U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2015, 10:42 PM

13 posts, read 6,678 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am looking to relocate to Florida in the next year. I have been scoping out Dunedin, Clearwater, Tampa, st Petes, vero beach, palm beach). I have family and friends on both east (Tampa) and west (Miami) shores! I am torn as to what is the better fit for me and my husband and most importantly my two doodle dogs. I am mid 40's with my husband, no kids. We are active outdoors, love the beach (prefer to take dogs), foodies (good restaurants), and music/outdoor concerts, entertainment is all important to us. I am visiting in Jan to scope out east and west coast beaches. Would like to be as close to a beach as possible!! House under 250$ would be ideal with a pool. Any input any one has on best locations and affordable beach towns I would appreciate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 11:45 PM

4,390 posts, read 5,895,692 times
Where will you be working, or are you trying to find your location first? I much prefer the Gulf coast to the East coast. I have heard that it is less congested and more laid-back. The sand is whiter and the Gulf is warm, turquoise and calm. My cousin came over from Cocoa Beach to visit me and we went to a fun beach café on Anna Maria Island with music and dancing, and she just raved about it and said they have nothing like it where they are. There are a ton of nature preserves in the area. I'm in Bradenton just off Anna Maria Island, and we still benefit from the Gulf breezes in summer. Most beaches don't take dogs, but there are dog parks and some beaches are dog-friendly.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:32 AM

191 posts, read 150,160 times
I think you got your East and West mixed up there, Molly ... lol. The job opportunities might dictate where you live ... in what field of work will you both be looking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or