Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 11:10 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,234,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampaite View Post
I understand your intent but Can you be sued for theft of property? I think you need to let the county or the city do it's job.
agree - but something tells me that there's no one that make a big deal about it.....eye sore where I live

Last edited by BucFan; 11-25-2015 at 11:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 06:21 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,865,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
Political signs are protected... there' s a difference.
Not true. Here's info from Tampa Tribune:

Political season brings glut of illegal signsBy Keith Morelli | Tribune Staff Keith Morelli

TAMPA -

They sprout like mushrooms, dozens at a time on corners of well-traveled intersections. As the primary election looms, most carry messages of politics rather than the usual cash for houses and lost pets.

If the signs, be they political or otherwise, are in the right of way - and many are - they are illegal.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:40 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,318,171 times
Myself, I like the signs. But then, I am pro litter. My wife grits her teeth and almost fumes when I say that, but you know women. In my mind, littering does not exist. Everything in this universe is impermanent and bio degradable, you just have to wait a while (eons perhaps) for it to happen. Doesn't bother me a bit. I'm in no hurry. All those candy bar wrappers and unwanted signs add a festive dash of color to an otherwise drab and boring landscape. Unwanted bottles and cans provide a snug home for little bugs and stuff. Glass is nothing but melted sand, and cans are made from metals that are mined from the earth's ores, so it's all just earth on top of the earth, only some things are in temporarily different forms.

I guess it's just a matter of how one sees things. You can get mad, or you can just enjoy the beautiful colors and designs. Guess who will have the highest blood pressure?

Last edited by smarino; 12-03-2015 at 04:51 PM..

Old 12-03-2015, 05:07 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,234,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
Myself, I like the signs. But then, I am pro litter.
another poster made a suggestion to review previous posts for a poster to get an idea where they're coming from - I did it for you and you've got some really odd ones, this pro-litter post included.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:07 PM

216 posts, read 436,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Most localities have rules on these signs. Gulfport has a dedicated zone enforcement employee and I have personally witnessed him removing signs.

I always wonder about the business economics of buying/placing these signs. I for one, have never contacted a business advertising via these signs, nor did a political sign ever sway my voting decision.
They are indeed prohibited nearly everywhere, but the local governments simply do not have enough staff to pull them up as soon as they appear.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:53 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,846,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
Finally got fed up with seeing those obnoxious election-style signs everywhere and decided to do something about it. This weekend, I pulled over and parked near a few intersections and yanked about 25-30 of these puppies out of the ground and chucked 'em in the dumpster.

It's everything from WE BUY HOUSES to SELL YOUR JUNK CAR to FIX YOUR CREDIT. All kinds of gimmicks / scams that clutter up street corners everywhere. You tend to see them moreso in poor neighborhoods and they make everything look trashy. Hillsborough County Code Enforcement tries to cleanem up when they can, but they don't have nearly enough staff and hours to keep up.

Who's with me on this? If everyone in the whole county grabs like 5 a week and chucks 'em, we can stick it to these annoying marketers / scammers. Who wants to join me? If you see 'em at an intersection and you have a few minutes to spare, park in a business or plaza, walk around and get 'em! A group effort countywide would go a long way. If enough of us team up and do this, we can fight back.
Good for you, I approve of your initiative. If they are in the ROW the they have no right to be there.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:39 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,005,703 times
There's been a lot of tax refund signs lately, which is stupid because hardly anyone even has their W-2s yet. I've snatched up a good 30 - 40 of them over the last few days. They are sprouting up like weeds. Who else is joining me in this effort? I challenge all of you!

Old 12-30-2015, 08:44 PM

190 posts, read 178,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
You live in Florida. Cleanliness of areas is usually not a priority here.
I think you're right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay