Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 02:12 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaariel View Post
So, should I hold off on buying?
That depends. How long has the home been on the market? Are there any other offers being entertained? Usually the good homes that are priced right go very quickly. If it's been on the market for a long time with little interest, you need to find out why.

I seriously doubt things will get more expensive than they are right now, so there's no harm in waiting. But if you love the house and it's new on the market and there's nothing wrong with it, I'd make an offer before someone else does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 02:30 PM

101 posts, read 113,911 times
Don't try to time the market. This is an emotional decision, not an investment (I assume you plan on living here). If you see what you like for a price you want. I'm a very picky person so it took my months to find the house I liked but in the mean time prices rose 10-15% on average. No one can predict the future. If it looks right and you can afford if financially go for it. Also, don't be afraid to run the numbers and compare it to renting something similar. Buying isn't always the answer.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:21 PM

232 posts, read 348,339 times
I just signed a contract today on a tiny condo in Safety Harbor. I'm newly retired and single. I'm so looking forward to the sweet small town charm Safety Harbor offers. The prices are high, but there's no place else I'd rather live.

I like Countryside as well. It's not as walkable as Safety Harbor and obviously has no downtown, but the lot sizes are usually bigger. All the subdivisions off Enterprise are very nice.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunigal99 View Post
I just signed a contract today on a tiny condo in Safety Harbor. I'm newly retired and single. I'm so looking forward to the sweet small town charm Safety Harbor offers. The prices are high, but there's no place else I'd rather live.

I like Countryside as well. It's not as walkable as Safety Harbor and obviously has no downtown, but the lot sizes are usually bigger. All the subdivisions off Enterprise are very nice.
Welcome! Hope you love it here as much as I do!

Old 11-24-2015, 06:37 PM

232 posts, read 348,339 times
I walked from my realtor's office at Main and 6th to the Chamber of Commerce at Main and 2nd. Everyone I passed smiled and said "Good morning." That and seeing the dog water dishes outside the restaurants, made me so excited. Home inspection tomorrow.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:29 PM

240 posts, read 286,846 times
After awhile you will see that most of the shops and galleries are geared for tourists. Yeah you can walk around, but like anything else it gets boring. For practical things like grocery shopping, drug stores, home improvement stores, you need to drive out of Safety Harbor. The library is wonderful though.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:47 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,922 times
With the exception of "home improvement" all the daily necessities of life can be found at the intersection of Enterprise and McMullen Booth rd. hardly a drive out of Safety Harbor...

Old 11-29-2015, 06:02 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,748,750 times
Countryside is just an area within the city of Clearwater, Fl. I do believe the name comes from the High School and the local Mall. People living in "Countryside" have a Clearwater, Fl address.

Safety Harbor is right next door, but is run by Pinellas County. Both areas are great to live in. I give it a A rating.

Your question. So, should I hold off on buying? My answer is NO! here is why.

For the first time in 2015. The pinellas county property appraiser sent out property tax bills, with an average increase of 450 dollars. It looks like property values are going up. It's just gonna get more expensive to buy homes in the years to come.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
With the exception of "home improvement" all the daily necessities of life can be found at the intersection of Enterprise and McMullen Booth rd. hardly a drive out of Safety Harbor...
True! These things are all available just a short drive across the street from SH.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:14 AM

240 posts, read 286,846 times
Across the street? Hardly. It's not a long drive, but you do need a car. Safety Harbor is not run by Pinellas County, it's an official town in its own right. And Countryside is a residential area of homes. Not named after the school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay