Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2015, 10:12 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,199,291 times

Advertisements

We'll be permanent residents in about three weeks!! Can't wait!

Old 08-17-2015, 11:37 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
I apologize again for not being on the forum and this thread so much.

Been out enjoying the beautiful weather, sunshine, sand, surf and state

Loving it
It'd be great if you could provide some extended thoughts instead of the same cheerleader sentences.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:22 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,005,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
It'd be great if you could provide some extended thoughts instead of the same cheerleader sentences.
After we experienced the great deluge for a week, he said "I been outside all day enjoying the sunshine" why bother with other people's delusion.

Last edited by DUNNDFRNT; 08-17-2015 at 12:59 PM..

Old 08-17-2015, 12:45 PM

4 posts, read 4,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavs View Post
As someone considering a move to Tampa from Rhode Island, this is what gets me everytime about the naysayers who live in FL: do you have any idea how expensive and stressful it is to live north of the Mason-Dixon?
While I do not, I have always played it safe and refuse to live North of the Mason-Dixon line. About 16 or 17 years ago I was working for a company with an office near Bethesda MD and they closed it, telling us all how they were going to pay for us to be relocated to Saginaw. I penned my resignation on a napkin during the sales pitch to relocate.

I have passed on job offers that pay more in locations like NYC, Chicago, Cleveland, and Boulder. Too landlocked, too cold.

I like RI, as a place to visit and sail but that's my limit.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:46 PM

473 posts, read 543,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Nope, I don't need to tell you anything. What I will say is that I have been spending my time outside enjoying the wonderful heat, sun, sand and surf.

If that's cheer leading then so be it.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:19 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
Nope, I don't need to tell you anything. What I will say is that I have been spending my time outside enjoying the wonderful heat, sun, sand and surf.

If that's cheer leading then so be it.
It's good you're enjoying a "real feel" of 117F. Not many people can say they enjoy that, especially being out in the sun.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:29 PM

29 posts, read 30,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formstone View Post
While I do not, I have always played it safe and refuse to live North of the Mason-Dixon line. About 16 or 17 years ago I was working for a company with an office near Bethesda MD and they closed it, telling us all how they were going to pay for us to be relocated to Saginaw. I penned my resignation on a napkin during the sales pitch to relocate.

I have passed on job offers that pay more in locations like NYC, Chicago, Cleveland, and Boulder. Too landlocked, too cold.

I like RI, as a place to visit and sail but that's my limit.
That's about all it's worth to me. What's ironic (and what started me on this whole "move to Florida" beat) is that my wife is from FL and now that she's experienced it, loves the 4 seasons. I've been here all of my life and am over it. Even more so when you add in the high cost of living and ruthless taxation.

Kicking myself that years ago I didn't take a pay cut and move for a dream job near Daytona. But then again, I wouldn't have met my wife! Just need to convince her we've been here long enough and can always visit.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:16 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,892,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
It's good you're enjoying a "real feel" of 117F. Not many people can say they enjoy that, especially being out in the sun.
My little cuban and I just came in from floating in the pool. We found it very enjoyable out there.

The real feel is not 117 at our house......LOL! Plus, it is actually 6 degrees COOLER at our house than it is in Raleigh right now.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:24 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
My little cuban and I just came in from floating in the pool. We found it very enjoyable out there.

The real feel is not 117 at our house......LOL! Plus, it is actually 6 degrees COOLER at our house than it is in Raleigh right now.
I guess if you're in the pool it will be cooler.

According to AccuWeather the real feel right now is 98F in Raleigh and 107F in Tampa. It said the real feel high today was going to be 117F in Tampa.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:30 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,892,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
According to AccuWeather the real feel right now is 98F in Raleigh and 107F in Tampa. It said the real feel high today was going to be 117F in Tampa.
I am using Accuweather as well and by the numbers you just used, you have agreed it is cooler at our house than in Raleigh right now....LOL!

And BTW - What you claim it said it was "going to be" and what it actually is, are completely different according to what you just posted.....yet you decided to use the number you knew was incorrect originally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay