U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 05:22 PM

6,074 posts, read 5,305,466 times

Advertisements

Hey, we visit St. Petersburg from time to time, day trips, from our snowbird nest further north in Pinellas County. St. Petersburg is cool! Friendly, inviting, pleasant. Beautiful. Lots of amenities. We've met great people in the museums, galleries, coffee shops, shops and restaurants. Just sayin'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 06:14 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,595,181 times
People aren't paid enough to be nice anymore!

Old 12-21-2015, 02:52 PM

6,074 posts, read 5,305,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
People aren't paid enough to be nice anymore!
Sad, because being nice is free! Perhaps those who have not figured out how to be of service or value to the rest of society can't figure that out, either.

Old 12-21-2015, 03:03 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,595,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Sad, because being nice is free! Perhaps those who have not figured out how to be of service or value to the rest of society can't figure that out, either.
Yes, you and I know that, but some of these people are those who thought "they've arrived" when moving down here, so they aren't really interested or qualified to be in the "service" industry where "customer service" is or should be their #1 priority.

They think they spite the boss who's not paying them what they think they should be paid.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:19 AM

111 posts, read 78,807 times
Snow hasn't happened in Florida in a long time. But, one can pay for "snow" and ice skating here.

Service? What's that? In 2015? Best to make your own coffee. Google a website that has coffee recipes. There are actually a lot of coffeemakers out there with different digital settings.Even a Mr. Coffee has a nice setting to have it brewing when you wake up. Now that's luxury ... to be able to wake up when coffee is already making.Albeit some coffeemakers are expensive but nothing beats homemade. But a nice weekend excursion to a Starbucks and customized coffee is nice though. Coffee in Florida? Well, 80 degree weather on Christmas calls for some iced coffee. There are nice creamers out there too and festive (I've seen commercials), and maybe add a little bit of sugar to it. Iced egg nog is nice as well.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:39 AM

190 posts, read 132,706 times
St Pete isn't the most friendly place I will agree. People tend to hide it if theres gang activity or if they want to fight.. you wont encounter a lot of outward rudeness but tons of subtle rudeness surely and lack of manners or lack of driving manners. I'm always getting pissed off blowing the horn at someone. I cant stand that aspect about the people who come to St Pete and sadly I can't pick the natives from anyone else who moved there when it comes to their habits, but a lot of them are not Bostonians in St Pete, I know that. I cant go to many bars in St Pete that feel like Boston but I can in Largo I discovered. St Pete has like a little bit of NY mixed with SoCal, mixed with southern trash and of course blacks, retirees. I question all the time if this town is the right fit for me. I love the beaches but anything else there I pretty much can get in the surrounding towns. St Pete can be a ruthless place for a city that's small and not Philly and NY or L.A especially for its size but so can Tampa too but that's not what the topic is about.. St Pete draws in a certain crowd like a get rich by buying real estate low to sell it high and honestly, I hope their dreams fall short some of them. With the riots going on in this country, it wont be long until the blacks tear it up anyhow and a lot of those "hot" zones aren't really far from where the ghetto is.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:36 AM

2,530 posts, read 931,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniTheGreat View Post
St Pete isn't the most friendly place I will agree. People tend to hide it if theres gang activity or if they want to fight.. you wont encounter a lot of outward rudeness but tons of subtle rudeness surely and lack of manners or lack of driving manners. I'm always getting pissed off blowing the horn at someone. I cant stand that aspect about the people who come to St Pete and sadly I can't pick the natives from anyone else who moved there when it comes to their habits, but a lot of them are not Bostonians in St Pete, I know that. I cant go to many bars in St Pete that feel like Boston but I can in Largo I discovered. St Pete has like a little bit of NY mixed with SoCal, mixed with southern trash and of course blacks, retirees. I question all the time if this town is the right fit for me. I love the beaches but anything else there I pretty much can get in the surrounding towns. St Pete can be a ruthless place for a city that's small and not Philly and NY or L.A especially for its size but so can Tampa too but that's not what the topic is about.. St Pete draws in a certain crowd like a get rich by buying real estate low to sell it high and honestly, I hope their dreams fall short some of them. With the riots going on in this country, it wont be long until the blacks tear it up anyhow and a lot of those "hot" zones aren't really far from where the ghetto is.
Wow. If that's the way you feel you should move. And to which riots anywhere in our country is beyond disturbing.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:21 AM

4,806 posts, read 3,449,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Wow. If that's the way you feel you should move. And to which riots anywhere in our country is beyond disturbing.
He needs to move to Cliven Bundys ranch, or Michigan's upper peninsula.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:56 AM

190 posts, read 132,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
He needs to move to Cliven Bundys ranch, or Michigan's upper peninsula.
Laugh now, joke about how I am some inbred hick but I got news for you.. I'm Italian American mostly from poor working class immigrants. The grandparents generation had trouble saving but their kids on the other hand had a lot of opportunities.. My generation is Generation X.. the lost generation. I managed to save $6000 but still, I was a long way from 25k that people freely can throw out on real estate so do I envy some people? Absolutely. I just hate snide comments like yours and you need a wake up call fast and I hope it happens too.

BTW there is a guy I talked to in the Michigan upper peninsula.. an online friend/acquaintance.. Hes actually the founder of Prothink.org and Trutube. Mike Delaney. The upper peninsula of Michigan looks absolutely pretty if you can get beyond the winters. Blue lake water as clear as the St Pete beaches.. I s**t you not. So again joke about me belonging there or Cliven Bundy's ranch but I will get the last laugh.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:05 AM

2,530 posts, read 931,330 times
First off 25k is not freely thrown around my friend. It was accomplished with a lot of hardships. No vacations, no car, not even my own home. I stayed with my parents while I worked two jobs, hardly ever ate out, no concerts. It took me 5 years of that to raise the first 25k and buy my first apt, I worked on it, fixed it up rented it and took a loan for another 25k to buy the other one.
It's not as easy as 25k falling in your hands, but if you want something you have to grind it out and not take no for an answer or blame others for the hurdles you will face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or