U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 06:51 AM

5,556 posts, read 5,075,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I have heard this story on NPR several times, they mentioned that Nicaragua and
Cuba are close allies, which makes sense since Nicaragua is a pseudo-communist goverment, its a political statement about dissidence in general.
That's interesting, I did not know about that alliance. I doubt if Cuba is paying Nicaragua, though. I don't think they have the money, but I could be wrong. Costa Rica has, or used to have, quite a US ex pat population and have, in the past been very friendly to the US, as I understand it. When I traveled there, we were practically mobbed by a group meeting and greeting the ship. Gorgeous country. Nice people, too.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:16 AM

3,723 posts, read 2,024,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
I don't wonder why, it's an unfortunate result of being Britain's (or more accurately, The City's) poodle in the interest of globalist aims. If there wasn't a US, Britain would have had to invent it, because it needs a set of huge skirts to hide behind. It has been most unfortunate that the US hooked up with the Brits again after all that blood and effort to break away. Partition and dump (on the US) Wash, rinse, repeat. Brit banker-created problems and burdens borne by the US.

And how do I know the above? Well, it's that passport thingy you mentioned. why, yes, yes I do have a passport and thank you so much for inquiring. In fact, I had occasion to use it while travelling the Caribbean with a peripatetic Brit. We mostly visited his friends who were employed by Brit financial interests around the region. Real bores and boors who spent their days imbibing pints and shandies while having long, meaningless conversations about "PROH-pitty" (to you Americans, that's "property", a subject with which some Brits tend to be endlessly obsessed. It's a historical thing) and looking down their noses at the local people of color.

It was, however, a most enlightening trip and you are exactly right when you say that some Americans need to get out more. A little travel, some loose Brit lips and I learned a LOT from that little excursion and my own research afterward.

With that said, there are some very decent Brits out there and it's too bad we can't take some of THEM in as refugees, because lord knows, it must be heartbreaking to watch their homeland turn into a fly-blown dung heap. Can't even quote Winston Churchill in public without getting arrested and hauled off to the Tower. Not to mention, England spawned the finest ruler that ever existed on the face of the planet, Elizabeth I. And of course, I do thank England for George, Tom, Benjie, James, John and the rest of the boyz (And John, Paul, George and Ringo, for that matter). Even today, some of the most vocal advocates for immigration sanity in the US are wonderful Brits who immigrated here.

anyway, give my regards to Betty Battenburg and close your eyes and think of England.
67 British bankers died in the Twin Towers on 9/11 in case you'd forgotten.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
67 British bankers died in the Twin Towers on 9/11 in case you'd forgotten.
Kind of proves my point. Don't get me wrong, just as I distinguish between Washington/Wall Street and the US, I distinguish between England and London/The City.

England has much to recommend it, having been foremost in law, literature and the natural world. Despite my ancestral animus towards Brit military (an Irish thing), I hate to see the finer contributions of the country wiped out. And we must never forget the great George Orwell, who foretold much of what is coming to pass.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:52 AM

And don't be insulted by the Battenburg crack. I'm well aware of our own, the Scherffs. Sigh.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:20 AM

3,723 posts, read 2,024,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Kind of proves my point. Don't get me wrong, just as I distinguish between Washington/Wall Street and the US, I distinguish between England and London/The City.

England has much to recommend it, having been foremost in law, literature and the natural world. Despite my ancestral animus towards Brit military (an Irish thing), I hate to see the finer contributions of the country wiped out. And we must never forget the great George Orwell, who foretold much of what is coming to pass.
Ah,Irish.
The genetic inferiority complex explains everything.
Fortunately Britain doesn't bear grudges and will continue to provide a safe haven for the many Irish economic migrants forced to flee home as they have done for every generation since independence.
It's funny how many of them find life so agreeable on the " fly-blown dung heap " that they never bother to return home.
I hope the 20,000 Syrian refugees that Britain is admitting in the next five years will receive the same welcome that the Irish did.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Ah,Irish.
The genetic inferiority complex explains everything.
Fortunately Britain doesn't bear grudges and will continue to provide a safe haven for the many Irish economic migrants forced to flee home as they have done for every generation since independence.
It's funny how many of them find life so agreeable on the " fly-blown dung heap " that they never bother to return home.
I hope the 20,000 Syrian refugees that Britain is admitting in the next five years will receive the same welcome that the Irish did.
LOL, well there ya go. It took a bit of chumming the waters, but the "genetic" angle finally oozed out! I heard all that rubbish down in the Caribbean, from a bunch of pickled "British Bankers". (real fine genetic specimens.) It's the justification for degrade, conquer, partition and dump.

Fortunately, my great grandfather and grandmother avoided the dung heap and came here, not that they had any choice. Great gran brought a little present with her, weals on her back from the lash of Brit "soldiers", just for committing the sin of teaching children. So much for not bearing grudges. That's why I'm fond of the US and don't want to see it keep taking doses of clap from Brit elites, which clearly you fancy yourself one.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:06 AM

769 posts, read 595,820 times
Wow, a lot of undercover racism here.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:12 PM

25,897 posts, read 39,185,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
I agree. Our borders should have been closed back in 2001.

That documentary I watched on AWE said exactly that. We (Americans), are too gullible, and want to appear "welcoming" regardless of the consequences. That's not appearing "welcoming" that is being stupid Or naive, or PC. All which end up hurting us.
I agree as you can still be very welcome with closed borders. Our office door is closed all day but the door opens if you push the handle down and clients are welcome.

Leaving the door open will cause bugs to come in and other unwanted guests in our office like roaches, etc.... (just kidding)
What I'm trying to say is that people with good intentions are allowed to come in. If people who want to harm or do things wrong we will act accordingly and luckily we hardly ever had an issue.

Why is it rude to call a legal alien the way it is called and an illegal alien as it is labeled?

Why is it inhumane to check a background check and if it can't be checked due to records not available to refuse people from coming in?

Our backgrounds were checked over and over and basically we often stated that they wasted the money on doing so instead of using it for actions against the bad people but who knows upfront who is good and who is bad.

I know money from legal aliens is used to pay for salaries of USCIS employees so the foreigners pay for that department.

Why is it rude or inhumane to screen based on criteria known that are causing a bigger risk.

isn't that what we are doing when we screen for a rental place when an application comes in. Of course we can't base our screening on racial and religion, etc. as we have to be in compliance with Fair Housing but the Federal Government has to screen based on keeping all of us safe and has different criteria and to make it like they have to act like we are all alike is crazy.

How many Christian, Jews, Mormons, etc. have in the last 2 decades beheaded a person any where in the world and became suicide or homicide bombers as I rather call them?

How many planes have been blown up by Christians, Jews, Mormons, etc. over the last 2 decades?

We get back to the same group of people and we are saying it is the radical part of that religion and people who feel compassion for their cause and travel to countries where they train to kill other people.

I think we owe US citizens and legal aliens to be safe and to screen the best we can without wasting time and money on PC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or