U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 04:53 PM

2,679 posts, read 967,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You can't live your life operating out of the fear of what could happen...well you can...but it is no way to live...especially if you are young...bad things happen all the time in good areas...I always find posts like the above to be "sour grape syndrome" meets "chicken little"...
Very well said. I bought two apartments in SoBe in the 80s, the area was not very good with the Mariel immigrants, crime and drugs. It cost me 25k each. Spent about 25k fixing them up. Area boomed and sold them for over 300k each.
We don't know what's going to happen in the future and if you are young and want to make some money looking at areas that could move up in the future could be a ticket to good money. I sure did.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:16 PM

2,056 posts, read 2,451,750 times
"the Uhuru thieves and thugs". I see the racists are alive and well on this forum. Very sad. These people are beyond sick. But that's just one of the posts here that's racist. What a bottom of the barrel mindset here. I hope this racist rant thread is closed, but you "people" will just post elsewhere, right? Maybe David Duke has a website you can go to.

I have no idea what happened in this particular instance, but anyone w/ any sense at all can see that the police are not held to any standards at all on violence, and it's just one cover up after another. If they do have an investigation, it's the police investigating the police. Gee, I wonder how that will work out? All over this country the police are murdering black men, many of them unarmed. It's not here in St Pete, it's everywhere.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:46 AM

190 posts, read 133,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You can't live your life operating out of the fear of what could happen...well you can...but it is no way to live...especially if you are young...bad things happen all the time in good areas...I always find posts like the above to be "sour grape syndrome" meets "chicken little"...
Ok but what are the possibilities of this? all those hot zones are within blocks of the ghetto after all. If crap gets real, there wont be no real divider like you think there is now.. while it may not happen.. I'd like to know what the chances are in your opinion.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
"the Uhuru thieves and thugs". I see the racists are alive and well on this forum. Very sad. These people are beyond sick. But that's just one of the posts here that's racist. What a bottom of the barrel mindset here. I hope this racist rant thread is closed, but you "people" will just post elsewhere, right? Maybe David Duke has a website you can go to.

I have no idea what happened in this particular instance, but anyone w/ any sense at all can see that the police are not held to any standards at all on violence, and it's just one cover up after another. If they do have an investigation, it's the police investigating the police. Gee, I wonder how that will work out? All over this country the police are murdering black men, many of them unarmed. It's not here in St Pete, it's everywhere.

You're a racist too you just don't know it. Its disgraceful you have to always bring up the KKK or David Duke as if everyone who mentions their concerns is a terrorist of some sort. If you act like a thug, you are one. That's the bottom line. And I am guessing your last name is Marino.. just because Italians once had a struggle in this country doesn't automatically mean its in their best interest to unite with blacks especially when we're exposed to them literally and see how they really are. I once had another Italian guy literally throw me under the bus also when I mentioned concerns about the school I transferred to being safe and how I see certain problems with certain demographics.. He instead got more mad at me than the other blacks did even. I don't know your story but it seems like you'd vote for Bernie over Trump or you're one of those types.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Very well said. I bought two apartments in SoBe in the 80s, the area was not very good with the Mariel immigrants, crime and drugs. It cost me 25k each. Spent about 25k fixing them up. Area boomed and sold them for over 300k each.
We don't know what's going to happen in the future and if you are young and want to make some money looking at areas that could move up in the future could be a ticket to good money. I sure did.
Well some of us don't even have 25k to make money off unless you wanna be flat broke for awhile. I need what I have for the short run and cant make money off real estate. I call this privilege or you had an inheritance so it was easy for you to do. Many of us out there cannot.

Old 12-24-2015, 02:43 AM

271 posts, read 314,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniTheGreat View Post
Well some of us don't even have 25k to make money off unless you wanna be flat broke for awhile. I need what I have for the short run and cant make money off real estate. I call this privilege or you had an inheritance so it was easy for you to do. Many of us out there cannot.
WTF....maybe he just worked hard and saved his money! How about that. The Good Old Fashioned way! Additionally if you think that a person who has saved 25,000 is privileged or a Trust Fund Baby you need to realize that in 2016 25,000 is not a very large amount of money.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:19 AM

2,679 posts, read 967,141 times
Quote:
Hate to disappoint you my friend I worked my butt off when I was young, had two jobs and saved that money that then I used to invest in those apts. nothing was given to me since my parents were immigrants to this country and had to start from scratch.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:29 AM

4,815 posts, read 3,464,550 times
Quote:
You're a racist too you just don't know it. Its disgraceful you have to always bring up the KKK or David Duke as if everyone who mentions their concerns is a terrorist of some sort. I don't know your story but it seems like you'd vote for Bernie over Trump or you're one of those types.
This is who you are standing with, shoulder to shoulder agreeing with, if you vote for Trump, all the fiscally conservative, common sense economic policies in the world won't get you past these people, that's why the GOP will never take another general election.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post
WTF....maybe he just worked hard and saved his money! How about that. The Good Old Fashioned way! Additionally if you think that a person who has saved 25,000 is privileged or a Trust Fund Baby you need to realize that in 2016 25,000 is not a very large amount of money.
It is for a lot of us though.. I don't know what your mentality is but you know how long it takes to save 25 grand?? its like you have no concept.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Hate to disappoint you my friend I worked my butt off when I was young, had two jobs and saved that money that then I used to invest in those apts. nothing was given to me since my parents were immigrants to this country and had to start from scratch.

Ok how long have you been in America? your age?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay