U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:48 PM

3 posts, read 11,930 times

Advertisements

Me and my girlfriend are both in our 20's and we are moving to Florida. I was wondering what are the nice parts of Tampa and St.Petersburg for us to live in. Anyone think one is nicer than the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 02:58 PM

367 posts, read 1,536,956 times
Just posted this on another thread....

I love Florida, I live 2 minutes from the beach, am in a non flood zone, non evacuation zone. I have rarely experienced winds over 35 miles an hour, except when hurricanes were around. My house stood all the most recent ones in the last few years.
Just had to clear up the bits of tree twigs from the yard. I have not experienced crime, walk my dog very late at night around my (non gated) subdivision. Can walk to shops, am close to almost anything you can think of, can drive to Tampa Airport in 30 minutes, have many lovely neighbours of all ages, and think the school system in my area is wonderful and that's because I have two teens in high school and they have been in our school system since we came here in 1999.
Yes there are some unfortunate parts of Tampa Bay area, I prefer Pinellas to Hillsborough, it's a bit slower and less congested (though we have those areas too!)
It has more areas of character and history and we do of course have miles and miles of lovely, clean and FREE beaches.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:00 PM

367 posts, read 1,536,956 times
PS I think St Pete, near downtown would be best for you as younger people who want to get out at night, and be in a more lively environment.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:13 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,625,345 times
In my opinion:
Nice parts of the city of Tampa would be in South Tampa areas like Hyde Park, Davis and Harbour Islands, Beach Park, Sunset Park and neighborhoods along Bayshore Blvd.

Nice parts in the city of St. Pete are northeast of downtown, east of 4 Street to the Bay.

St. Pete has a laid back atmosphere, a little more artsy, nice downtown, and beautiful Gulf Beaches about 15 minutes from downtown.
Tampa is bigger and busier, seems to be alot more happening in Tampa(concerts, sporting events, theater, airport, business)..but its nice to have them both so close(about 20 miles from each other), and to be able to take advantage of both cities amenities.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:23 PM

94 posts, read 332,064 times
One word - GASPARILLA. Seriously at your age if you can afford it South Tampa is the place to be...

Old 01-28-2008, 05:13 PM

497 posts, read 1,397,456 times
I just looked up Gasparilla and that looks fun!!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:17 PM

849 posts, read 3,204,340 times
Default one day

a year. It's not Mardi Gras. Is one day worth moving to a place for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
I just looked up Gasparilla and that looks fun!!

Old 01-29-2008, 02:31 PM

94 posts, read 332,064 times
Well let's see there's also the bars and restaurants proximity to the St Pete Times Forum where they host 40+ lightning games, all the top concert acts. Proximity to Raymond James/Bucs proximity to sailing on Davis Island, Proximity to Tampa International Airport proximity to the best mall in Tampa, ability to walk to shopping & nightlife in many instances. Other than that not much reason to live in South Tampa if you're young...

Old 01-29-2008, 02:46 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,625,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Gator View Post
Well let's see there's also the bars and restaurants proximity to the St Pete Times Forum where they host 40+ lightning games, all the top concert acts. Proximity to Raymond James/Bucs proximity to sailing on Davis Island, Proximity to Tampa International Airport proximity to the best mall in Tampa, ability to walk to shopping & nightlife in many instances. Other than that not much reason to live in South Tampa if you're young...
Dont leave out all the other recreational activities in proximity to South Tampa like blading, biking, jogging along Bayshore Linear Park and Friendship Trailbridge, Fishing off the Pier at Ballast Point or Picnic Island or Gandy Piers, all the local neighborhood parks, attempting a Beach Day on Tampa Bay at Picnic Island or Cypress Point Park, Kayaking in the waterways along the bay, Picnic Island Kayak launches, Ballast POint, Davis Islands and downtown along the river, etc....

Old 01-29-2008, 02:47 PM

849 posts, read 3,204,340 times
Default there you go

that's what I was getting at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Gator View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or