Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 12:12 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Pasco man released from death row after murder conviction overturned

This is not in Riverview but a story that is mind boggling and I know of a other sex offender caught in the 80s without restrictions other than being registered which could mean there are plenty more we have no clue about or have hardly any restrictions.
The link will get you to an unbelievable story but if the story is true that means that man is a scary one to have close to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 08:12 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhHah View Post
Yes, that's it, Sunnydee ... Mariposa. It's a very convenient location for getting to Tampa or the I-75 to go North or South. Plus many shops, including a Home Depot (and the Super Target you mentioned), within a 5 min drive for anything you might need for daily living. Looks like they are building homes in the upper middle class price range - from $269 and up.
I drove past there tonight on my way to kickball and the homes look very nice. You're right, it's a very convenient location. I live about five minutes down the road from there. My neighborhood has the added bonus of walkability to just about everything I need - grocery, doctor, dentist, library, vet, car repair place, several local restaurants, florist, tennis courts, the park, etc.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:48 AM

201 posts, read 237,791 times
How could I forget that there's also a Sams and Costco less than 3 miles North of where Mariposa will be. LOL.
Btw, it will also be a gated community. (I would like to find out what the HOA fees will be). So, yes, there are some nice parts of Riverview.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:43 PM

13 posts, read 54,189 times
It didn't work. It was the most expensive home in shadow run, or well one of the most... Seems their hoa has a limit of 2 dogs and 2 cats... If i am paying 400+k and having a 1 acre + home, i can take my 4 dogs and do as i please (as long as not a nuisance ). But their hoa says no. I was really serious about this home, i even googled the neighbors. Another potential issue was, the neighbor on one side, has a 20-30 something year old kid... who apparently still lives with the mom. Which is all fine.. Except 2 years ago he posted on facebook about how annoyed he was that the "new neighbors have children, and as he put it "little kids". Sure maybe he was just being whiny or having a bad day. But, all i need his for my new baby to cry and him look over the fence and see 4 dogs (sheltie,boxer and 2 small dogs) and report it to the HOA.. I'd sell the house before i got rid of animals. We've looked in trinity,odessa etc... We don't want neighbors right on top of us. I looked into van dyke farms, there is some nice homes there.No pet restrictions besides the typical no breeding stipulation. But, nothing jumped out at us, so that crosses out a lot of sub divisions, and we are very picky buyers. There isn't much on the market that would work for us right now. School zones are important with us expecting early next year, but that is still 4+ years away. I did think paying 400+ k in riverview for the most expensive home in that subdivision was not the best move, and i am kinda glad it fell apart.In fact we both were, we didn't really want to live an hour away from family in clearwater with a baby coming. So with our lease ending in february...We are panicked to get all of this done in time. It sucks because i don't want to buy something we'll regret. We aren't planning on living here forever, so it's a 5-10 year stopgap probably.

edit and the sex offenders i was referencing are off of glenhill dr. road just south of shadow run area

Last edited by willwill; 10-20-2015 at 08:01 PM..

Old 10-20-2015, 08:19 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwill View Post
It didn't work. It was the most expensive home in shadow run, or well one of the most... Seems their hoa has a limit of 2 dogs and 2 cats... If i am paying 400+k and having a 1 acre + home, i can take my 4 dogs and do as i please (as long as not a nuisance ). But their hoa says no. I was really serious about this home, i even googled the neighbors. Another potential issue was, the neighbor on one side, has a 20-30 something year old kid... who apparently still lives with the mom. Which is all fine.. Except 2 years ago he posted on facebook about how annoyed he was that the "new neighbors have children, and as he put it "little kids". Sure maybe he was just being whiny or having a bad day. But, all i need his for my new baby to cry and him look over the fence and see 4 dogs (sheltie,boxer and 2 small dogs) and report it to the HOA.. I'd sell the house before i got rid of animals. We've looked in trinity,odessa etc... We don't want neighbors right on top of us. I looked into van dyke farms, there is some nice homes there.No pet restrictions besides the typical no breeding stipulation. But, nothing jumped out at us, so that crosses out a lot of sub divisions, and we are very picky buyers. There isn't much on the market that would work for us right now. School zones are important with us expecting early next year, but that is still 4+ years away. I did think paying 400+ k in riverview for the most expensive home in that subdivision was not the best move, and i am kinda glad it fell apart.In fact we both were, we didn't really want to live an hour away from family in clearwater with a baby coming. So with our lease ending in february...We are panicked to get all of this done in time. It sucks because i don't want to buy something we'll regret. We aren't planning on living here forever, so it's a 5-10 year stopgap probably.

edit and the sex offenders i was referencing are off of glenhill dr. road just south of shadow run area
The county was selling lots at a decent price in that neighborhood when the developer went bankrupt. Shadow Run Blvd was suppose to go all the way thru but the road built over the dam collapsed. One good thing about Shadow Run is there's no CDD.
Sucks about the dogs, I'm sure you'll find something else you may like even better.

There's a neighborhood next to where I grew up called Pat Acres off Waters Ave. Its an older neighborhood than Shadow Run and not as nice but always liked the big acre lots and no crazy HOA or CDD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay