Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:18 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,892,988 times

Advertisements

We moved here 3 years ago from NC. We very much enjoyed NC, as it was a huge upgrade from MA, but we always knew this is where we wanted to be at or near retirement. We loved it from the start, including the year round weather.....however, some said that was just the honeymoon phase.

Well, now that the honeymoon is well past, I can honestly say we love being here even more than in the first year. I am so glad we moved when we did, bought when & where we did and so happy that more family members have decided to move here as well.

I can guarantee you one thing. I love it here so dang much, that I will live right here in this house until the day that I day. A little dark humor there, but it is also my true feelings.

Thanking my lucky stars.

I am also glad that the overwhelming majority of people we have met here, in person, really enjoy living here as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 08:12 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,408,064 times
Good post, NPG. It only saddens me to hear about how your health came down shortly after you found your final destination. Well I guess that's a double meaning now. It's the journey that matters, the past 7 years I've lived in the US and in different countries, and a lot has changed in my priorities along the way.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:23 PM

7,769 posts, read 6,375,189 times
We have lived in 4 states, Florida is the only one we ever came back to.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:32 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,892,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Good post, NPG. It only saddens me to hear about how your health came down shortly after you found your final destination. Well I guess that's a double meaning now. It's the journey that matters, the past 7 years I've lived in the US and in different countries, and a lot has changed in my priorities along the way.
I look at it this way. It's good I got accustomed to the heat....right? ROTFLMAO!

Oh, I am cracking myself up tonight.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:40 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,408,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I look at it this way. It's good I got accustomed to the heat....right? ROTFLMAO!

In your situation, I would not be able to keep posting on here and looking on the bright side of things in life. You sound like a great person.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:52 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,212 times
Quote:

You're cracking me up too.

We've been here over four years and still love it. I think for those of us who lived other places, did our research before making the move here, and like to be warm, Florida is amazing.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:21 PM

147 posts, read 173,586 times
With so many negative posts about FL I've read over the last couple of years, all while researching, this one puts a huge smile on my face, makes my heart happy. NPG, not sure what is going on, but I wish you well, and most importantly, that you're comfortable. I'm so happy, you're happy you made the right decision

I'm originally from NC, we've lived in NY for two years, then Malden, MA for one year, and then moved to my husband's hometown in IL in 2005. We've been seriously talking about moving to FL for the past two years. We were loving the Gulf side, then East Coast (better territory, all depending on hubs job transfer). Just in the last two weeks, our hearts are leaning towards the Gulf Coast again, so many arrows point this way. We're about 20 years out from retirement, but we know FL is where we want to live, raise our kids, retire, when the time comes.

Totally agree with Sunnydee, your statement is spot on.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:37 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,889,493 times
Quote:

Thanking my lucky stars.

I am also glad that the overwhelming majority of people we have met here, in person, really enjoy living here as well.
I also thank my lucky stars!!

Old 08-15-2015, 08:32 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
NPG, I am so glad you are still enjoying life here, despite your current circumstances. I am a firm believer that happiness where you are makes a big difference in your overall health and being able to cope with things. So it is so good that you finally made it to where you always wanted to be.

Having lived here my entire life, I myself absolutely love Florida, (in particular the Gulf coast) and can hardly imagine living anywhere else. We love hour current house and neighborhood so much, we will probably be here til the day we die, too!

Old 08-15-2015, 05:15 PM

240 posts, read 286,748 times
NPG, you've only been here 3 years? How the heck did you get to be a moderator?

I've unfortunately been here in Pinellas for 45 years. Maybe that's why I'm not happy, I can remember it before our current population explosion. Make no mistake, if and when we get hit by a major hurricane, things are going to be very ugly for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay