now sitting pretty...if you come to Florida with nothing chances are you will not enjoy living here or anywhere...
Excactly. Sinatra told us "if you can make it here you can make it anywhere". It's the drive we have inborn to us and we learn it quickly growing up.

The housing bubble was a double edged sword for us. In 2005 we were able to sell at an amazing profit but in turn we paid a lot more for our new abode.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:01 PM

135 posts, read 138,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Let me quote exactly what I wrote in response to Post 199. "Where are u getting the 15% lower figure and in what industries?"

Thus the WTF response. I wrote one sentence.
The hilarity continues.

Now go back and read my original question, which you still have not answered.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:21 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogler View Post
The hilarity continues.

Good luck with that.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:23 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
It is those who came with nothing and who left with nothing that are the major complainers and have to spout their rhetoric as some method of "getting even" with all that went wrong for them here. We dont see many career oriented people here. We dont see many of those who live in 3 bedroom houses with pools complaining here. The people we do see complain that wages are low, rents are high, car insurance is ultra expensive and of course how hot it is here in the most southern state in the CONUS. And they blame it all on the state. What a joke.
I think its the opposite, I think people move from crappy places/situations/lives and they set the bar so low that they choose to focus on the weather and paint everything rosy.
I made a very good living in NYC I make a very good living here, my house in NJ cost a couple of 100k's more than the one in South Tampa but not much more it wasn't like it was half the price, same size, same age, same type of neighborhood. It is not awful here but it is way too hot for anyone but lizards, rents are high, car insurance is high, and the average household income is lower none of those things affect me personally but that doesn't mean they are not true. I hate the state of Florida and its regressive politics, I like Tampa I think it has a nice mix of suburbs and urban core, I dont care for the lack of public transportation and sprawl it doeskin affect me personally but again it is still true, I love my neighborhood and immediate surrounding areas but that doesn't mean I wished i would not be like stepping into a sauna the minute I opened the door in the morning. Seeing things for what they are and not how you want them to be doesn't make a negative or miserable person.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:24 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
That's an exaggeration. The H&H is a factor from mid-June to the end of Sept., maybe 3 1/2 months, 4 months tops if it hangs on till the 2nd week of October.

IF weather is your sole criteria, check out Lake Chapala in central Mexico...we lived there 5 years and National Geographic rates it the '2nd best climate on the planet.'

We reluctantly left and moved to FL;we immensely enjoy our life in Gulfport while we deal with a failing elderly parent.

We always thought we'd return to Lake Chapala full-time once our presence in the US is no longer needed. But we enjoy Gulfport's walkability and vibe so much that we think we'll stay here and go to the Lago for a few months in the summer, rather than return full-time.

Everyone finds their own piece of paradise, sometimes two!
It's mid May till around Oct 10th.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:26 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
People said that about me a few years back. Well, here I am and I love and appreciate it even more than at first. Plenty have come and plenty have remained.
Quantity does not always equate to quality. I happen to like parts of Florida, but the bad outweighed the good for QOL for us.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:05 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogler View Post
The hilarity continues.

Do you read the quoted parts? Try skipping them.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:05 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Are you familiar with the term "outliers?"
Yes. They are all the ones you choose to discount.....LOL!

Are you aware we have grown to be the third largest state? All them there "outliers".

Old 07-23-2015, 05:09 PM

135 posts, read 138,610 times
Quote:
Do you read the quoted parts? Try skipping them.
Try not wasting everyone's time by quoting a giant amount of text.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Quantity does not always equate to quality. I happen to like parts of Florida, but the bad outweighed the good for QOL for us.
Well then I am happy you were able to leave and I hope you found somewhere to live that you love. I know we did. Then again, we enjoyed other places we have lived before. For us, it just kept getting better and better with each move that we made. And now we are living in the best place of all for us. I will assume you are happy for us, the OP and all the other members who are posting how much they love living here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay