Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 12:36 PM

593 posts, read 667,678 times

Advertisements

From a former NY'er what i love about Florida is:

1- The perfect beaches. Even in August its not to hot to hang out at the beach. If you get hot go in the water.
2- State parks......God they are awesome places to hike
3- The tropical/semi tropical landscape
4- Not having to scrape ice off my car 4-5 months a year
5- Rarely ever seeing a pothole while driving

There is a thousand things i could ***** about if i wanted but whats the use? I live in Florida so i take Florida for what it is and make the best of it. I dont try to make Florida like NY, b/c if i liked NY that much maybe i should move my fat ass back up there. If you are going to move to Florida and complain that its hot you should probably lay off your lead paint chip diet.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:26 PM

473 posts, read 544,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
OP has been quiet lately.......

Reality setting in?

what the hell did I do? It's hotter than hell down here, isn't it?

Sorry, I have been outside everyday enjoying this glorious weather.

Loving it

Old 08-11-2015, 07:52 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,339,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Wow. You're so right about the "real feel." often time people don't take the dew point and humidity into consideration. I'm calling BS on anyone who says they like the feel of 114F.

I'm currently at 77F with a real feel of 79F. It's raining so humidity is 100%.
114F real feel, geez.

I just checked tomorrow for Largo (which is a COOLER part of FL) and the real feel is 107F. Don't miss it one bit!

Old 08-15-2015, 06:13 AM

228 posts, read 171,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Has anyone ever told you that your posts just sound like somebody who's trying way too hard to convince themself that they want to be here?
No it doesn't. It sounds like genuine happiness.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
But you do see why they were? The OP invited that behavior.
I know, right. I hate when people make bad things happen to them. What are you, a grade school bully?

Old 08-15-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
t the other 9 months of hellish-like heat & humidity just doesn't seem worth it to me.
You must have a medical condition that makes you hot all the time.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
It is not for everyone, but some people think it is for no one.
Those people would do well to keep their pale, whiny, miserable sourpuss butts in the northeast with all the other pale, whiny, miserable, sourpusses. The rest of us like to have fun.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez8 View Post
Arent the best medical centers in the country in the NE?
[/quote]

Yeah, it's a great place to be when you're sick!

Quote:
Yea but wages are 15% less than the average nationwide, so they wash or you comeout less when factoring in the increase in insurance costs...
No the math does not work like that, if housing is roughly 300% the average in places like NYC.

Quote:
Ever been on Fletcher Ave 9am on a Tuesday, or try to leave a lightning game when there is a convention going on? Think outside your neighborhood and you will find this is really untrue. No public transport either.
I have no idea what this even means. There in fact is some public transportation throughout al metro areas in Florida however.

Quote:
You obviously have never been ice fishing on a lake in Wisconsin or Hunting in the spring in Minnesota..
You have got to be kidding me. I would *literally* rather commit suicide than waste 20 hours trying to catch a fish in icy water. Is there something I'm missing? Are you disabled and can't participate in actual sports , you know the ones which require physical movement? Do you just like killing innocent animals because mommy and daddy didn't love you enough?

Quote:
Endless cookie cutter subdivisions and a city that sprawls 5 counties is your thing? Thats cool
Unlike the rest of the country...you have obviously never been to Long Island.

Quote:
Stopped reading here, average wages are 15% less than the national average.
Sucks for you if you haven't figured out how to work for yourself by now. No wonder you're so miserable.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:39 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
what I didn't dislike about Florida when I lived there (Orlando, Palatka, Deltona, Daytona Beach)

The smell, that musty tropical scent just so different than what I was use to
slower pace lifestyle; interactions with service persons, bar folks, people on the beach, etc.,
jungle plants
the quick arrival and passing of the summer rain showers

Old 08-15-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Come on, he even went as far as to make an entire thread on the Tampa forum providing photos of the so-called horrible scenery in the Northeast. And he had the "Why can't people be happy for us?" thread...and now he's asking us the same question. I think he's a little angry that his social circle from up north isn't happy for him, and that anger is carrying over onto this forum.

The OP wanted to rile people up from the get go. It's obvious.
Wow, the drama and psychoanalysis. How buttmad everyone is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay