Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 08:19 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,198,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
We are still waiting for the $2,500.00 reduction we were promised. Maybe Florida is exempt from that promise.

Plus, unlike what we were promised, we lost our healthcare plan we loved and our doctor we loved. Maybe Florida is exempt from those promises, too. Glad we were able to find another great doctor here. That is one of the benefits of living where we do. Lots of great medical care.
Who promised you $2500 reduction in your premium?

Old 08-27-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Thank Gov. Scott for the high premiums.

He and the idiots in the Legislature opted out of the Medicaid expansion program knowing this is the raod that we'd end up on. It was a silly dumb political move that hurts all FLA residents. ALL states that opted out are 'enjoying' higher premiums, Florida's is the highest increase.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Blame the voters who vote against their interest to keep this guy in office and now they are the first to complain . I still can't understand people who vote against their interest, not only on this issue but in many other areas, year after year. Until people are able to see past the right wing talking heads and see through them, that's what we get unfortunately.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:05 AM

299 posts, read 377,373 times
The Medicaid expansion has nothing to do with Obamacare. As one who has it, it is crappy.. Super high deductible, voluminous amounts of paper work, and I am told my policy will not be available January 1st. Hopefully I will have a job then.
One only has to look at the VA to see how effective government is at running healthcare!

Old 08-27-2015, 09:15 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,712,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Who promised you $2500 reduction in your premium?
I guess you didn't pay attention to that part when it was promised...like you can keep your doctor and if you like your plan you can keep it.... All lies!

And even that it came out they had to sell the lie is not enough for some people to understand but I understand that getting freebies when you don't pay taxes is better paying taxes and having others pay or your health care is great but it is never for free, as someone else is paying for it and they are all sick and tired of it!

Old 08-27-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I guess you didn't pay attention to that part when it was promised...like you can keep your doctor and if you like your plan you can keep it.... All lies!

And even that it came out they had to sell the lie is not enough for some people to understand but I understand that getting freebies when you don't pay taxes is better paying taxes and having others pay or your health care is great but it is never for free, as someone else is paying for it and they are all sick and tired of it!
You are jumping all over the place as always.

Not having a medicaid expansion is in Scott. YOU as a republican should have known better and not vote for this guy. Period. Send him your disgust and let him know about that than whining here.

Are you arguing that Obamacare did not slow down health care cost rise? What exactly are you arguing?

Old 08-27-2015, 09:35 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,120,789 times
Quote:
Wow, that's a crappy health insurance from her employer. Is that a single person coverage through her work? FYI, in my job the premium for a single person is $0.
Yes a single person and her employer is alo paying what she pays is her half. That's why we are moving in sept would be sooner but she got the job last month her old boss is keeping it open for her because we had to sign another yrs lease here and we need to save $$$ to hire a moving company and our old Landloard in Chicago has a townhome with our name on it waiting for us. She will go from $50,000 to $60,000 right away and free medical a top tier plan in Chicago. Right now she can't afford to see a doctor her insurance is bc/bs of Florida. She checked into Obama care it was higher than she is paying now, older Americans got the shaft big time when Obama care kicked in, just o older people like my wife can pay for birth controll for other younger woman, funny thing no one paid for my wife birth controll. Sorry the wether is nice here but the pay and medical care is not as good as it is in Chicago ,better doctors and way better hospitals up north heck that's we're most of the med schools are in the north. Her old boss just acquired 15 dental pratices this year or a total of 25 pratices my wife will run the whole insurance part of the business.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Yes a single person and her employer is alo paying what she pays is her half. That's why we are moving in sept would be sooner but she got the job last month her old boss is keeping it open for her because we had to sign another yrs lease here and we need to save $$$ to hire a moving company and our old Landloard in Chicago has a townhome with our name on it waiting for us. She will go from $50,000 to $60,000 right away and free medical a top tier plan in Chicago. Right now she can't afford to see a doctor her insurance is bc/bs of Florida. She checked into Obama care it was higher than she is paying now, older Americans got the shaft big time when Obama care kicked in, just o older people like my wife can pay for birth controll for other younger woman, funny thing no one paid for my wife birth controll. Sorry the wether is nice here but the pay and medical care is not as good as it is in Chicago ,better doctors and way better hospitals up north heck that's we're most of the med schools are in the north. Her old boss just acquired 15 dental pratices this year or a total of 25 pratices my wife will run the whole insurance part of the business.
Best of luck man! It seems that is a good decision for you all.

This is why most people really need to account for the whole "benefit" part of a job. Salary means nothing if the employer is going to nickle and dime you with lots of things.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:39 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,120,789 times
Quote:
Best of luck man! It seems that is a good decision for you all.

This is why most people really need to account for the whole "benefit" part of a job. Salary means nothing if the employer is going to nickle and dime you with lots of things.
The only reason we came here was my wife was recruted by a national recruiting firm for a big dental Pratice in St. Pet same wages that she was making in Chicago at that time. The medical was good at first but now it's not sustainable with her not getting any raises since she has been here and turnes the Pratice to a multi million one. So she reached out to her old boss in Chicago and her timeing could not be better.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:43 AM

6,613 posts, read 5,003,538 times
Quote:
You are jumping all over the place as always.

Not having a medicaid expansion is in Scott. YOU as a republican should have known better and not vote for this guy. Period. Send him your disgust and let him know about that than whining here.

Are you arguing that Obamacare did not slow down health care cost rise? What exactly are you arguing?
He means the conservative talking point about how Obama said that the ACA would result in a cut of $2500 in health care COSTS for a typical family. The costs including not just premiums but out of pocket costs,employer costs and taxes to pay for public insurance programs. So COSTS as opposed to just premiums, and a typical family not the poster. It seems that a lot of people have problems with the meaning of the words average and typical, they refer to their own personal experience or someone they know as the reality.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:44 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,116,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
The only reason we came here was my wife was recruted by a national recruiting firm for a big dental Pratice in St. Pet same wages that she was making in Chicago at that time. The medical was good at first but now it's not sustainable with her not getting any raises since she has been here and turnes the Pratice to a multi million one. So she reached out to her old boss in Chicago and her timeing could not be better.
I don't believe you when you say a multi million dollar company provides such terrible insurance to their employees. Either you do not understand your wife's coverage correctly or you are lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay