U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-11-2016, 05:00 AM
 
271 posts, read 314,311 times
Reputation: 689

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
It sure as **** is West of, say 16th st. south or i-275...
And now we can Crown a New 'Yankee Provider of Ignorance and Mis-information on City Data'!

And, before I am scolded...the word Ignorant is not an attack or insult!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2016, 05:58 AM
 
1,422 posts, read 1,483,944 times
Reputation: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by rye-rye View Post
The areas far west and north of Central Avenue can be found in near that range. Also the areas south of Lake Maggorie in South St Petersburg can possibly fall in that range. These areas are NOT ghetto but they DO lack nearby services (eg grocery stores and walkability). ***Check the flood maps, house insurance is REALLY expensive compared to other parts of the country and the flood zones will be a big part of that. You also need to check the roof condition, it will also affect your insurance rates**
I agree. But I don't think any AREAS there that have walkability and grocery stores. Do you? Even Old NE, we have to drive to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2016, 06:16 AM
 
769 posts, read 590,152 times
Reputation: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
I agree. But I don't think any AREAS there that have walkability and grocery stores. Do you? Even Old NE, we have to drive to all.
Walkability in Florida is a myth.

It's really an urban legend because it only exists in like 3 areas in America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2016, 09:01 AM
 
15,112 posts, read 31,000,924 times
Reputation: 18209
The "walkability" thing is ridiculous. Who walks to the grocery store no matter WHERE you live? I fill my trunk with stuff when I go, not buy a tiny bag of food..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2016, 09:13 AM
 
769 posts, read 590,152 times
Reputation: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
The "walkability" thing is ridiculous. Who walks to the grocery store no matter WHERE you live? I fill my trunk with stuff when I go, not buy a tiny bag of food..
It's a myth unless you live in New York City... or a couple other places

Of course, most people under 30 dont cook anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2016, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
85 posts, read 106,258 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
I agree. But I don't think any AREAS there that have walkability and grocery stores. Do you? Even Old NE, we have to drive to all.
I guess I should amend my description, by Florida-standards, Old NE, Crescent Lake, Crescent Heights, Woodlawn, and Euclid St Paul's are relatively walkable to amenities, parks, transit, and restaurants. Grocery stores (to be fair) are a little too far for a lot groceries. Besides downtown, most other neighborhoods require a car for most trips. We are going in Bicycle infrastructure, its slow to improve but it is getting better. This is just from my experience
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2016, 07:32 PM
KPB
 
1,428 posts, read 911,429 times
Reputation: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by rye-rye View Post
I guess I should amend my description, by Florida-standards, Old NE, Crescent Lake, Crescent Heights, Woodlawn, and Euclid St Paul's are relatively walkable to amenities, parks, transit, and restaurants. Grocery stores (to be fair) are a little too far for a lot groceries. Besides downtown, most other neighborhoods require a car for most trips. We are going in Bicycle infrastructure, its slow to improve but it is getting better. This is just from my experience
Does the mail man still deliver on a bicycle in that area? I always thought hat was cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2016, 06:13 AM
 
1,422 posts, read 1,483,944 times
Reputation: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by rye-rye View Post
I guess I should amend my description, by Florida-standards, Old NE, Crescent Lake, Crescent Heights, Woodlawn, and Euclid St Paul's are relatively walkable to amenities, parks, transit, and restaurants. Grocery stores (to be fair) are a little too far for a lot groceries. Besides downtown, most other neighborhoods require a car for most trips. We are going in Bicycle infrastructure, its slow to improve but it is getting better. This is just from my experience
OLD NE has walkable restaurants? On 4th right? Carrabas and?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2016, 08:21 AM
 
15,112 posts, read 31,000,924 times
Reputation: 18209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
OLD NE has walkable restaurants? On 4th right? Carrabas and?
To me, restaurants there are only walkable if you live right downtown in one of those condos. I personally would NOT walk from anywhere else, most of old NE (and other neighborhoods) are too far, especially at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2016, 09:46 AM
 
1,422 posts, read 1,483,944 times
Reputation: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
To me, restaurants there are only walkable if you live right downtown in one of those condos. I personally would NOT walk from anywhere else, most of old NE (and other neighborhoods) are too far, especially at night.

Right - Most of Old NE is not walkable to a restaurant it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top