Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 12:30 AM

114 posts, read 250,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Um... been to ANY other sports venue before?

Hell, even in Tampa, the Amalie arena is not exactly the easiest place to get in and out of... parking is always an issue

Raymond James Stadium is a ***** to get out of.

Ever been to a U.F. football game? Forget about it...

Fact is, the Trop is RIGHT next to the interstate, you literally have to drive NO local roads to get there. You cannot say that about very many venues in all of America...

Leaving ANY venue is ridiculous. You can't build roads to support the egress of 40,000 people all at once

That's complete bull****.

Firstoff, you mention MSG and Shea stadium... most people take the subway

You mention UF and FSU games?? I WENT to UF, and have been to FSU games, you are stuck in traffic for HOURS. All local roads, it's ridiculous. Atlanta? It's a joke 24x7. Baltimore, you have light rail, so that helps

So 2 things with this, You can use 9th street, 4th street, go west to 34th street. You have LOTS of local road options besides I-275.

And your comment about St. Pete being ghetto. Sure, South St. Pete is pretty ghetto. And if they put the trop IN south st. pete, you might have a legitimate argument, but it's really not in a bad part of town. In Ybor, it would be right in the middle of the Hood...

Oh, and Ybor... what road would you use to get in and out of Ybor? I-4... it's WORSE than 275

your posts make no sense and your FAIL argument saying that UF and FSU football games are easy to get in and out of are a JOKE. Hell, I went up for July 3 fanfares and fireworks and it took over an hour to get out of there! And that was for a couple thousand people, tops!

I've been to plenty of sports venues on the East and Gulf Coast, and the Trop still sucks when people show up (which is what we want, right?)"

I never said anything about Amalie being easy, because it's not.

Ray Jay is not bad at all. I go to USF and Bucs games and once you get out of the immediate Dale Mabry area it's absolute cake.

UF football is a chore sometimes, but you're comparing a metropolitan region to a college town. I expect things to get a bit gummed up in a town whose sole existence hinges on UF, but definitely not in a top 25 media market.

Atlanta sucks. Still better than the Trop. Baltimore and all the northeast cities have transit WHICH MAKES THEM CONSIDERABLY MORE ACCESSIBLE THAN THE TROP.

You miss my point, yes people from St. Pete can use local roads, but the majority of people who watch the Rays come from north or east of Tampa Bay. Tampa is more centrally located for everybody.

Google the Trop's address. It's in south St. Pete (I live in the southside, but anybody who uses "ghetto" to describe a region probably won't).

Once again, you miss my point. Ybor gives you options to get there, St. Pete gives you one option.

My argument still standa, you originally asked if I'd ever been to another sporting event and I listed all the places I had attended events. I never once claimed that UF or FSU was easy to get into, but that the Trop is still worse. Being worse than garbage is still garbage brother . Are you sure you went to UF and not Santa Fe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 07:20 AM

53 posts, read 38,790 times
I don't ever have any problems getting in and out of the Trop. Don't understand the hate of the Trop. I think building a stadium in the Feather Sound area is ludicrous. It's like 10 minutes from the Trop. Do they REALLY help moving it 10 minutes closer to Tampa is going to help?

There seems to be a big stigma about crossing the bridge here in Tampa Bay

Old 08-20-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Every time you post, it makes me wonder if you've ever been to Tampa, much less lived in it.

With that said, the biggest ghetto in Ybor is in the process of being torn down now. It would make an interesting spot for a baseball stadium, though I'd still but it near Channelside.
Not to defend that guy, but where exactly would you build a stadium in ybor?

The area referred to East of 22nd ave is really ghetto, as is the immediate area North of I-4, pretty much as far as the eye can see.

I would never live in Ybor and probably would not go to a game there unless the area was REALLY cleaned up, and really the only decent area in Ybor is the immediate 4 or so blocks on either side of 7th ave East of Nuccio Parkway and West of 22nd ave. And consequently that entire area is built-up, nowhere to put a stadium

Old 08-20-2015, 07:40 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,011,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardMan8 View Post
Not to defend that guy, but where exactly would you build a stadium in ybor?
Read the second part of my comment that you quoted.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
Perhaps moving the team over to Tampa might increase attendance but who would take such a financial gamble to build a new stadium in Tampa on the chance that attendance might increase..
Whats the current cost to build a stadium and all its infrastructure these days?
Or will tax payers foot the bill?
http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/currentcost.htm

Old 08-20-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Perhaps moving the team over to Tampa might increase attendance but who would take such a financial gamble to build a new stadium in Tampa on the chance that attendance might increase..
Whats the current cost to build a stadium and all its infrastructure these days?
$0. Taxpayers usually cover the cost.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Read the second part of my comment that you quoted.
You do not say where you would build it in Ybor. You said, and I quote...

Quote:
With that said, the biggest ghetto in Ybor is in the process of being torn down now. It would make an interesting spot for a baseball stadium
So where exactly is that??? You said nothing of exact location other than "it's being torn down now".

Quote:
though I'd still but it near Channelside.
Channelside is not ybor, if that's what you meant

Old 08-20-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
$0. Taxpayers usually cover the cost.
They usually don't cover all the cost. I think it's absurd that local governments pay for stadiums for multi-billionaires

Old 08-20-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardMan8 View Post
So where exactly is that??? You said nothing of exact location other than "it's being torn down now".
After doing some research, I had my projects mixed up. Here's a map of the projects I was originally talking about, which could, realistically, also be demolished and residents relocated:

The projects that are actually being torn down are up the road at North Boulevard Homes in West Tampa. While it would make an interesting location, I like the Mayor's idea better.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
After doing some research, I had my projects mixed up. Here's a map of the projects I was originally talking about, which could, realistically, also be demolished and residents relocated:

The projects that are actually being torn down are up the road at North Boulevard Homes in West Tampa. While it would make an interesting location, I like the Mayor's idea better.
Oh, so you were wrong, thanks for admitting that. There is no buildable vacant land that would fit a stadium anywhere in Ybor.

They HAVE torn down the projects on the OTHER side of Nebraska. But regardless, I was referring to what's there now. It's currently not empty property, or even a construction site, it's affordable housing.

And for the record, yes, the area will be much better once all those people are relocated. I feel sorry for the neighborhoods where they will be relocated to however
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay