Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 05:50 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Why would anyone not be happy for someone who is happy?
It's the tone and the way the OP's thread was worded. It seems he intended to stir the pot, but then he says he won't engage the people he intended to tick off. Just my observation.

Last edited by Not_liking_FL; 07-19-2015 at 05:58 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 06:03 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
It's the tone and the way the OP's thread was worded. It seems he intended to stir the pot, but then he says he won't engage the people he intended to tick off. Just my observation.
Because OP has made multiple comments about how awesome Florida was before moving here, and then made this thread within a week of moving.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:08 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Because OP has made multiple comments about how awesome Florida was before moving here, and then made this thread within a week of moving.
Right. Who is going to know how awesome a place is after a few vacations and a week. Hell, he's still on vacation at this point.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:34 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I believe you're right with that observation.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:44 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Its the self back patting that's annoying IMO. I always enjoy the "life is too short", "negativity", "positivity" crowd,. Personally my happiness is not defined by the weather, no matter where you are you can always find things to enjoy, to me my happiness revolves around my family and loved ones as long as they are around and healthy I am good, but that doesnt mean I dont hate the afternoon monsoons or the humidity therapy sessions I am forced to endure, at the end of the day as a NY'er I adapt and thrive anywhere.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:25 PM

473 posts, read 544,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Why would anyone not be happy for someone who is happy?
Exactly

Old 07-19-2015, 09:03 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
...that doesnt mean I dont hate the afternoon monsoons or the humidity therapy sessions I am forced to endure...
If you hate it, why do you stay?
How are you "forced to endure" all that you hate?

Old 07-19-2015, 09:18 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
If you hate it, why do you stay?
How are you "forced to endure" all that you hate?
Because for whatever reason Tampa Bay is where your family is thriving...you will deal with the downside...

Old 07-19-2015, 10:47 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
With all the complaining here from folks that live there, I'm surprised that Florida isn't empty!

So, to all the complainers, why do you stay in Florida?
Sure beats me.
I've a feeling they'd be the complaining types wherever they lived.
The grass isn't always greener on the other side but if you like sunshine and an outdoor lifestyle then Florida is perfect.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:59 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I can only say from my own experience and moving from across the Ocean that the first months it was like vacation and only after a longer time we got to see the pros and cons and honestly at that time the cons very little to none.

Over the last years we have seen more cons are more disturbing to us but that is not related to Florida alone. The racism that is higher then ever and never was there talk as much as in the last 7 years.

Regarding Florida's cons I think I have to stick to the lack of prosecution of people driving without a license and letting them drive off and the people who get behind the wheel again after a DUI.

But then I don't know if other States are better with these types of issues than Florida or not.

We see a lot of tenants coming here is Lalaland mood and then moving back soon thereafter since Florida is not LaLa land but a State where people work hard and are not looking for people who just think Floridians are waiting for Northerners to do the jobs for higher money and many have seen that contractors from up North may not to be trusted as much as the ones who are longer here as many have scammed clients and took off with their money to go back North.

The percentage of lease break by non Floridians moving here is way higher as many rent site unseen and with the believe they have a job over here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay