Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 06:41 AM

25 posts, read 47,729 times

Advertisements

I have been in Tampa a month now, and I am currently renting a townhouse. I am anxious to buy in the next year, but I don't think an HOA is really for me. What areas are good for avoiding the HOA's? I am in Citrus Park/Carrollwood right now, and it seems that everything is an HOA. Any insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 06:46 AM

769 posts, read 829,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeniebeenie79 View Post
I have been in Tampa a month now, and I am currently renting a townhouse. I am anxious to buy in the next year, but I don't think an HOA is really for me. What areas are good for avoiding the HOA's? I am in Citrus Park/Carrollwood right now, and it seems that everything is an HOA. Any insight?
Pretty much everything built since the 1980's is going to be inside of a HOA. That's just how things are.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:45 AM

6 posts, read 7,024 times
South Tampa and Seminole Heights have new constructions without HOA.Enterprises to locate a new/newer . Good Luck!

Last edited by Sunscape; 11-03-2015 at 07:39 AM..

Old 11-02-2015, 09:52 AM

769 posts, read 829,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeLovesTampa View Post
South Tampa and Seminole Heights have new constructions without HOA. I work in new home sales in Bradenton and Apollo Beach and understand the HOA and CDD in some areas can be pricey. Good Luck!
Any new construction in South Tampa and Seminole Heights are tear down / re-construction. And those are few and far between. So I stand by my story... there are no new construction "neighborhoods" anywhere in Tampa, or probably in Florida, since the 80's that arent HOA or CDD or some combination of the two.

So yeah, if the OP wants to live in an old non-HOA neighborhood built in the 1920's, surrounded by homes built in the 1920's through 70's, choices are endless. Alot of those neighborhoods are probably not what the OP is looking for, and a LOT are in bad parts of town.

Also, there are a couple subdivisions where the residents have let the HOA's laps, I know parts of Carrolwood Meadows is like that. And that neighborhood has gone to hell.

Last edited by Keeper; 11-03-2015 at 08:48 AM..

Old 11-03-2015, 04:30 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,608,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
Any new construction in South Tampa and Seminole Heights are tear down / re-construction.
That ^^^^. I wouldn't live in those areas if you paid me anyway; too close to riff raff.

Tampa is ridden with HOAs, and that's because of all the transplants who want to isolate themselves from everyone else. It's ridiculous. Fugitives.

PS. People have become are too self absorbed to notice that HOAs are doing nothing for their communities other than act like communists and police the people who wouldn't otherwise paint their homes bright orange.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:49 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Keep in mind that even though some HOA management companies aren't run that well like Associa Gulf Coast who are losing community after community and Premier Property management there are other issues why a community looks bad and it comes first to owners who don't seem to care about taking care of their properties and isn't it an owner who should at least make sure the curb appeal is there even though they can be a house slump on the inside.
If you don't have owners pride than it will look bad.
Some HOA's in older communities have volunteering fees and may don't want to pay the $25 or $100 annually that keeps up the entrance.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:56 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
buy in a nice older neighborhood-- Oldsmar is my first pick--

Old 11-03-2015, 05:36 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,608,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Keep in mind that even though some HOA management companies aren't run that well like Associa Gulf Coast who are losing community after community and Premier Property management there are other issues why a community looks bad and it comes first to owners who don't seem to care about taking care of their properties and isn't it an owner who should at least make sure the curb appeal is there even though they can be a house slump on the inside.
If you don't have owners pride than it will look bad.
Some HOA's in older communities have volunteering fees and may don't want to pay the $25 or $100 annually that keeps up the entrance.
You're forgetting:
1. How many low end jobs someone has to work here to afford that house.
2. That some work many hours and have no time left to pamper their front lawns.
3. That HOAs are NOT there to HELP folks like the ones I mentioned, all they do is b*itch that is not done. I find that offensive.
4. It is NOT ok to assume that someone purposely wants a nasty looking yard. So, instead of wasting papers sending letters, get off your a$$ and HELP those with limited time!

It's called being a GOOD neighbor!!!!

Old 11-03-2015, 05:56 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
You're forgetting:
1. How many low end jobs someone has to work here to afford that house.
2. That some work many hours and have no time left to pamper their front lawns.
3. That HOAs are NOT there to HELP folks like the ones I mentioned, all they do is b*itch that is not done. I find that offensive.
4. It is NOT ok to assume that someone purposely wants a nasty looking yard. So, instead of wasting papers sending letters, get off your a$$ and HELP those with limited time!

It's called being a GOOD neighbor!!!!
Or a person could choose to buy a house that better fits there budget so they don't have to work more than 1 job so they will have time to do yard work or maybe even then could afford a lawn service.
I wouldn't expect anyone to volunteer there time helping clean my nasty looking yard.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:01 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeniebeenie79 View Post
There are nice, non HOA neighborhoods. I think Forest Hills is nice, good location and close to where you live now.
Just tell a realtor your looking for a non HOA neighborhood and they can show you some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay