Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 06:12 PM

30,137 posts, read 20,843,952 times

Advertisements

Nothing new.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:15 PM

182 posts, read 168,916 times
Archie Bunker called from the 70's. He wants his bigotry back.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:31 PM

27,203 posts, read 46,518,781 times
The mayor is going to have some protest/march due to the amount of shootings of black teens like that is helping.

Maybe holding some community meetings with parents and trying to have some people in the community who can help to get through to these parents to keep their kids off the streets at night and encourage them to study or even play a video game at home is more safe than what is going on over there.

How can these kids get a gun as they are too young to buy them so I wonder if they take their parents gun and why are 16 year olds hanging out all night.

This mayor also banned Trump from his city like that is helpful while a previous mayor not even banned a professor who later was deported after being convicted for crimes he committed. To me it sounds like a very weird way of getting attention by this mayor and it seems it is getting out of control over there so maybe time for a different leader for the city.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:37 PM

190 posts, read 178,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It seems black lives matter doesn't care about lives taken by other black people.
Oh god no.. only if its an evilwhiteraysis.. all in one word you might as well say it lol.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:41 PM

190 posts, read 178,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenme View Post
From my observations the population is less sympathetic to the black cause since the Black-Lives-Matter movement began.
The media is giving them the stage for ratings, and the public is watching, not in support, but in a growing disgust.
I'm trying to see the justification for outrage since Ferguson and I can't. Michael Brown robbed a store, assaulted the owner, defy a cop and then tried to steal his gun after assaulting him, and some question whether the cop had justification to shoot him? Chicago was overkill, no doubt, but the victim wasn't innocent. Baltimore was an unfortunate accident, and again the victim was not innocent. Black or White these people put themselves in these positions against armed enforcement and wonder why the enforcers do their jobs, which entails protecting themselves as well.

Most people will side with innocence if that's the case. I'm finding it difficult to discover random acts of Police brutality, though I can see excessive force or perhaps mental instability in the Chicago case.
The media may be giving them exposure, but the majority of the public is not buying it.

South St Petersburg as well as Gulfport are not safe places, and the residents of Pinellas County know this.

I take it Gulfport still has issues.. so many want to move there but I checked it out and honestly its not so impressive over there or the south side in general. But surprisingly an amount of whites find it highly desirable. I don't see the draw in it. I am in N St Pete and if I go anywhere, its probably going to be north up to Palm Harbor area. Ya they can try to sell Gulfport though, I am not crazy about it or the south side anywhere. Pasadena is good but that's about it or the areas on the main beach. I think Gulfport though is seriously for those who like to think they're getting true beach living for an affordable price but look what its near. That's the thing.. you get what you pay for.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:38 AM

131 posts, read 138,558 times
You can't be that close to social unrest and not be affected by it.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/1304429-post22.html

Old 12-18-2015, 03:18 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,478,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chap View Post
Archie Bunker called from the 70's. He wants his bigotry back.
Martin Luther King called from the 60s.He wants his respect for the rule of law back.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:32 AM

769 posts, read 823,680 times
For those of you who didnt live here then, or werent born yet, This sort of black violence is why St. Pete became a ghost down and every single white person moved out of south st. pete and most of central and downtown back in the late 60's through late 90's...

They dont want to change, the area is overdue for another racial riot, they just have nicer stuff to burn this time around...

Old 12-18-2015, 09:36 AM

6,581 posts, read 4,953,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Martin Luther King called from the 60s.He wants his respect for the rule of law back.
"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
Martin Luther King

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-18-2015, 09:45 AM

27,203 posts, read 46,518,781 times
GLURGE: Letter from a Death Row Inmate : snopes.com

Maybe this letter from this death row inmate will help parents of some kids to see that being a parent is something else than allowing everything.

I'm not blaming all parents so don't get me wrong but nowadays too many parents or at least one parent is not available and not interested in anything their kids are doing and their kids hang out with thugs in the middle of the night. It only takes a little thing for the bad thing to happen as these areas are already know for violence.

If you are a parent of a child and have no clue where you kid is while being a minor than to something is wrong if that is something tat happens on a regular base.

Being a parent is more than just giving them a bed and a soda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay