U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 06:29 AM

769 posts, read 595,087 times

Advertisements

I live in Carrolwood in a deed restricted community. My neighbor moved and sold his house and it sold and now I have new neighbors. They came and introduced themselves, they are in their late 30's like me, have 2 kids, under 8. Seem upper middle class and educated.

They have lived here exactly 2 weeks. The first weekend, they have a huge birthday party for one of their kids, complete with huge, noisy bounce house in their backyard, people parking all up and down the street and on my grass.

Fine

This past weekend, they have what I can only assume was some kind of house warming party. Even MORE people parked up and down the street, in my yard, but this time, it was drunken adults going till 1am on Saturday night. Next morning mess in their front yard which stayed there until yesterday.

And here's the last straw:

They apparently have 2 little crossover SUV's which they park in their driveway, and a little Chevy S-10 truck. Sunday night, they park the truck on the side of the house inbetween their house and mine. It's situated about half on my property and half on theirs. And because of the position of a tree in their yard, they had to drive it through my yard to get it there.

I can let the other things by, because they are one-time events, or annual events, I hope, but this parking a vehicle in the yard is unacceptable. It's against deed restrictions too.

I spoke to the husband about the truck and he does not see an issue with them. I said it's against the rules, he didn't care.

So this morning, I wrote an email to the HOA, and they will deal with it. But I am pissed I have new white trash neighbors apparently and they are so confrontational so quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 07:15 AM

279 posts, read 430,697 times
That stinks.

I guess wait to see what HOA does and if nothing then a fence if it's allowed.

You know that saying about fences.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:06 AM

6,587 posts, read 6,825,736 times
On the first two incidences I might have given them a pass...but driving on your lawn!!! Do you have sprinkler heads there??? They could do a lot of damage!!! If you have a halfway decent HOA this should be stopped real quick...but if the owner is a nut job...put up the fence... until then...take picture/video every time and document everything!

Old 12-01-2015, 08:16 AM

5,048 posts, read 6,958,872 times
Hate when that happens. I had a neighbor's visiting adult family member park nearly fully on my front lawn. They have done things nearly like that before and were polite when I pointed that out and said they thought it was their parents' or grandparents' property. Last time one did this it was actually fully in my front yard. I went out unaware they were parked there just as the driver was locking his vehicle door. I was shocked. The driver saw that and looked guilty. I said he'd have to move. He did. Easily. Quickly moved to the other side which was his relatives front yard. Immediately, so I took that to mean he knew all along where his front yard was. He never apologized or said a word though.

You do need to address these things up front. Seems like they are people who don't like rules, whether rules of common sense or fairness or, perhaps soon, actual HOA laws.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:17 AM

1,142 posts, read 778,359 times
Did you know that driving on grass will flatten tires... sometime it happens only at night.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:22 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,217,684 times
You allowing the neighbors to park on your lawn the first week set you up for future problems. Too bad you didn't correct that early to set limits/boundaries.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:50 AM

903 posts, read 2,242,048 times
If there are restrictions on a fence.. maybe a small bush planted in just the right spot

Old 12-01-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
You allowing the neighbors to park on your lawn the first week set you up for future problems. Too bad you didn't correct that early to set limits/boundaries.
In my neighborhood, there is a small patch of grass inbetween the road and the sidewalk, this half on/half off the road and on my grass is what was done, and it wasnt them, it was their guests...

Old 12-01-2015, 08:58 AM

So here's a question, can I call the tow truck to have this guys truck legally towed, since it is part on my property?

Old 12-01-2015, 09:07 AM

2,611 posts, read 1,362,669 times
No, don't do that. You'll get into more trouble than you want if you have the car towed. Legal problems then. Work through your HOA to resolve things, and get a fence if that doesn't work. If your HOA doesn't worry about them parking on your lawn, then they can hardly worry about your putting up a fence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or