U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 10:05 AM

17 posts, read 15,883 times

Advertisements

We were looking at the southern east coast of FL but it is just NOT in our price range. So now we ar back to square one! I have two boys in elementary school and are looking for areas that are safe, have decent schools and have 3 bedroom house rentals for $2k or less. We both work from home so are bringing our jobs with us. Was hoping for some feedback on some towns from maybe spring hill south we should look more into? I know that this is a pretty wide area. We do prefer being within 40 minutes to the beach if possible? I appreciate the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 11:18 AM

769 posts, read 592,217 times
Palm Harbor, Countryside, East Lake, Carrolwood, Westchase. There's lots in that price range.

Spring Hill? There is zero reason to live there, and schools suck, and its not 40 minutes to any beach

Old 12-31-2015, 12:16 PM

17 posts, read 15,883 times
Thank you for the insight! Spring hill seemed to have good prices but was definitely further inland. That was more for insight. I wouldn't want to go further north. I've heard a lot of mention of Palm Harbor so I definitely think I'm going to check that out! The other places you mentioned... Are the towns or neighborhoods? Sorry for not knowing

Old 01-01-2016, 07:12 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,484,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessan357 View Post
We were looking at the southern east coast of FL but it is just NOT in our price range. So now we ar back to square one! I have two boys in elementary school and are looking for areas that are safe, have decent schools and have 3 bedroom house rentals for $2k or less. We both work from home so are bringing our jobs with us. Was hoping for some feedback on some towns from maybe spring hill south we should look more into? I know that this is a pretty wide area. We do prefer being within 40 minutes to the beach if possible? I appreciate the help!
Northern Pinellas is where you want to be, but you will be hard pressed to find rentals in that range ... you may be able to find a condo or an apartment or townhome to rent, but houses in this area are hard to come by and will be at the very top end if not over your budget.

You'll have greater luck with inexpensive housing in Spring Hill, but the schools there are not that great, and it isn't anywhere close to being 40 minutes from the beach. Also, I would highly recommend visiting that area before you decide to live there.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:22 AM

8,706 posts, read 8,793,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessan357 View Post
Thank you for the insight! Spring hill seemed to have good prices but was definitely further inland. That was more for insight. I wouldn't want to go further north. I've heard a lot of mention of Palm Harbor so I definitely think I'm going to check that out! The other places you mentioned... Are the towns or neighborhoods? Sorry for not knowing
Up the budget 25% or reduce the size/number of bedrooms in the house and then look in Palm Harbor.....or choose a townhome, instead of a single family at your current budget. Plenty of parks around. Location, Schools, Safety.

The Rules ~ Infractions & Deletions ~ Who's the moderator? ~ FAQ ~ Personal Attacks ~ Trolling ~ Copyrighted Material

Old 01-03-2016, 11:43 AM

18 posts, read 14,126 times
Palm Harbor or Dunedin would be a good fit for you. PH has the highest rated school district in Pinellas and the #2 ranked high school. There are 3 bedroom rentals in the $2k range but the good ones go fast. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or