Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2006, 03:33 PM

4 posts, read 24,691 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend whom I used to live with decided that she wanted to attend school in Spring Hill where she lives with her Mother, at PHCC transferring later on to USF.

I stayed down here continuing my education at BCC transferring to another University unknown at this time.

She's having a hard time dealing with the distance, so I've decided to move up to join her.

I'm scared of such a big move that I've never accomplished in my life. I have a great job right now, and don't really want to leave it, but I know that the colleges/environment is better up in Spring Hill/Tampa area than down here. I've visited about 15 times in the past year.

I'm worried I won't find an appropriate job that satisfies my needs. Right now I'm a High School graduate with work experience in both Customer Service and Technical Support for Internet.

I need a job/schedule similar to the one I have now, or a job only on the weekends. Maybe something part-time.

My rent would be based on my salary in the new city.

I've checked out apartments.com, forrent.com, rent.com and others, but they're not satisfying enough.

I just got back today from Spring Hill/Tampa, but I didn't get the chance to check out the apartments out there. We were checking out her campus, which I like A LOT.

If anyone lives in Spring Hill/surrounding vicinities, can you please advise me on what are some places to check out for my next visit in December?

Also, if anyone else has anymore advice to give, please tell me!

I'm anxious to make the move, but very nervous and don't want to make a bad decision and be unhappy for a year (term of a lease).

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2006, 03:11 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,378,211 times
Tampa area has numerous Customer Service and TEchnical Support jobs. Its a short jaunt down the SunCoast/Veterans expressway to the Westshore Business District, where NUMEROUS service and tech jobs exist. There are also many tech jobs that are work from home. Check out tbo.com for employment. As far as rentals, contact a local realtor who specializes in rentals, then give him a price you can afford, in addition there is always Craigslist.com. Many of the individual condos/townhomes are not listed in those rental listings you mentioned.
Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: