Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 10:01 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,635,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Hardly. Do you realize how large Clearwater is and how little of it is taken up by Scientologists? I guess L.A. must be one too.
If clearwater is another wealthy retired community then it stands to reason scientology is trying to draw them in. Try to find poor or middle class in the church. They have been hit with so much negativity from the members who have fled the organization it has had to affect the coffers. When the likes of travoltas,cruises are no longer a draw who knows what their status will be. Its a cult, not a legitimate religious affiliation. Theres been enough exposees on this outfit on the national level you couldnt have possibly missed it. I was in Clearwater years ago and the news then was the lawsuits against them and trouble they were in.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:14 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,864,460 times
Remember everyone, we are all entitled to our own opinions and that is ok. Let's keep it nice between each other and keep the topic an informative one.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
If clearwater is another wealthy retired community then it stands to reason scientology is trying to draw them in. Try to find poor or middle class in the church. They have been hit with so much negativity from the members who have fled the organization it has had to affect the coffers. When the likes of travoltas,cruises are no longer a draw who knows what their status will be. Its a cult, not a legitimate religious affiliation. Theres been enough exposees on this outfit on the national level you couldnt have possibly missed it. I was in Clearwater years ago and the news then was the lawsuits against them and trouble they were in.
I am not debating any of that at all, rather stating I think they are more entrenched in the DT part and not so much the entire city.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:14 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,784,652 times
Quote:
Because the amount of people coming into town, results in the purchase of goods and services. There is more ways to skin a cat, than to collect simple tax on it.

I don't buy what ANY organized religion is selling, including the Scientologists, but I also do not have any hatred toward them. To me, the just are. I never had a problem being near them. They are just people who believe something different than I do. No biggie.
This "amount of people coming into town" because of this "church" is not paying anything towards locals in taxes - all people who come for this "level trainings" live inside S building -> paying to the "church", but hey, "church" is a church, so no taxes to local. These people work for the church and getting paid well below minimum rate ($150 for a week) - these people don't pay taxes so as the "church".
They are not paying anything, so I don't see there economical benefit to the locals is assumed to be coming from. Florida air is free, so...
I guess I am not neutral towards them because know real life examples closed to me when people were brainwashed to the point they died from lack of medical help from very treatable deceases because per this "church" rules they simple were not allowed to look for medical help. It makes me sick to my stomach to know sect like that exist in our century...

Old 10-11-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I see.

You claimed to know how great Scientologists were through your friend, and when you are asked extremely basic questions, you retreat and throw up a false argument.
I smelled S for some reason lol this is how they normally protect their crap by saying they have friends blah-blah-blah...

Old 10-11-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
I can answer about poor and middle class... they are also take a good part of organization. Besides these people giving all their money to the "church", they work for pretty much free to serve upper class. Think about a minions lol

Old 10-11-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I am not debating any of that at all, rather stating I think they are more entrenched in the DT part and not so much the entire city.
still or yet? you need to do a research on them... their plan was to get entire city and last time I read they had some members on local gov level within the city...
Normal people who live there should hate S by default just because they are not getting any money from this organization while this organization is making a lot of money... It's genius!

Old 10-11-2015, 12:50 PM

9,001 posts, read 10,155,471 times
Lol...this is a very touchy subject for some silly reason.

All I will say is that my friend is one of the sweetest, honest, & truly noble BAMF's I have ever met...
He took care of me when I had no one to lean on....
Don't knock Scientologists because it's "popular"
I never go for what the masses are saying anyways.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:24 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,894,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I smelled S for some reason lol this is how they normally protect their crap by saying they have friends blah-blah-blah...
Exactly, which is why I ask my questions the way I did.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
still or yet? you need to do a research on them... their plan was to get entire city and last time I read they had some members on local gov level within the city...
Currently.

I have no interest in researching anything I have no interest in and that includes this organization or any other religious "organization". I think the tax exempt thing for ALL of them is a crock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay